ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice one, I tried a few 30 sec exposures and it's useless for me unfortuantely. Living near a town is s**t, the light pollution is awful. I'll try maybe a 10 sec exposure on the background, and 30 secs on the car and have a play in photoshop though, that might work.

Had to use my kit lens too, both of my fast lens's are MF which is a pain at night! Need to upgrade the kit one.

Fiesta ST-3
Nice one, I tried a few 30 sec exposures and it's useless for me unfortuantely. Living near a town is s**t, the light pollution is awful. I'll try maybe a 10 sec exposure on the background, and 30 secs on the car and have a play in photoshop though, that might work.

Had to use my kit lens too, both of my fast lens's are MF which is a pain at night! Need to upgrade the kit one.

MF? That is good for night photography. With AF you will struggle to focus. When light painting the back ground isn't important as your lighting the car. So the darkest place you can find, the better. Get some one to light the car for you whilst you MF.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
6781538667_3b29b68d40_z.jpg

Cheshire oaks by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Messing about:

95c7335a4a7911e19896123138142014_7.jpg

Not quite perfect, but getting the lighting correct was the hardest, pulled it off pretty well there if I say so myself ;)

(that dark bit at the bottom is applied by the iPad, don't know how to get rid of that :()

^Very nice again!

What is that building? Is it new (ish)?

Saw it for the first time when flying over London the other day, never noticed it before lol!

Looks like a good place to take some photos from the top too.

Cool, shall I start a thread up? Should get a bit of interest, we could make a day of it if you want....well almost a whole day, we'll probably get fed up after a while lol!

And it would be good to have some company so I don't feel like a terrorist/idiot when taking photos in very public places!!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice work Dan and Brazo, quality shots.

Still trying to get the hand of this lighting malarky :eek:

6785482101_ae0f508c3e_z.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Lovely shot Luke. Perhaps a bit more light on the car might have worked in parts? Still a cracker though :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers fella. Completely agree mate, needs more light on the front wing and rear quarter IMO.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Had some hate mail on flickr about my swan shot accusing me of abusing the cameras 8.5fps to get a lucky shot and that I needed to earn the right to use my camera etc etc...

So i whacked together 21 shots from the same burst to prove a point. I can actually handle my camera, am quite capable of keeping focus! </rant>

None of these have been edited to photo quality if that makes sense... I.E not something id post up but just to prove the point!

[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordieclio/6792285791/[/video]

Mk2 ph1 clio
lol Yeah, Someone sent me a flickr mail sometime yesterday and removed account but it said that I got lucky with my swan shot because I'm incapable of handling my camera! It has to be someone I know.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
need some advice, i have a hankering for a new lens, i currently have a 70-300, a 50mm 1.8f and a 20mm 2.8f i fancy a wide angle but the 10-2- sigma had lots of barrel distortion at the 10mm end. any sugestions

First off, what do you want to use the lens for?

For me, I only get a new lens if I want to use it specifically for something. For example, when I got my 85mm 1.4 lens, it was because I wanted those really shallow DoF shots at weddings etc....Brides love those types of shots!

You dont seem to have a mid range zoom lens, would that be useful at all?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tbh i want to do a bit of everything haha.. i feel my current kit is OK but lacks that something special. i cant work out why my images arnt as sharp as others.

Id love something wide for landscape but then i have 4 weddings this year and id like to make a stab at that area too.. f**k i have no idea lol... just got money burning a hole in my pocket

6660076759_852575087e_z.jpg

A1 7 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

6741847473_32bdb7d3a3_z.jpg

IMG_7628a by laurataylor225, on Flickr

see just not sharp

It's pretty hard to see if the pics are sharp when looking at resized photos. Do they look sharp when looking at them 100%?

Secondly, a super wide angle lens like the 10-20mm is a very specific use lens. My 16-35mm is pretty equivalent to that (as it's full frame), and I dont use it that often. The landscape shots I posted the other day were taken with that and the 24-70mm. I get a bit worried shooting at 16mm as it's so wide. For car shoots, I would only use that for rig shots, never for statics due to the distortion, and it's not quite as sharp as my 24-70mm, which is incredible!

Also, when you say your pics 'lack something special', dont fall into the trap of buying new gear to try and correct that, and hoping that a shiny new lens will suddenly make you take amazing photos (not that a lot of your work isnt btw!)

It's a tricky one to give advice on, as I don't fully know your situation, but I hope that helps a bit.

tbh i want to do a bit of everything haha.. i feel my current kit is OK but lacks that something special. i cant work out why my images arnt as sharp as others.

Id love something wide for landscape but then i have 4 weddings this year and id like to make a stab at that area too.. f**k i have no idea lol... just got money burning a hole in my pocket

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39958742@N08/6660076759/
A1 7 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39958742@N08/6741847473/
IMG_7628a by laurataylor225, on Flickr

see just not sharp

Really like those pics - hope you don't mind, I had a play with the clio to see if I could get it to pop a bit...?

clio.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thanks :) yeah i know what you mean, i just get bored with my kit, and think buying more is the way forward, i loved my 50mm when i 1st got it but now i ararely use it, maybe i need to start using thinsg again, tbh my 20mm rarely comes off.