ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

BG 182
just looked on e-bay and seen a tidy rx ek9 for good money.

is that the j-sport front lip on that ^^^^^^^^^^^

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I nearly bought a couple of EK9's back in August mate... looked at loads. The RX is the best one to go for, if you have the dollar.

They still hold their money really well too... with examples being 10 years old, on 70k miles, and still fetching £6k+

Awesome things to drive too. But unless you like to work an engine, you'll hate it. lol

It's the most peaky standard engine i've ever driven... makes the DC2's B18 feel like a Hemi.

Clio MK 4
heres a 350z a mate has

n587804174_1296146_4531.jpg

n587804174_1296118_3537.jpg

LY 200
This Snes game looks mint!

2429930673_3018f6bc56.jpg

AutoOtaku said:
For the past few days I have been fooling around NES and SNES emulators in my spare time, reliving childhood memories seeing if my old favorites have stood the test of time. I vaguely remembered playing some sort of strange SNES/Super Famicom Japanese drag racing game at my friend's house a long time ago, so I hunted around and found the ROM version of the game.
The game was originally made in 1995 and is called "Zero 4 Champ". Unlike traditional racing games with things called "corners" and "braking", this game is all about acceleration and top speed. In fact, the game lacks any controls for steering your car, as it as always pointed straight ahead. While this may seem like a snooze, the game makes up for it by having an innovative (challenging?) control system.

2430743982_7050fb5d32.jpg

AutoOtaku said:
As you can see in the screen capture, the game uses an H-pattern shifter. One button operates the accelerator, another operates the clutch, and the d-pad/arrow keys operate the gearshift. You put the car in first, dump the clutch when the light turns green and engage the clutch each time you up shift, manually moving the gear lever with the d-pad. It's pretty tough to get the hang of, but once you do, it's actually pretty fun.

2429930747_298b495dcc.jpg

AutoOtaku said:
The game has a decent selection of mid 90's licensed cars, including the R32 & R33 GT-R, RX-7, Impreza, Evo, MR2, GTO etc. You can also tune the cars, switch tires, transmission and other parts.

2429930889_6b0cb78e62.jpg

AutoOtaku said:
I take winning VERY seriously, which is why I am using a 1200hp "*****" car to race a stock Subaru Legacy.

2430744106_a1afd6dc25.jpg

AutoOtaku said:
Impreza vs. Evo battle in all of its 16-bit glory.
The game has also has an RPG-like story mode but it won't be very fun if you can't read Japanese.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Love this thread.

Ill make a contribution as i have just found some websites. You have probally seen them all before though:eek:

marteh-1.jpg

marteh-3.jpg

marteh-2.jpg

civic_ek9_2.jpg

civic_ek9_4.jpg

civic_ek9.jpg

civic_ek9_3.jpg

civic_turbo.jpg

civic_turbo_2.jpg

More on the way.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
The 8 engines a lot more reliable than the 7

there isnt anything unreliable on the 13b (rx7 fd engine) the problem people have is that they dont treat them right, the engines use oil to run, as well as lubrication its burned its injected in to the block in to the same path as the fuel, people run them low on oil and dont do oil changes! there are 13b lumps over 100k miles on mrc and fduk, also you run them on mineral oil, not semi or fully synth! that clogs up the rotors and wears them quick! so 12 quid for 5l of oil which will do a change and leave you loads to top it up over the next 3k miles isnt really much tbh...

the renesis engine from the rx8 is basically the same engine, still burns oil, (people who dont know about wankels seem to think this is a problem but its not) doesnt have 2 turbos strapped to it so less to go wrong but not as much power...

the 22b with a single turbo and massive ports is where its at! from the mazda cosmo, tripple rotor goodness!

and see with a wankel, if you put a bigger turbo on it, and its to laggy, you split the engine (you have 3 plates, 2 housings and 2 rotors) you then port the exhaust ports in the housings and it will spin up a massive turbo by 2k rpm! will be loud as hell and sound sexy as f**k and will be quicker than you can s**t when you had a dodgy curry!

LY 200
[youtube]kCNFArW9SBE[/youtube]

from the game I posted earlier...

couldnt work out the controls on the emulator hence why I failed in the race :rasp:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Picture039c.jpg

Picture073b.jpg

DSCF2494b.jpg

DSCF2497b.jpg

DSCF2482.jpg

its a UK fd, and i HATE the rear bumper, i dont know why he didnt swap it for a jap rear bumper! and he had it fully resprayed in red, tbh i would of gone yellow (same kit as on keisuke's fd in initial d) or white, or blik lol!

that kit is SO much money though, and i kinda like the mirrors too... special order item from re though!

I think I said earlier in the thread when looking for these pics there has been some truely awesome photography, lighting, lenses, angles, locations. Puts most of the pics on here to shame, lol.