ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The story of my ZR **Warning - Rover Content** PIC HEAVY

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
A lad who works at my mums just wrote off his the other night! Fell asleep at the wheel and went down an 8ft ditch, flipped out, skidded on its roof across the road and wound up in a field the other side. He only got a few scratches too!

Did they do a 2.0l version of the ZR? She swears it is a 2.0 and i though they were always 1.4!

Nice car btw, wheels look mint!

They did a 2.0 Turbo Diesel, and there's quite a few now with the 2.0 T16 Turbo engine transplanted in from the Rover 220 Turbo, 420 Turbo, 620 Turbo or 800 Vitesse Turbo.

Ta dude.

Passed it's MOT this afternoon. Lost one of my poly exhaust mounts down the road somewhere, so rubbers will be going back on the mid section. Emissions were touch and go, failed the idle test, passed the fast idle, then must have warmed up a little extra after that as it then passed the idle test lol. Slight (ever so slight) front brake imbalance, maybe one of the calipers is sticking a little, and the rear brakes are poor as ever, which didn't surprise me. I was told they aren't great last MOT too!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
It always make me laugh when people slate MG etc... Renault/Peugeot are no better & all cars have there problems... Support British thats what I say lol.. I suppose you expect comments like that from another car forum?, but hey you can't please everyone!.

Glad to here yours has past its MOT, mine went in last Monday and pasted as well. However, mine needs some new front pads soon & will get that done in the new year.

Oil Burner
I really like the looks of these, its a real shame so many chavs seem to get their hands on them.

Looks like a nice clean example Gaz.

What are you replacing it with?

I really like the looks of these, its a real shame so many chavs seem to get their hands on them.

Looks like a nice clean example Gaz.

What are you replacing it with?

Looks better in pictures than in real life Nick. It was a family car before I had it, so there's plenty of those annoying small car park dents & scratches.

All going to plan, either an S14, Celica GT4 or Evo 5. But to buy one of those I need to be on the main turbine outage at work in 2010, and we've been told money is tight (despite c***s high up still earning ridiculous money :rolleyes:), so that might not happen now. I really hope it does happen, I want boost and I don't want FWD anymore.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
its a real shame so many chavs seem to get their hands on them.

Agreed!. Its because there cheap now & look sporty with the spolier etc... as standard which makes it a hayven for chavs and young drivers. Something which I have noticed more with the drop in prices for the 172.

I have had mine for coming up to a year now and don't rag it around as there's no point in a 1.4 lol imho. Its just a car that gets me from A to B and is pretty good on MPG because of it... I prevously had a MG TF160 which I had for 2 years with no problems what so ever & have had no problems with my ZR so far (touch wood!). I prefer the mk2 looks to the mk1, which is why I went for the mk2, but the engines are the same and you can do a bodywork conversion now anyway.

Un chaved corsa c
Nice car you got there :approve: , Just want to know if the ZR160 brake disk are a simple swap over from the normal 1.4 disks ?

Front's are a piece of piss. You need the Calipers from a 160 or a ZS180, same goes for discs and pads. Or you could use 620ti Calipers, but they need modifying to accept the 160/180 discs.

Un chaved corsa c
Cheers am thinking of doin this to mine sometime soon, thiis is my car btw;
6ifbm0.jpg

Get yourself on theMGZR.co.uk and speak to Andy or Adrian from AAautosport. They are who I got my custom GAZ's off, best value for what they cost. The next step up from these IMO are the LEDA coilovers, and they cost well over £1K.

I HAVE A GRILL!!!!
Only took 18 months lol. Better pics will come when I decide to wash the car.
12122009005.jpg

Also put 4 new tyres on it, trying some Uniroyal Rainsport 2s in 205/45 instead of the mismatched Vredesteins/Michelin Primacys in 205/50 I had before. A bit more arch clearance now, plus it's sat a bit lower too due to the difference in diameter. Speedo is calculated to read 60mph and be doing 62mph, I can live with that. Just go a bit slower through speed cameras and all is safe.

Have some time off at Christmas, so I'm going to prep my sideskirts and get them sprayed up by a family friend. Also need to sort out the lightweight battery & CAF, just waiting on some fittings to be able to do that.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a lot better with the grill :) , surprised something didn't fly in and kill the radiator in that 18 months.

Storm Grey 200
Looks a lot better with the grill :) , surprised something didn't fly in and kill the radiator in that 18 months.

The mesh on the grill is held on with sticky tape anyway, either way if something hits it your radiators a goner... ;)

Small update including some obligatory snow shots from the past fortnight...
06012010037.jpg

09012010038.jpg

Now for the update...
16012010043.jpg

16012010044.jpg

Powdercoated blue rocker cover, which looks purple at certain angles/lights. I've never really bothered for stuff like this, but it's nice to get a bit of colour in there for a change. It's a start of the preperations for Fast Show at the end of March.

Things to do for Fast Show include;
Prep,Spray & Fit Skirts
Sort out CAF/Lightweight Battery
Spray plastic HT lead cover to match with closest colour match I can find
Possibly add some more colour to the engine bay
Fit O.Z. F1s (Only centre caps holding me back on this)

Z4
rocker cover looks a bit pants!

get your sideskirts on, and get rid of those hairpins for some straights or zs180 alloys