ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

END THREAD....

4rotormazdarx8---6.jpg

[youtube]P4Fgi1OQqao&[/youtube]

[youtube]TGxKS2RQLvw[/youtube]

[youtube]P96QMDVue_Y[/youtube]

What a noise!!!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i must say RX-7s are a must own car at some point in life, Black or Red i remeber seeing one in america Black minus spoiler nice exhaust and perfect wheels (didnt know what they were) it was perfection

If you're talking Rotaries this is something pretty special, 10 years to develop his own engine lol...

[youtube]NNK6qVX-6AI[/youtube]

This too...

[youtube]HWTULnclu6Y[/youtube]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
rx8 and rx7 both came twin rotor a 13b engine the rx8 is the renesis engine, exactly the same just few modifications and of coarse not twin or single turbo like the fc rx7...

the mazda cosmo came with the 22b which is the tripple rotor engine, the car is ugly but stupidly cool...

people **** off rotary engines, but they are a performance engine they rev to 8500rpm standard, people say "oooo after 60k you need a rebuild" chances are they will go on alot further than 60k... and tbh any performance engine that you rev that high on a daily basis i doubt would last 60k lol, i know a rb26 wouldnt!

4 rotors are a completely different story you are looking MEGA bucks to build one, but they sound so f**king sexy...

http://vimeo.com/5236431

guy from the rotary club im a member of 4 rotor built in the uk by wgt but the car lives in sweden... i honestly cant think of any car that sounds as good as that when he revs it!

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
I get confused over 'Rotor' whats a standard RX8? 2 Rotor?

I should know this being an ex-mazda salesman lol. I think its 3 like BIFCAIDS said, not sure though :S

edit - "rx8 and rx7 both came twin rotor a 13b engine the rx8 is the renesis engine"

I stand corrected.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol still a cool car inside and a sexy engine... just been and got some new parts for my rx7 :D im gonna be happy in like 2 weeks once its all ready and fitted :D

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
well im still a newb here my my car is jdm its a bit marmite love it or hate it 1995 nissan pulsar gti-r
DSC00410-1.jpg

and thought i better get a pic of it next to the clio that i went to collect it with
DSC00068-2-1.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
cool what you done to it?? i used to have a big thing for pulsars :) you got the umbrella in the door?? mate of mine machined a big metal solid bar that fit in the door incase he got jumped so he could pop it out and use it lol!

Homo spec mazda
My mates between two of them have 3 pulsars one of which is a UK car, and a sunny Gti pulsar replica. Two of the pulsars are 450+bhp and have whooped a nissan GTR and ted to whoop 550bhp evo's. Ugly things though.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the uk car wasnt a pulsar it was a sunny gtir... and 450bhp plus? you sure? there aint many in the uk that could be that power... the sr20det just aint that easy to get to that power... would need lots of money being spent and a much stronger box lol...

Homo spec mazda
The sunny GTI-r fact I didnt know, but ye so they say on power. however they could be talking through their arses. Still to see how it runs against the likes on GTR's is impressive.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
oh they can be quick cars mate no doubting that, they are alot less weight wise than a gtr i think but it is possible its just alot of money to get them to that power lol!

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
cool what you done to it?? i used to have a big thing for pulsars :) you got the umbrella in the door?? mate of mine machined a big metal solid bar that fit in the door incase he got jumped so he could pop it out and use it lol!

nope its not got the umbrella as its one of the last ones made the umbrella was only up to 1992 iirc it doesnt even have the vent where it would be but bar is a good idea haha.
At the moment its got:
Authbahn88 fmic
M's air filter
HKS 2.5" downpipe
G-reddy 3" decat with egt recess
5 Zigen bordermax 304 cat back
Mines ecu
HKS turbo timer
Gab coilovers
Work emoticion Cr Kai magnesium wheels
toyo r888's all round
yellow stuff pads all round with drilled and grooved discs
Hi-tech clutch lightend and ballanced specificly to the engine
full nismo short shift from the factory (gears are very close)
nissan headlight protectors (oem extra)
1 bar mod to boost solaniod (looking for reasonable avc-r)
tiger sealed mounts
Cusco front and reat upper strut braces
Steve pudney brake master cylinder brace
HKS range 8 plugs
A/C removed
CP 87mm forged pistons
HKS Head gasket
ARP head bolts
bottom end lightened and balenced
head has been rebuilt but im not happy with it so its getting done again main reason for the engine coming out again!
tinted rear 3 windows (very dark)
4300k Hid's (on order)

and thats it so far getting HKS 264 cams for the head build then mapped on an Apex-i power fc

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
what box you running? you got the quaif diff?? i was gonna say i would quickly get the ecu changed... and if your going power fc, get the power fc boost control kit for simpleness it wont be as dynamic as a stand alone unit but its tidy... if you wanna go stand alone, i wouldnt recomend the avcr i have had or used most boost controllers on the market, i would go for the HKS EVC 5 or 6 or profec 2

the nismo short shift thing is just the gear stick linkage, its nothing in the box but it is a nice option!

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
standard box but the cars only done 31k and gonna wait till the box breaks before i change it its still sweet as a nut and yeh it will be the power fc with commander and yeh its just the linkage as for the boost controllers i wouldnt touch the profec 2 mate had one in his evo and it was utter shite kept breaking he just had lots of hastle with it once its all in it wount be getting touched as will just be a weekend car

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
go for the evc 6 then, it has all the stuff the avcr does but more as well, its really really much better and easier to use i went from the avcr to the hks and was soooo happy,