ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Trophy replacement

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Yeah I'm happy with the figures just the clutch that is the limiting factor if I ever feel the need to up the power. Inferno is a bit of a marmite colour tbh and looks gash when it's dirty but lovely when it's cleaned up. Next meet I'll take you for a run.

Clutch and turbo are mine now lol though I won't be changing the turbo

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Yeah no point I suppose. The RS is slowly growing on me, can't stop looking at Clio V6's just now lol

I think they are epic, love the in your face look of them lol!

I'd love a V6 but i'd need another car as i would be too scared to leave it anywhere, thats the joy of the ST against I suppose either the RS or V6 its not so in your face.

225 Cup & Williams
I think they are epic, love the in your face look of them lol!

I'd love a V6 but i'd need another car as i would be too scared to leave it anywhere, thats the joy of the ST against I suppose either the RS or V6 its not so in your face.

The thing I really like about the the ST is the subtleness of them certainley compared to the RS. I don't think I would be able to leave a V6 anywhere I'd be mega paranoid lol.

225 Cup & Williams
I should really start a project thread for this but a little update anyway. The standard flywheel/clutch have decided they've had enough and are slipping like mad on full boost so I bit the bullet and it was a f**king expensive one and took delivery on a Helix SMF and clutch on Tuesday so I'm really looking forward to getting it all fitted and having a driveable car again.

225 Cup & Williams
Nah going down to Mark black not far from leeds and getting him to fit it as his price to fit it was pretty much unbeatable and I might go via rs tuning and get my 630cc injectors fitted and mapped too but I'm undecided on that. Supposedly Helix fixed the fault that caused the fault code to appear but I'll wait and see if it's true or not.

225 Cup & Williams
Update.

Not a huge amount has been happening with the car tbh I've kind of went through a stage of losing interest in the car until I got the Helix smf & clutch and new hub bearings fitted a couple of weeks ago by Mark Black. I have to admit I've fell back in love with the car now it drives like new now and pulls like a train with the Helix fitted but the only downside is the clutch pedal is pretty f**king heavy but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Plan is to leave the car as it is as I'm quite happy with the power it's running and the way it drives it feels like the correct balance especially on a good B roads where it's a serious weapon and a complete different animal from my previous 172 & Trophy. I'm just going to keep it clean and serviced and sink some cash into getting my Williams on the road this year.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks good mate, please get a thread up with progress on the Williams!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You still enjoying it Stevo? I've still not seen it yet! :(

225 Cup & Williams
Gave it a quick coat of Auto Finesse triple today came up really well but it desperately needs a detail.
8e6egany.jpg

uze6uben.jpg

du9e5yju.jpg

jy9u5yne.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Give it to me ffs! I'll yours and you Bro's. discount.... ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and it looks immense! Doesn't need "detailed". ;)

225 Cup & Williams
Cheers buddy. Got them for a very good price but they were still fairly expensive yeah I just couldn't help myself.