ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new TV thread

997.1, Caddy, e208
We still have our LG OLED55E7N
It's still a great quality TV, and with the built in sound bar it isn't too pony on the audio side.
Just bought a Q990c though, p**n will sound amazing through that

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
We still have our LG OLED55E7N
It's still a great quality TV, and with the built in sound bar it isn't too pony on the audio side.
Just bought a Q990c though, p**n will sound amazing through that

Q990C!
Got some money you have

I got the Q800B last year and think that's plenty 🤣

997.1, Caddy, e208
The q990b was a bit of a trick.
50% cashback on the price of a soundbar if bought on the same day / same store as a TV.

So I bough one and the cheapest eligible tv from AO.
I downloaded the invoice

I then contacted AO to price match it, which they did, reducing the price.
I submitted the original invoice, which the cashback was generated on (£750), returned the TV.

The q990c's are a little easier. Samsung have a promo of 50% off if bought with a TV, from certain retailers, including themselves.
Samsung also incorrectly (I believe) have the promo on their EPP, where its already 50% off.

So it's £750, and 50% off if bought with a TV.

Screenshot_20231102_100602_Gmail~2.jpg

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
@Oggy997 king of the scams, house like Del Boy’s filled with stuff 😂

I bet that liver was paid for with hooky gift vouchers as well 😉

997.1, Caddy, e208
@Oggy997 king of the scams, house like Del Boy’s filled with stuff 😂

I bet that liver was paid for with hooky gift vouchers as well 😉
The q990c's are, what appears to be, a genuine offer - I just don't believe it is.
The q990b was regularly available for ~£650 last year, so who knows.

I exploited the cashback one though, for sure, but that was small fry compared to the cashback I've gotten over the years.

Screenshot_20231102_132834_Gmail~2.jpg

Screenshot_20231102_133707_Gmail.jpg

.... Repeat for every email address

Last edited:

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
The q990b was a bit of a trick.
50% cashback on the price of a soundbar if bought on the same day / same store as a TV.

So I bough one and the cheapest eligible tv from AO.
I downloaded the invoice

I then contacted AO to price match it, which they did, reducing the price.
I submitted the original invoice, which the cashback was generated on (£750), returned the TV.

The q990c's are a little easier. Samsung have a promo of 50% off if bought with a TV, from certain retailers, including themselves.
Samsung also incorrectly (I believe) have the promo on their EPP, where its already 50% off.

So it's £750, and 50% off if bought with a TV.

View attachment 1667366
What are the codes?

Looking to get a new TV and this could work out well :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've no idea on these cash back fiddles you refer too.
Sounds good though!

997.1, Caddy, e208
There are no codes, I never mentioned any codes.

From what I understand from reading our group chat, EPP have no more stock, but places like Spatial and Currys still have the promo (SAMSUNG50 I think is the code for Spatial)

@Flat Eric - They aren't fiddles, they are all genuine claims. Samsung just make it quite lucrative to claim cashback to offset the cost of a device & then you can often sell the device on for a profit, under RRP, because the average person doesn't keep an eye on these deals.

People couldnt find S23 Ultra's under RRP, yet they were readily available from Samsung EPP for a discount - you just need to do a small amount of leg work and understand the markets.

Look at Octopus Agile/Tracker - everyone was out there paying Ofgem capped rates, because they didn't monitor the market closely enough.
It may be boring to some, but I reckon I can do £10k a year by being close to what's going on.

997.1, Caddy, e208
@Strell
It's 50% off the q990c if bought with a TV at currys and reliant - both using code SAMSUNG50

You're looking at £750 from Curry's + cost of TV & £650 + cost of TV from Reliant.

I presume this works on all soundbars, but go big or go home, right?

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW

From what I understand from reading our group chat, EPP have no more stock, but places like Spatial and Currys still have the promo (SAMSUNG50 I think is the code for Spatial)

@Flat Eric - They aren't fiddles, they are all genuine claims. Samsung just make it quite lucrative to claim cashback to offset the cost of a device & then you can often sell the device on for a profit, under RRP, because the average person doesn't keep an eye on these deals.

