ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That's why I had to buy a cheap one to tide me over lol, the pitako could take 20 days to arrive as its coming straight from chyna.

Gone for a mowei uv glass screen protector too as I really want to protect this screen. I smashed my S20 ultra screen before if anyone happened to remember in 2020.

Final piece of the puzzle is a wireless charger for the bedside table. Apparently it can charge at 15w which is nice.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I dislike wireless chargers. My S21U battery is too big, it just gets hot and doesn't super fast charge.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
That's why I had to buy a cheap one to tide me over lol, the pitako could take 20 days to arrive as its coming straight from chyna.

Gone for a mowei uv glass screen protector too as I really want to protect this screen. I smashed my S20 ultra screen before if anyone happened to remember in 2020.

Final piece of the puzzle is a wireless charger for the bedside table. Apparently it can charge at 15w which is nice.
Mines Mainly to cover the ruined back of it lol. Got it off Amazon mind you.

Still not sure if I'll trade up to thr 22U. Do like the look of the green ones but it's too much Note like

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I dislike wireless chargers. My S21U battery is too big, it just gets hot and doesn't super fast charge.
I have a fast charging Anker one and leave it on at night. Tops the last % just before you wake up. My 25w wall charger is for superfast charging if required.

I still don't understand not charging a phone at night. Not aimed at you but loads of people do it. All phones have all day battery really so night time is perfect.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have a fast charging Anker one and leave it on at night. Tops the last % just before you wake up. My 25w wall charger is for superfast charging if required.

I still don't understand not charging a phone at night. Not aimed at you but loads of people do it. All phones have all day battery really so night time is perfect.

That's my wife,
Phone is always on orange battery...

Super fast charging, isn't the fastest out there but it's damn quick

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone here record video in HEVC? I've noticed that since I upgraded to the S21 Ultra because it's recording in 4k it really creates large files and I've looked at the HEVC as an option to reduce file size but keep the higher video quality.

I see it says in this format some websites etc won't load it but from what I can tell that won't matter to me so seems like it could be an viable option.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Phone received and enjoying it so far. Obviously haven't had chance to play with it.

First things first I stuck a uv glass screen protector on it. Can't believe how well this one went. No bubbles or anything.

Tried the s pen too and it feels lovely. Quite surprised at the response time of it, it's dead fast.

IMG_20220412_181710.jpg
IMG_20220412_181635.jpg
IMG_20220412_174117.jpg
IMG_20220412_175717.jpg

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Vodafone would not deal on a renewal contract only silly prices, looked at 3 but customer service & signal is shocking according to trust pilot.
Added another line to my account with EE, 10g unlimited mins & texts, iPhone 13, £44 per month.
I have max plan so can move my unwanted date to share if required.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Screen protector has cracked already 😭😭 messaged the company and they've sent me a full set for 30p so can't complain. Bit of a piss take though
I've never broken a screen, but the only time I've ever used a screen protector it shattered in less than 2 weeks. Absolute waste of time imo

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Screen protector has cracked already 😭😭 messaged the company and they've sent me a full set for 30p so can't complain. Bit of a piss take though
Was a it a decent company? I think d brand do screen protectors.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Was a it a decent company? I think d brand do screen protectors.
It was 1 out of the 3 companies that provide them mate.

White dome, another one I can't remember but is only available in the US and this one.

Dont mind that it's crackdd really especially when it's 30p for a set of 3 with everything but it's the annoyance of having to refit which is a pain.

Absolutely loving the phone though. The camera is unreal.

I had a bad experience with my S20 as the camera was very blurry. This is absolutely spot on. Even at 10x zoom

20220416_154549.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a tight c**t and charge it in the morning at work, and my power bank and then my power bank chargers hers at night 😂😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Received my new magez case and f**k me it's beautiful.

The phone feels absolutely lovely in my hand now and it also looks brilliant. So sleek and will be great using the magnetic mount in the car.

I'll take some snaps in a bit.

Really unsure about the amount of protection though but I guess that's where the glass screen protector comes into its own.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Still tempted to uograde to a 22u, maybe when there's a few watch included I might [emoji23]

I love the Mrs S22U
It's crazy how much better the camera is compared to my S21U
And even just to hold and use it feels better.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The camera is incredible after some more use. I have a rare car coming next week and will use the s22u to capture the final finish as it's a difficult colour. Can't wait to see what it does.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just came in to tag you! 😂

Another tremendous video from Michael. Impressive, great individual things like sd and Jack etc still. Flat screen. But you need computational photography/HDR to actually sell phones. They are so close.

Look at the cat picture, the new s22 smashes that shot as did the pixel with ease. The Xperia can't cope.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:cry: Emma dropped her s21u on the house carpet yesterday, bounced back off the carpet and tapped the bottom stay bar on the office desk. Booked the mobile repairer Samsung authorised guy, really good service. £280.00 or so... sadly the liquid crystal has bled into the motherboard.... fucked! first bit of tech we have ever damaged through something so random!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
First phone with an optical zoom

Samsung were bolting actual cameras onto phones back in the day.

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Zoom-01.jpg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Not a new phone question, I know. But this has gotta be the best place for some advice.

Running 2 sims on my Note 20 Ultra 5+ Superduper mega thingy.

The 2nd sim (my business sim - no im not a drug dealer) continually disconnects. Might work for a day, sometimes an hour. Works again by either restarting the phone or popping the tray out and back in again. Its driving me mental.

Anyone else have this problem or know a fix? Keep getting customers call me and i miss them :(

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
S22 ultra is still impressing me.

I do feel like I am "just using it" and not really to its full potential as such. So I'm going to watch more videos on how I can use its full potential.

Some snaps from it from the weekend.

20220515_131557.jpg
20220515_131053.jpg
20220514_173641.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The sky in the last shot and the cat itself is incredible. Some of the shots my colleague has been taking out and about are astounding. Especially the periscope/zoom.

Another shot I took...

20220518_134627.jpg

Clio
Just got an upgrade on my contract of an iPhone SE 3. Whats the best way to get rid for the best price and quickly for little hassle?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Got an iPhone 13 coming on Saturday. What cases are people using these days?