ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The lowest 182, was it mine...?! (tons of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Fitted my AST's today, set them a bit low at first....!
The rear arches were supported by the tyres, wouldnt even move!!

CIMG1024.gif

CIMG1025.gif

CIMG1026.gif

Lifted it up a bit and went for a quick drive around the block:

CIMG1029.gif

CIMG1030.gif

CIMG1031.gif

CIMG1032.gif

CIMG1034.gif

CIMG1037.gif

jack wouldnt go under even on a 2" block of timber under the wheel!!

Got a bit more sensible and lifted the front and rear up to get rid of the scrapage, should be able to go about 10mm lower on the front again though ;)

CIMG1039.gif

CIMG1040.gif

CIMG1041.gif

CIMG1042.gif

CIMG1043.gif

CIMG1044.gif

Enjoy!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Does the zorst not knock!!! The yozza is a good design for clearance over the axle though to be honest!!!

Looking good mate!! Any joy with that lambda and limp fault?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Does the zorst not knock!!! The yozza is a good design for clearance over the axle though to be honest!!!

Looking good mate!! Any joy with that lambda and limp fault?

Nope no knocking...yet!

Lambda is in, light is still on but smells less of fuel from the exhaust fumes, economy seems back to normal, not had limp mode since either so I'm hoping that should be sorted!

Everyone excuse the dirt too, was clean before I went to Birchdown!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
mint!! Well try and get the light reset if you can!! If not you will have to roadtrip up!! lol!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Why spend all the money on ASTs to set the car up so it handles like sh!t?? :S

It hasnt been set up yet obviously, will be going to powerstation once I have decided if I want the stiffer spring option or not.

I want it as low as possible but to handle mint, so will probably have to compromise on the height a bit, but admit that it looks mint damn you!

mint!! Well try and get the light reset if you can!! If not you will have to roadtrip up!! lol!

Will do, I'll be on the case once I get back from the Dam!

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
It hasnt been set up yet obviously, will be going to powerstation once I have decided if I want the stiffer spring option or not.

I want it as low as possible but to handle mint, so will probably have to compromise on the height a bit, but admit that it looks mint damn you!

OK, i'll give you that... But do take advice and get it so it drives as good as it looks!!

:race:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Far too low at the back! If you've shelled out x£hundred then set them up properly!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Baggers, it will be set up to handle as good as possible, the lowness is an awesome addition to that though!

Got the solid top mounts on too, seems to have very good initial turn in.

Currently running max soft at the front and 8 clicks on the rear, need to have a good play about and see how much difference it makes and what feels right for me, will do that over the next few weeks.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Far too low at the back! If you've shelled out x£hundred then set them up properly!

Can you not read?!

Look back about how I commented on going to Powerstation in the very near future, then edit your post so you look less foolish!

Too low?! There is about 120mm of thread still to play with the on the rears to go lower!!

Mk2 172
Let put it this way if you want the car to work properly and the suspension to work properly then you will have to lift it up a fair bit. You must have almost no suspension travel at all. Curtis will defo raise it up more than that.
But then he does know what hes on about! He redid the heights and setup on my car yesterday and looks awesome :)

Mk2 172
Can you not read?!

Look back about how I commented on going to Powerstation in the very near future, then edit your post so you look less foolish!

Too low?! There is about 120mm of thread still to play with the on the rears to go lower!!

The rears are not the issue. Its the fronts!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
To be fair, he only put them on today!!! He will get them sorted properly eventually!!!

When we put the h&R's on gaz's 192 we went out to get some tea and got a loaf of bread stuck under it..... lol!! Had to raise it the next day! :)

b/g 182, meg tourer
looks great how it is now. although i would go 10mm higher on the back and leave the front how it is.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Can you not read?!

You think am going to read everyones post! I read your Opening post and commented!

foolish...naw.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Right, the car is low as fook, because i can.

It will be set up by Powerstation, full geo and corner weighting in the next few weeks. I'll tell Curtis I want it as low as poss but the handling to be spot on, as said before I know I will have to compromise on the ride height, but for now it will stay pretty much as it is.

As Steve said, i only finished them an hour or so ago, cut me some slack!

Mk2 172
looks great how it is now. although i would go 10mm higher on the back and leave the front how it is.

the front is not a million miles away but under heavy cornering he will find the wheels scrubbing the hell out of the arches!!! Trust me ive had it endless amounts of times. Back is too low. The car needs to have rake to aid the turn in and try to eliminate understeer. The front must push on a fair bit the way it is.
But yeah ill cut you some slack due to you having it setup soon and will look better when its done.

PH1 iceburg
pepsi, i think it looks awesome.

Have it how you want it. Fuk me if the whole world agreed on everything wouldnt we all be happy.

Mk2 172
pepsi, i think it looks awesome.

Have it how you want it. Fuk me if the whole world agreed on everything wouldnt we all be happy.

I agree with what ur saying but with decent coilovers the setup is vital and ride height is extremely important to how the car will ride, handle, feel, behave etc. If he just wanted it slammed he may well have just bought GAZ crap. but like he said hes getting them done soon so all is good :)
Youll love it when they are setup properly

Mk2 172
of course it won't, pros son, pros ;)

why does everyone think low = crap handling??

Didnt say that providing you have enough suspension travel or enough room for the wheel to move which is not great on the front of a standard 182 with arch liners etc.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Pepsi, u coming rippo rolling road tomorrow mate?

Was down for it, but going to Amsterdam now instead!!

Although I might come up first thing in the morning, I don't fly until 2pm and have some running around to do, what time are people going there?

Finally, some slack!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Told Curtis I wasn't fussed with the ride height, just wanted the best handling set-up
slagathor.jpg

Mk2 172
Told Curtis I wasn't fussed with the ride height, just wanted the best handling set-up
slagathor.jpg

Me too. I wasnt allowed an input on the ride height lol.
He said ur having the best height for handling on a road car. He said do u want it to look proper or look like its had cut springs!

Status
Not open for further replies.