ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah should look good on that. It's definately not the HDMI lead as that would just show no picture if it was dodgy. What's SKY HD like? (If you have it) or Blu Ray?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
@banther you mean the one you recommended for me to use with an xbox? 😧
No.

I have the smaller one (the 5 series), your one, upstairs and it looks great but the main TV (6 series) it looks awful - night and day difference. In theory the 6 series should be better than the 5. You having problems with the 5 series? I've got nothing but compliments for it.

@AdDaMan Its amazing for Blu ray / films etc just games the blacks are crushed (for example cant even see the tyres inside the wheel arches on FH2 and these jagged lines. I'll have a dig through avforums - see if I can sort it.

Suzuki Jimny
Oh right I get confused with all the samsung tv's.
The picture with the 360 isn't the best but i'm putting it down to either it being a bloody old xbox or the £3 hdmi lead I got as a temp measure until I get the xbox one :)

Watchdogs was good but was made out like it would be amazing. Probably one of the most over rated games ever imo.
Exactly this.

Way overhyped, and sadly missed a lot of the seemingly good features that we saw in E3.

And as above, itll be your TV settings! Youll probably find there's a mode for gaming, or you can create your own and turn on/off certain features.

A 3 quid HDMI lead and a 80 quid HDMI will produce the same picture (assuming they're both same spec eg. 1.4). The signal is DIGITAL, and therefore it's impossible to have a quality loss from it!

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I did that guide but I think I need to turn brightness back down as on forza with the sun glare I can hardly see the edge of the track sometimes.

I'll probably just do the set up again, when I first put a game in the console requested to set up by itself.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Even on a standard Xbox? So just go into settings through the Xbox etc? Had a mooch ages ago, contrast and all that stuff, then as most i just left it the way it is.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Had a crack for about an hour on FC4 last night.
Evil guy is EVIL. Awesome. Called Ching Ming or something. Not quite as psycho as chappie from FC3 but seems a much more calculated beast.

Gameplay is, so far, CTRL C, CTRL V of farcry3 but I loved that so no problem for me whatsoever!! First mission sees you trying to get to a tower with 0 weapons. Just using animal bait and stealth. A lot harder in this game I might add as there are less bushes to simply waltz around in. You have to plan your routes quite well otherwise you will get spotted and then all hell descends upon you!

Kryat is a lot cooler environment to be in. FC3 was a bit 'green'. This map seems to have loads of different areas even from the short time I've played. Snow, rocky bare bits, light forest, deep forest so far!

Really enjoying it, glad I got it.

@Adamm. I think you were interested in it. I'm going to have a proper session this afternoon so will report back!! Always worth downloading the Twitch app on XB1 and watching a few people play the game for 5 mins. Gives you quite a good insight.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I played about 3 hours on this last night.
Same opinion really. Very very similar to FC3 but that's no bad thing. Graphics are awesome and I'm loving it so far.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
If we're honest its the same!! Haha.

But new story + new location is enough reason to buy it. Looking forward to the psychedelic drug induced levels. Apparently the Kinect won't let you start the mission until its confirmed that you've ingested some magic mushrooms. Great attention to detail.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
There's a story in FC games? I just like killing animals and making things out of them
I like them just because of the different ways you can tackle an objective.

I'm a bit boring though. My weapon of choice in FC3 was the silenced Sniper Rifle. Get as high up as you can and just thin the numbers in bases. Can be quite difficult getting the order right without triggering alarms.

Had a funny moment last night - you can throw bait near to enemies that causes a bear/leopard/wolf/honey badger to run riot. I did it to get rid of three enemies. Apparently the bear had a bit of an appetite as the fucker turned straight for me when I had no ammo, only 1 grenade and a machete! Lost sight of him for ages then all of a sudden mauled, dead. I just love the randomness of everything.

Oh and I also will be riding an elephant for all the time possible. Banther, king of the jungle.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I like them just because of the different ways you can tackle an objective.

I'm a bit boring though. My weapon of choice in FC3 was the silenced Sniper Rifle. Get as high up as you can and just thin the numbers in bases. Can be quite difficult getting the order right without triggering alarms.

Had a funny moment last night - you can throw bait near to enemies that causes a bear/leopard/wolf/honey badger to run riot. I did it to get rid of three enemies. Apparently the bear had a bit of an appetite as the fucker turned straight for me when I had no ammo, only 1 grenade and a machete! Lost sight of him for ages then all of a sudden mauled, dead. I just love the randomness of everything.

Oh and I also will be riding an elephant for all the time possible. Banther, king of the jungle.

I loved sneaking up on the bases, sometimes I'd go stealth mode other times I'd sit at a high point with a grenade launcher and blitz the place. Cant wait!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I loved sneaking up on the bases, sometimes I'd go stealth mode other times I'd sit at a high point with a grenade launcher and blitz the place. Cant wait!
There is quite a bit of satisfaction in a good old fashioned kidney shanking though.

Pro tip: Don't 'enhance' yourself with this. I was proper bricking it about all these animals sneaking around in those bushes. Not pleasant.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
There is quite a bit of satisfaction in a good old fashioned kidney shanking though.

Pro tip: Don't 'enhance' yourself with this. I was proper bricking it about all these animals sneaking around in those bushes. Not pleasant.

I'm always 'enhanced' when playing xbox lol! ;).