People couldnt find S23 Ultra's under RRP, yet they were readily available from Samsung EPP for a discount - you just need to do a small amount of leg work and understand the markets.

Look at Octopus Agile/Tracker - everyone was out there paying Ofgem capped rates, because they didn't monitor the market closely enough.
It may be boring to some, but I reckon I can do £10k a year by being close to what's going on.
I guess the Samsung EPP is their employee purchase program though?

Or have I got that wrong?

As it’s not like everyone is a Samsung employee and can get that?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah lots of work places have rewards/perk things that are linked to various EPP schemes, but you're work still has to have bothered to have something setup.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Ah didn’t know perks at work was a specific thing 😂

Thought just referring to the general perks schemes that places run by the like of perk box, rewards gateway etc.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Interesting the Samsung Portal has crazy deals occasionally for trade ins etc

Lol you can buy a £100 TV from Currys and get 50% off a q990C.

I don't get the last bit about Octopus?

I just got an LgC3 and its great!!

Last edited:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Anyone buying anything off AO.com

I’ve got a 10% off code on a McDonald’s monopoly card (valid until 31.12.23)

133T
I need to downsize my tv so I’m looking to sell my LG CX 55” from late 2020. What kind of price should I be asking for do you think? TIA

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Currently looking into getting a replacement TV for our ageing 50" Samsung in the main room.

Ideally, we're looking to increase it slightly to 55" and aiming for a budget of around £1k.

Are there any suggestions from the wise tech-people here on CS of some good tellys out there?

It would be used solely for the purposes of being a TV - there are no games consoles being connected to it.

Thanks.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What model lg oled for 55"?

Sony processing shouldn't be underestimated when you are lowering your price.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
C3 OLED would be my choice as it has the upgraded EVO panel over the lower model LG’s.

Never bothered with Sony personally as I prefer LG’s UI.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As above, for £1k @ 55" then a C series LG OLED is the obvious choice.

3 years with mine, still impresses me every time I watch it.
I'm hoping the parents go for a new tv this year, just measered their tv and it's around 40" for the living room, is really old the one they have non smart tv aswell. My mate has a LG tv from years ago and was suprised by it. Had a look on the Curry's website , they prefer to go in a shop than online and get it, looked at the C3 their around £1400 at the minute, i presume £1k is when it's on offer? What's the model next down from the C3 just as another option?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'm hoping the parents go for a new tv this year, just measered their tv and it's around 40" for the living room, is really old the one they have non smart tv aswell. My mate has a LG tv from years ago and was suprised by it. Had a look on the Curry's website , they prefer to go in a shop than online and get it, looked at the C3 their around £1400 at the minute, i presume £1k is when it's on offer? What's the model next down from the C3 just as another option?
A3 is the base spec OLED. But it has a lower quality panel compared to the C3.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking for a friend not long ago and they do a CS now, which looked like a last years model at a low price point tbh and for your parents would be fine. From memory it was slightly worse upscaling and possibly not as bright. CS has the older stand too which is way prettier.

I'd say go for that, fairly sure it will be better than my CX and your mates from years ago! I think it is just a C1/C2 rebranded to look less like an old model.

Don't know if currys do a free extended warranty, might be worth going to john lewis or richer sounds instead for that, then you still get to buy it from a real shop too.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I was looking for a friend not long ago and they do a CS now, which looked like a last years model at a low price point tbh and for your parents would be fine. From memory it was slightly worse upscaling and possibly not as bright. CS has the older stand too which is way prettier.

I'd say go for that, fairly sure it will be better than my CX and your mates from years ago! I think it is just a C1/C2 rebranded to look less like an old model.

Don't know if currys do a free extended warranty, might be worth going to john lewis or richer sounds instead for that, then you still get to buy it from a real shop too.
cheers for that, will look into the other models, C3 is probs the way to go if it was me