ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Boost to trade in prices, £100 cash back, 20% voucher code, another percentage off using Samsung pay.

Cost me around £270 after trading the S10

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

20% voucher code? ?🤔😉

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an odd one as its a phone from 2013.

Just got my dad a Google Nexus 5 (used) and loaded Ubuntu Touch onto it. Was looking at buying him the Pinephone but they aren't really available and the hardware looks shite.

I am literally amazed at how good such an old phone running Ubuntu is - its responsive, does everything he needs and cost £35, the battery also seems to last 2 days which is longer than my Pixel 4 and the Mrs Pixel 5. He didn't want android and he will ruin it so an iPhone was off the cards....

Genuinely very impressed with it (other than the lack of apps, which isnt a deal breaker for him).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
He’s not that good, he wedged my SIM card in upside down. He got a flick in the balls for that.
But I’m now replying on my new phone. That’s f**king huge and I’m terrified I’m going to drop it….

Got a 12 a couple of weeks ago. Dropped within 12hrs of getting it. Never been so glad to have put a crappy case on.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just opened my Xperia 1 III and the bloody thing rattles. Quick scan of the interwebs suggests that apparently it's normal, and is caused by the optical zoom lens moving slightly when not in use. I'm sorry, but a bloody £1200 phone shouldn't be rattling.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just opened my Xperia 1 III and the bloody thing rattles. Quick scan of the interwebs suggests that apparently it's normal, and is caused by the optical zoom lens moving slightly when not in use. I'm sorry, but a bloody £1200 phone shouldn't be rattling.

If I put my ear to my S21 Ultra and shake the phone I can hear it slightly but never noticed until I just did that. I wouldn't be happy if it was rattling noticeably while handling the phone normally.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got a good screen protector for the P30Pro?
Can't get a tempered glass one apparently due to the curved screen. The ones I've had off Amazon have been utter shite, letting dust under it because it's only sealed on the edges and it messes with the screen response

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I wouldn't be happy if it was rattling noticeably while handling the phone normally.
Yeah I heard it as I turned the phone in my hand to remove the SIM tray. Definitely sending it back as that seems more like a QC issue than a normal amount of play in the mechanism.

Galaxy phones do that too. But you have to be shaking the thing.

How's the phone otherwise?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Galaxy phones do that too. But you have to be shaking the thing.

How's the phone otherwise?
Aside from the rattle it seems ok, but I havent even bothered setting it up as I'm going to return it. 120Hz screen is amazing though, definitely can't go back to a 60Hz after seeing my girlfriend's S21 and this Xperia looking so smooth when scrolling.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It's supposed to rattle! Most phones rattle with a lense like that! Phone buyers are funny folk! I drive 100k cars weekly and by f**k they can rattle.
Yeah but there's a difference between a tiny rattle when you hold it up to your ear and a rattle you can hear from across the room, and I drive a 15 year old Clio... I've got enough rattles in my life 😂

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Yeah jumping from a puma to a Clio trophy was an interesting experience and the Puma wasn't exactly world class!

I'd need to hear how bad it was to pass judgement. From my research of constant tech. Some phone and some deliveries seem worse than others.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Anyone reccomend a good tempered glass screen protector for an S21 samsung that still let's the finger print scanner work correctly???

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I ordered a Z Fold3 yesterday, would be great if people I show it to were as enthusiastic as me about the new tech, but I fully expect this to be the response I get, especially since half the people I know own IPhones

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered a Z Fold3 yesterday, would be great if people I show it to were as enthusiastic as me about the new tech, but I fully expect this to be the response I get, especially since half the people I know own IPhones

I don't agree. When people see someone fold their phone it will completely catch them! The first time I saw a fold one I was taken aback. Okay I'm a tech guy but it was mind blowing.

I think it will surprise you. Possibly the zflip might get more of a response because of the size!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I don't agree. When people see someone fold their phone it will completely catch them! The first time I saw a fold one I was taken aback. Okay I'm a tech guy but it was mind blowing.

