ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
The free motoring club which any customer can now sign up for has the same discount as the trade card now does it not? 10% across the board I believe whereas years ago the trade card offered some decent discounts for bulbs, oils and tools etc.

I had a look earlier, the free membership gives you a £10 voucher and £10 off an MOT, it’s £4.99 a month for a 5% discount.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Crowdfunded aid for the military, and you've sent them Team Green 😬

Tool-Donation-Russia.jpg

FUmsV-oWAAEFV4s?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Anyone got experience of nail guns? They’re fooking expensive. They do a cheapo in screwfix which I may give a bash

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone got experience of nail guns? They’re fooking expensive. They do a cheapo in screwfix which I may give a bash

Yes, don't buy the cheapest one you can as one day you'll be happily working away and wonder what that bang from the other side of the workshop was just as a nail comes whistling past your face at Mach 2.
Then you'll need new pants. False economy really.

I threw that c**t in the bin sharpish.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've had good experience with Clarke air tools. I've only ever had one go pop which was a stapler/tack gun and that was about £40 to replace and lasted years

If you've got brass then Paslode but Clarke are absolutely spot on

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've had good experience with Clarke air tools. I've only ever had one go pop which was a stapler/tack gun and that was about £40 to replace and lasted years

If you've got brass then Paslode but Clarke are absolutely spot on
I don’t have any access to air. I see most air tools are much cheaper

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Paslode for nail guns.

Hire one for a one off job, also depending on what your using it for you will need to pick 1st or 2nd fix gun.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Seeing as its new, id assume its the type 3 model. If thats the case then id go for it. The type 1 was crap, the type 2 was plagued with issues of jamming and misfiring. That being said, our type 2 is like 3 years old and hasnt missed a beat.
They are heavy though, and the kick back is pretty strong especially on bouncy timber just because of the way they work.
That being said, the guns bare are only 298 and a 4ah is 50 quid, plus you would then get the 3 year extended warranty. So its not actually that good a deal

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Seeing as its new, id assume its the type 3 model. If thats the case then id go for it. The type 1 was crap, the type 2 was plagued with issues of jamming and misfiring. That being said, our type 2 is like 3 years old and hasnt missed a beat.
They are heavy though, and the kick back is pretty strong especially on bouncy timber just because of the way they work.
That being said, the guns bare are only 298 and a 4ah is 50 quid, plus you would then get the 3 year extended warranty. So its not actually that good a deal
So go for it but don’t😂. Yeah seeing the price of new means Id rather have peace of mind

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

How do you tell which type it is?

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
I’m a big fan of the utility knife.

Worth the £9.99 to open the packaging for the impact driver bits.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172

Seems reasonable. Hate how expensive batteries are

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Big fan of us pro stuff. Nice and cheap just like me 😂

Got these as there's a few times where I thought an e torx spanner would be a lot nicer to use that on a ratchet.

Also needed some extended Allen keys other day working on the Beemer so this will help too

View attachment 1589178
I seen those spanners when you first posted them and thought, "cant think of a time I've needed them" then about 3 days later was stuck without a set!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Halfords have a new tool range coming in so are clearing off the old range of odd size sockets and spanners that you never use haha

Couldn't help myself, £14

IMG-20220716-WA0002.jpeg

In all stores and you get trade discount on top. There's also a 33mm on clearance but my local store was sold out lol

Never know when you will need a 29mm spanner......