ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

RB 182
Yeah it's not tooo bad really.

I was indeed using grads....the sun was so intense last night, never seen it as bad to be honest. This was taken using a 0.9 and 0.6 ND grad stacked, and it still totally blew out lol. I will admit I didn't have much success last night, 6 hours sleep in 3 days had me not thinking too much for filter work.

6996186195_c9a85e2a05_z.jpg

Concrete Block by v15ben, on Flickr

Fiesta ST-3
This was a shot I had been planning for a while. A little disappointed tbh.

But anyways, the story.

This is St Govans Chapel, built into the cliff face at Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. I drove 40 minutes to get here one night and the cloud set in, and the other time I drove the area was closed as it's based on a tank range. So third time lucky.

6854668880_0b51c0a718_z.jpg

St Govans by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Nice shot Scott! Shame about the dark bit on the right.

By the way, do you work out where Polaris is first, then frame the shot around that? As, correct me if I'm wrong, the stars rotate about Polaris?

Fiesta ST-3
Depending what effect you want mate yes. I knew where the North Star was thanks to my star gazing app then tried to squeeze it in the frame.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I really like that Scott. I need to get out still and do a star trail but the nights that I've been free have been clouded over!

Took a few that I like recently.

This gull looked tired. He was sat on the roof of the boat for about an hour! Quite like this shot of him.

7000782961_66d3c97d13_z.png

Side on by A_Cro, on Flickr

Went over to Anglesey yesterday for a walk around Plas Newydd and stumbled upon this fungi, converted to B&W as I think it works better.

6854682890_56063c6d40_z.png

Week 12 - Fungi Bokeh by A_Cro, on Flickr

Is it just me or is Flick 'Argh' blurring shots?

My Dunraven Bay shot above is pin sharp back to front in Lightroom but on Flickr it just doesn't appear sharp!

Rhod, love the waterfall, Martin you wouldn't be shooting for the comp now would you;)

It's weird, I have just uploaded that shot into my gallery on dpreview and it's tack sharp! I will repost it smaller

6854641538_3c3e722013_z.png

Dunraven Bay by Brazo76, on Flickr

Mk2 Golf gti
Exposure- 30s
Aperture- f/9.0
focal length- 14mm
ISO- 200

And then played with on photoshop to get rid of most of the green colour cast

CLIO Iceberg 172
i grabbed some welding glass the other week but havnt had a chance to try it out yet. what did you use to hold it? or was it just placed in front?

I actually bought a HiTech 10 stop but decided to sell and put the money towards a wide angle lens which I'll definitely use all the time! I'll probably get another, or some welding glass in the future though.

Here are a couple from my wanderings last weekend:

6856342536_0f8dfd3601_z.jpg

Reflections by v15ben, on Flickr

7004938891_14a3cff9f7_z.jpg

On The Rocks by v15ben, on Flickr

Mk2 ph1 clio
Exposure- 30s
Aperture- f/9.0
focal length- 14mm
ISO- 200

And then played with on photoshop to get rid of most of the green colour cast

setup a custom white balance on your camera and save alot of PP! Also in photoshop if you hit Auto colour i found that gets rid of the rest of the green cast!