I think it will surprise you. Possibly the zflip might get more of a response because of the size!
Tbh since ordering it I've been tormenting myself thinking I should've got the flip, I think once the novelty of the big screen wears off the flip is a much more practical every day phone, especially as I already have an iPad and don't really use my phone for gaming or youtube or anything, and the flip is half the price!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The battery life on the flip is a no go but folk love it and normal consumers are now buying it.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I did hear the battery life isn't great, but I'm not a heavy user so probably wouldn't effect me.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just to add
Mine and mate at works S21 ultra rattles by the camera when shook.
It's normal

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My girlfriend's S21 rattles but unless you're holding it to your ear it's not noticeable. Mine is audible at arm's length while slowly rotating the phone, not shaking it. I'll wait for the replacement to arrive and if it's the same then I'll just cancel the order and get something better put together.
I've read online that the rattle supposedly stops when you're using the camera, but mine only gets slightly less rattly no matter what lens I'm using.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Just tried shaking my S10 and that rattles too, I've had the phone for 2 years and never even noticed before.

Reactions: riz

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
My girlfriend's S21 rattles but unless you're holding it to your ear it's not noticeable. Mine is audible at arm's length while slowly rotating the phone, not shaking it. I'll wait for the replacement to arrive and if it's the same then I'll just cancel the order and get something better put together.
I've read online that the rattle supposedly stops when you're using the camera, but mine only gets slightly less rattly no matter what lens I'm using.
Can also hear mine at arms length just swinging it up and down, but it does stop when I put the camera on 2x zoom. Strange that I never noticed before now.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The rattle is the image stabilizer. It happens on £2000 camera lenses too. It really isn't much to be concerned about.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I know phones have been getting gradually larger, but this is a bit much
Screenshot_20210911-070010_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I finally decided yesterday that the flip would be the better option for me so rang them to cancel my order of the fold3, it was due for delivery on 24/09, after cancelling it yesterday and waiting for the confirmation email so I can order the flip I’ve had two emails from them, one to say the fold is arriving on Monday, and another today to say it’s arriving today. It’s as if they saw my cancellation and said quick he’s changed his mind get it delivered, it’s gonna hurt refusing to accept the delivery.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I finally decided yesterday that the flip would be the better option for me so rang them to cancel my order of the fold3, it was due for delivery on 24/09, after cancelling it yesterday and waiting for the confirmation email so I can order the flip I’ve had two emails from them, one to say the fold is arriving on Monday, and another today to say it’s arriving today. It’s as if they saw my cancellation and said quick he’s changed his mind get it delivered, it’s gonna hurt refusing to accept the delivery.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

For the first time in probably 15 years, I have finished my contract and not upgraded. £14 a month SIM only with Vodafone, until I decide what to do next. If I didn't own an awesome iPad I'd probably consider a fold with spen, I just cannot see my need for it yet, and any purchase I make needs to have good use!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
The flip battery life is what's stopping me switch.

Can't be doing with charging midway through the day.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

For the first time in probably 15 years, I have finished my contract and not upgraded. £14 a month SIM only with Vodafone, until I decide what to do next. If I didn't own an awesome iPad I'd probably consider a fold with spen, I just cannot see my need for it yet, and any purchase I make needs to have good use!
I live on my ipad, and always take it with me if I go away anywhere, which was my main reason for cancelling the fold.

I do wish I’d have picked right in the first place though! It’s taking them forever to cancel the order and I can’t order the flip until it’s done because it won’t let me use my imei number for the trade in as it’s still linked to the fold order.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
The flip battery life is what's stopping me switch.

Can't be doing with charging midway through the day.
I always put my phone on charge when I go to bed and very very rarely have to charge it any other time, I’ve owned a few phones over the years that people say that about and never had a problem with any of them.

My current phone is a 2 year old S10 which my granddaughter has been watching hours of hey duggee on today, and it’s still on 51%.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I always put my phone on charge when I go to bed and very very rarely have to charge it any other time, I’ve owned a few phones over the years that people say that about and never had a problem with any of them.

My current phone is a 2 year old S10 which my granddaughter has been watching hours of hey duggee on today, and it’s still on 51%.

Some banging music on hey duggee[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Bluey is the new favourite and you know this!

Battery will be reet I imagine. I have a wireless charger on my desk at work. Fast plug charger downstairs in the house and wireless charger by my bed. Never run out.

People that don't charge at night are for the watching. Phones have smart charge tech.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I charge my phone nightly, I said I can't be arsed charging midway through the day.
My usage would require that sadly.