ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
This pic is from Laura's z3 compact. Straight from her phone to mine via WhatsApp. No editing or anything. Brilliant camera, probably one of the best out there at the moment.
Baring in mind that the room is pretty dark at the moment, just lit with natural light (or what's left)

f4cf9973e403fd57ceaff385492117a0.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There is no doubt Sony do some awesome cameras on their phones!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Been playing around with the z3 slowmo camera, novelty but fun!
Battery is the best part. With the iPhone 5 I was having to charge by lunchtime if using the day nav to work. Now I'm using nav to and from work (2hrs),regular use during the day and it doesn't need charging until the next morning.

Vectra SRi
I have at the minute the Samsung S4 it's always freezing, neither camera works but I've been told it's a software issue? Preventing them from running. Going to O2 to look at the IPhone 6+ never had an IPhone myself always had the larger Android phones so I'm tempted by it..

Anyone got one?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have at the minute the Samsung S4 it's always freezing, neither camera works but I've been told it's a software issue? Preventing them from running. Going to O2 to look at the IPhone 6+ never had an IPhone myself always had the larger Android phones so I'm tempted by it..

Anyone got one?
I found the 6+ feels horrible in the hand compared to the larger android phones.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I don't like Apple products, I have to disagree with this. It felt great in hand to me.
I'm not anti Apple at all. I just found the plus to feel poor in the hand. The 6 feels lovely but the plus just felt awkward.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
6 feels nice. 6+ is insane, and that's coming from someone that is buying a Note 4! It's the slippery shape combined with the size, it's so hard to hold.

6+ is a lovely phone but it's just hardware in essence, after 30 minutes it felt like using my iPhone 5 hence why i'm going android for a change.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
6 feels nice. 6+ is insane, and that's coming from someone that is buying a Note 4! It's the slippery shape combined with the size, it's so hard to hold.

6+ is a lovely phone but it's just hardware in essence, after 30 minutes it felt like using my iPhone 5 hence why i'm going android for a change.

Fair play if you can do it, I've tried twice now and gotten pissed off both times, the software just annoys me, I prefer the simplicity of iOS. I had a nexus 4 for three months before it nearly got thrown at a wall. I sold it and went and bought an iPhone 5 again. Tried again more recently and lasted 24hrs, I won't be doing it a third time.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Fair play if you can do it, I've tried twice now and gotten pissed off both times, the software just annoys me, I prefer the simplicity of iOS. I had a nexus 4 for three months before it nearly got thrown at a wall. I sold it and went and bought an iPhone 5 again. Tried again more recently and lasted 24hrs, I won't be doing it a third time.

I'm confused, you took the invite for the one plus one?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Still so so tempted. What do you reckon my nexus 5 in good condition would sell for? £100 tops i'd have thought?

2014 Focus Titanium
Still so so tempted. What do you reckon my nexus 5 in good condition would sell for? £100 tops i'd have thought?
Easily get more than that surely! 32GB Nexus 5's in mint condition are going for around £220-230 on ebay

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mines only 16gb but as I've said before I don't even touch the sides of that with google music storing all my music etc

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well I went for Black in the end. It's currently sitting in the house unopened! 6 months free Netflix which will be worth a play with.
OH's Dad was showing me last night how he connected his S5 to the TV and watched BTsports HD... picture was so good in comparison with my laptop connected to mine! Loving some of the Android apps. :eek:

Anyway Samsung tweeted this...

Anyway you look at it, the #GALAXYNote4 Quad HD Super AMOLED display is pretty sweet. #NoteTheDifference

B0eBwi7IAAAX0qR.png

Seems it'll be sooner rather than later... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0eBwi7IAAAX0qR.png:large

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! They actually ship it with those noises off as default now... heeding complaints clearly!

The screen though, it's just stupendous! Probably take me a year to get the most out of all the stuff available. Got rid of most of the crap already.

Clio 172mk2
Had a play with a 6+. Can't see myself ever wanting a phone that big.

i have to kinda aggree, if id have seen my phone in shop first, i probably wouldnt have bothered. but tbh after uve used it a week you kinda get used to the size. Will still go down to 5" on next phone if theres something decent out

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Update on Note 4 battery...

ca41e91eea2ab0c6daf0a877bfb148fe.jpg

Been so impressed by it. The phone itself is brilliant. A tech head could have the best all rounder on the market with certain tweaks and apps imo.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't tell you to be fair, normally gets a fair amount of use at work but minimal 3/4pm onward. Minimal I reckon i could get 48 hours, 3 days is pushing it I reckon.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not the best battery wise then? Or are you still hammering the usage it being new? I've had around 36 hours out of my iPhone 6 so far.

I'm getting the same with fairly heavy usage, bizarrely it runs out after 36 even if I don't use it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's been getting a lot of use. Downloading a lot of stuff also.

Best way to show screen time?

Vectra SRi
Well I went for the 6+, only had it few days but I'm happy with it! it's larger than I thought. I bought one of those bend proof cases with the Rhino Glass screen too just because does feel like it could slip out your easily so the case helps a lot. I keep forgetting though that it has no back button etc along the bottom so still getting used to it ha ha

2014 Focus Titanium
For those who are after a smaller version of the Nexus 6, the Moto X is going on sale from 12pm today @ £359.99 as a special offer, then back to full price tomorrow!

I'd be very tempted if it wasn't for the small battery.