ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

CBR1000RR Fireblade
When its not broken and in bits I am averaging 57 MPG, I nearly hit the "800 mile out of a tank" before it blew up.

Stupid van

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
21mpg seems to be about the average - 182 Trophy with a few mod's. The short-ish commute to/from work probably doesn't help, especially being a daily driver.

Clio 182
2m5ghfr.jpg

Usually get 33-35 (calculated) on my short commute but was stuck in the 50 limit on a motorway journey and got over 41 :eek:

BG Clio 182
Currently getting less than 30 going back to the garage there must be a fault somewhere. Even on a motorway today at 70mph i wasn't even touching 30. Trip computer had my average speed at 15mph??!!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I can get a steady 42mpg at a constant 64mph which is good on on a long motorway drive but bloody boring

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Wow a near 5 year thread resurection.

I get 29-31 from a 182 with Ktec panel filter, RS192 and a lead filled right foot!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Currently getting less than 30 going back to the garage there must be a fault somewhere. Even on a motorway today at 70mph i wasn't even touching 30. Trip computer had my average speed at 15mph??!!

You have to re set on some of the trip computer, it doesnt always re-set everything else.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
28.3, calculated. Calculated to see how accurate the trip comp is (bang on as it happens) and not because it interests me.

Not a Clio either.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Mine shows 27.6mpg usually. Got 30.4mpg from Manchester to Preston other day doing slightly over 70ish on Cruise control.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
28-29 Usually. Highest I got was from Nottingham to Dover when I was going to the ring which was 41mpg.

Audi A3
my average is around 36 and thats mostly town driving, the odd 15 mile motorway run, and thats the last thousand average too

My average atm is 40mpg, purely because i'm a massive MPG ***** and need a full tank to last week a full 7 days LOL. Doing a silly amount of mileage atm.
Generally it is a little bit lower.

I get an average of about 39.5MPG, my journey times probably average out at about 20 mins? And this isn't even going slow, economical when possible / in traffic, 5th gear in 40 zones etc, but I still give it the boot when there's an open road or some overtaking opportunities to be had.

The best I got was 46.8MPG on a 50 minute trip (during the trip it did exceed 47 at one point).

Evo 8 MR
I got 39.8mpg on a 140 mile journey on Thursday night with the back of the car brimmed to the roof full of stuff which I thought was quite good.

clio 172 cup 2003
i got 44 mpg going to le mans from seaford.that was fully loaded 3 passengers and suit cases. get about 34mpg around the town not bad for a 2litre petrol.

Mk5 golf gti
38 mpg v power helps alot with that though as its 34 on standard fuel

32 mpg in the golf also