ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
For anyone buying one from Currys or PC World, use ITAB5 at the checkout to get 5% off, plus you get the money off voucher as well ;)

Still not sure if I'm buying an Air, will see what prices are like at Heathrow and Los Angeles next week then decide...

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Been using mine most of the evening since I've been home. Absolutely love it, so glad I went for one.

It's so much easier to handle now in its reduced size & weight, and the speed is superb!

For anyone buying one from Currys or PC World, use ITAB5 at the checkout to get 5% off, plus you get the money off voucher as well ;)

Still not sure if I'm buying an Air, will see what prices are like at Heathrow and Los Angeles next week then decide...

no discount at heathrow mate !

work at heathrow and none of the shops give discount on apple products
tax free on clothes perfume and other electrical items but in dixons and world duty free they sell for exactly same price as the high street

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
tax free on clothes perfume and other electrical items but in dixons and world duty free they sell for exactly same price as the high street

so dk is telling lies then? :S

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I have just noticed while laying in bed using my iPad is the noise from the thinner glass. On my 2 there was zero noise whatsoever, on this you can clearly hear yourself type.

Not an issue for me. More of an observation. The weight saving is more than worth it!

Ph2 172
Picked up my 16gb Space grey from currys earlier. Very impressed so far, although first iPad so nothing to compare with.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well maybe you should look a little more carefully next time, I wouldn't normally do this, but payslip proof.........

£559 from apple

ah it's upside down, never mind, turn your monitor around ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 124

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Well maybe you should look a little more carefully next time, I wouldn't normally do this, but payslip proof.........

£559 from apple

He works at Heathrow remember... pwned ;)

Although you can get one from Currys or PC World right now using the ITAB5 voucher code and it would be £531.05, plus you'd get a £50 voucher

DB.

BMW 440i

A perfect example of someone who needs to adjust the tone of their statement due to getting proven wrong afterwards and looking like a plunker.

£559 from apple

calm down,hardly much of a discount !!
ill take it back.

but you dont get the tax free 20% off like all the other shops you do !

330Ci cab
Just linked and set mine up, such a difference from my 2. Lighter, faster, such a nice piece of kit

Only let let down is that I can't use my carbon11 case with it :(

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
For now I've managed to talk myself out of the need for an Air. The urge to buy though is always there.

dk

911 GTS Cab
calm down,hardly much of a discount !!
ill take it back.

but you dont get the tax free 20% off like all the other shops you do !
Dixons hasn't been tax free for years, everything is just discounted, but that's everything......

TBH if one can afford to spend £500+ on an iPad, then a few quid here or there probably isn't going to break the bank anyway.

An orange one
So just to clarify, as my iPad 2 hasn't been backed up for around 2 years and is still on ios5 lol

if I buy a new iPad, can I plug it into my laptop and restore from my iphone backup?

So just to clarify, as my iPad 2 hasn't been backed up for around 2 years and is still on ios5 lol

if I buy a new iPad, can I plug it into my laptop and restore from my iphone backup?

No.

Backup iPad. Update iPad. Backup iPad. Buy new iPad. Restore iPad. Throw away old iPad.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I am tempted tbh as my ipad3 prob gets the most use out of all my apple products.

AK

M240i
I'm being semi-poor.

iPad Mini 64GB (I think) 4G+Wifi.

Although I need to feel the Air, if it's light enough I'll go for that one instead.

This guy is annoying, and doesn't really even appear to know what he's talking about. And lol at the Nexus 10. Here's five reasons not to buy one of those: it looks f**king s**t.

[video=youtube_share;6HLfZ1FMwuA]http://youtu.be/6HLfZ1FMwuA[/video]

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Yeah I lolled. It's the best tablet ever, but don't buy one. Prick.

My Missus has the same ridiculous belief about me buying a car.

She thinks that if I were to go and buy a car with a budget of £10k for example, I shouldn't get anything good (e.g. BMW, Audi etc) as I'll look stupid for living with my parents with a good car on the drive haha! She genuinely would rather I spent the same amount of money on something not as good.

Fiesta ST
Picked up my 32gb space grey yesterday, already can say it is a massive upgrade over the iPad 2 I was using before, it's so fast and coming to a retina screen makes a big difference, very much worth the upgrade

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I don't understand how Munson gets his on Monday, but I don't get mine till Tuesday (not that I'm bothered as I'm out all day Monday anyway) but we ordered pretty much exactly the same time. Also, why if I order a case at the same time does it take 2 days longer to come? Surely the genuine cases for the product should be available to dispatch with the product?

The initial estimate was Tuesday delivery, but when I got the dispatch email, it had changed to Monday.

EDIT: regarding the case, it's probably coming from a different location and will merge before delivery. Happens a lot IMO.