ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new TV thread

Clio
This is a game changer, our 48" TV we have in the living room, I've started moving the sofa bang square 2 metres from the TV and watching movies that way. Experience is a million time better than where I used to sit.

Mrs does go mental me dragging the sofa around the floor every night but she can GTFO if she doesn't like it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This is a game changer, our 48" TV we have in the living room, I've started moving the sofa bang square 2 metres from the TV and watching movies that way. Experience is a million time better than where I used to sit.

Mrs does go mental me dragging the sofa around the floor every night but she can GTFO if she doesn't like it.
I like that website, tells me I do need to upgrade to 65 🤣

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Wanting to get a 65” tv, this seems a decent price but any comments on it?

Reviews look good.

Not wanting to spend loads, just got some backdated pay from the fire service so thought I’d treat myself.

It’s either this or a sage barista though 😔

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps, what do people recommend for a 48-50" TV for the bedroom?

Ideally I want the quality to be as good as the living room 65" LG OLED tv and I don't want anything that looks s**t

Not really sure on budget but are there any old stock of oled tvs for cheap?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Previously posted in the other thread: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/what-tv.834467/post-12544557

Hisense 50" TV for something daft like £279.

Its actually not bad at all. Like, really.

I expected it to be a bit s**t but its not bad whatsoever.

@seb - you mentioned that the backlight is a bit weird on yours. I noticed the same, it seems to auto dim/brighten the screen depending on what its displaying. Almost like a flicker? I changed the picture settings (Movie, Sport etc etc) to the 'Dynamic' mode and it seems to have fixed it.

Reactions: seb

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Previously posted in the other thread: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/what-tv.834467/post-12544557

Hisense 50" TV for something daft like £279.

Its actually not bad at all. Like, really.

I expected it to be a bit s**t but its not bad whatsoever.

@seb - you mentioned that the backlight is a bit weird on yours. I noticed the same, it seems to auto dim/brighten the screen depending on what its displaying. Almost like a flicker? I changed the picture settings (Movie, Sport etc etc) to the 'Dynamic' mode and it seems to have fixed it.
Any eco mode on? An early big TV used to do that and it was a sstupid idea!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Any eco mode on? An early big TV used to do that and it was a sstupid idea!
the 'dynamic' mode seems to have made it way better so I didnt investigate.

Ill have a look later on tonight to double check but come to think of it, I think I disabled some eco mode thing!

Thanks for the tip :)