ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
That's crazy expensive isn't it!

For those who don't know about them, see this video from 1:47 onwards.

Useful for loosening crusty and rusty bolts where you can't get a blowtorch in. Even better for when there's a rubber boot near by like a track rod end.

Also good where you're in a place you don't really wanna be swinging a gas axe around.
Like laying under your car while it's on jack-stands.

£150 is really good, very interested.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe I've been using mole grips in my 12 years of doing car stuff. These are mint!

Made changing the brakes on my FIL's car so easy today.
IMG_20210411_123153.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's currently in Nottingham so should be here soon!

Let us know how it goes, really quite interested.

I assume it'd work ok off an extension lead without blowing a fuse? Don't have exterior plug sockets or anything near my car.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Bringed this from aliexpress a few weeks ago in anticipation for some house work when we moved in (which evidently fell through) but can't wait to give it a go.

Massive savings compared to buying it in the UK. This was £130 delivered and even has Bluetooth to turn it on. I absolutely won't be using that feature. Nicely packaged though.

Huepar laser level

IMG_20210416_164031.jpg
IMG_20210416_163608.jpg

Obviously I looked at the milwaukee variebt but it was £600 ish for a nowhere near as decent product.

This can produce 16 lines

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Bringed this from aliexpress a few weeks ago in anticipation for some house work when we moved in (which evidently fell through) but can't wait to give it a go.

Massive savings compared to buying it in the UK. This was £130 delivered and even has Bluetooth to turn it on. I absolutely won't be using that feature. Nicely packaged though.

Huepar laser level

View attachment 1533182View attachment 1533183

Obviously I looked at the milwaukee variebt but it was £600 ish for a nowhere near as decent product.

Be out of it after 2 lines.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Huepar laser level

View attachment 1533182View attachment 1533183

In all seriousness, check the calibration at a range of distances with a manual level or similar. I’ve seen two separate instances of cheap lasers being out in recent years with funny results.

P.s that coil thing is f**king mint. I don’t even need one and I want it.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Really didn’t need any more sockets but ordered these to go in the car, really smart idea making the other end square so you can get a spanner on it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Well that puts my Bosch Quigo to shame but even that has been amazing for getting photo frames etc in line.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The spanners aren't new but if you need to do something in a tight area then they pay for themselves almost instantly! I've never been a massive hand tool snob and these Neilsen ones are Bob on, proper chunky too. I think they were like £20 for 10-19mm

20210417_150749.jpg

And this thing, spark plug repair kit. £40 and I can probably do about 20 repairs with the kit

Saved me buying a new head/engine. It looks exactly the same as the Sealey one which is more than triple that price!

20210417_124438.jpg

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Lads, I’m on the hunt for a metric combi spanner set, something half decent, any recommendations?

Looking at a Sealey set (6-22mm) and a Nielsen set (6-32mm) on eBay... £28.10 and £29.99 respectively.

What are peoples’ thoughts on Nielsen stuff, good or no?

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Only snag with the Halfords Advanced combi set is the range, only goes up to 19mm.

Ideally need a 21mm in there too.

Went for the Sealey Premier set in the end, 6mm through to 22mm, all for £28 delivered and a lifetime guarantee.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
New tool day using the global shipping program on eBay again. Properly impressed with the quality and came out at around £120 with all taxes and shipping etc.

Every other kit I've seen the quality looks pretty s**t. Especially the amazon ones.

This allows a wheel bearing to be changed whilst the hub is in situ.
IMG_20210703_162337.jpg
IMG_20210703_162425.jpg
IMG_20210703_162440.jpg