ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Monaro VXR
Wasn't even considering Shadow of Mordor until I watched that. Now going to be getting bought once I am bored of Horizon 2 / Destiny.

1.8 Civic EX
Hasn't been points in a fair while, tis real money now

He's talking reward points not Microsoft points. Its totally different. They have been around for ages, I've got a fair few but god knows how you cash them in/use them.

http://rewards.xbox.com

I finally got my dynamic ambient lighting set up yesterday. A strip of LEDs and a raspberry pi with a video grabber. It picks up the colours displayed on the edge of the screen and th n changes the LEDs to match.

IMG_20140924_180826.jpg

IMG_20140924_181121.jpg

A quick video of it working to give you a better idea.

[video=youtube_share;qr5euI09M60]http://youtu.be/qr5euI09M60[/video]

Need to tweak the settings a bit to improve it but it's good enough for now. It works for anything the Xbox outputs so games, Netflix, YouTube the lot.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Had no idea about reward points

FAQ says: 5,000 Rewards Credits are equal to £3.35. so 50,000 is £33.50

No idea if that's enough to buy Forza 5 on the store

SQ5
He's talking reward points not Microsoft points. Its totally different. They have been around for ages, I've got a fair few but god knows how you cash them in/use them.

http://rewards.xbox.com

I finally got my dynamic ambient lighting set up yesterday. A strip of LEDs and a raspberry pi with a video grabber. It picks up the colours displayed on the edge of the screen and th n changes the LEDs to match.

Need to tweak the settings a bit to improve it but it's good enough for now. It works for anything the Xbox outputs so games, Netflix, YouTube the lot.

Can you send me some details about this please :)

Had no idea about reward points

FAQ says: 5,000 Rewards Credits are equal to £3.35. so 50,000 is £33.50

No idea if that's enough to buy Forza 5 on the store

I found that conversion, them some slightly different ones, I think it works by dollars and conversion as 1000 points = $1 but I couldn't find anything conclusive.

Forza 5 is £39.99 on the Xbox store, so hopefully I can out a little towards and get it!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Can you send me some details about this please :)

I found that conversion, them some slightly different ones, I think it works by dollars and conversion as 1000 points = $1 but I couldn't find anything conclusive.

Forza 5 is £39.99 on the Xbox store, so hopefully I can out a little towards and get it!
Converts to your local currency

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to purchase my next gen console by the end of the year. I still don't know which to go for.

CS seems pretty unanimous with the XB1 though? This thread has over double the activity that the PS4 thread has.

I'd say go with the one that has more favourable exclusives/more friends on.

If you have no friends, that decision is made easier by asking if you like racing games? And if so, prefer Forza or Gran Turismo :p

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
oh right. Might actually be interesting then! Cant deal with that 'smack them in the face 28 times with a sword because they're level 80' bulls**t.

That's because "turn-based" games like Final Fantasy are utter sh*t.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say go with the one that has more favourable exclusives/more friends on.

If you have no friends, that decision is made easier by asking if you like racing games? And if so, prefer Forza or Gran Turismo :p

This was another thing that didn't help, there's an equal amount of each console between my mates so I get it from both sides. 'XB1 is better because of this', 'PS4 is better because of that'. I'm even more confused than when I started looking.

I do love Forza, but some of the upcoming PS4 exclusives look good too!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

that's some nice work, but is it not really distracting?!

1.8 Civic EX
Thanks both. Its kinda distracting but I think it's just as its something new so I keep playing games for about 30secs just to see what it looks like then turning them off. Spent about an hour last night just watching random music videos on YouTube lol

Here's another vid showing a couple of effects and it working with some obscure foreign music video.

I still need to tweak it as when its a dark scene they still light up with a very dull red rather than going off. Also I want them to react to the color closer to the edge of the screen so they are more accurate. Currently it looks to far into the middle if that makes sense.

[video=youtube_share;4sL-eRGS1Ko]http://youtu.be/4sL-eRGS1Ko[/video]

I got all the kit from www.lightberry.eu . If you google lightberry and either boblight or Hyperion you'll find all the info you need. Feel free to ask any questions though.

The effects you see above are control via an app on my phone. It also has a color wheel so can change it to a static colour of choice or simply turn them off altogether.

Last edited:
  SQ5
Just read terms and conditions of my 50,000 points. Don't get it until mid November, so had to buy Forza at full whack anyway! Will spend the points on car packs for both!

SQ5
I think most games are that aren't they? FM5 is 40gb.

Is there anyway of linking phone to see if XBO is downloading/active etc..

Cupra
So, Plex is now available for the Xbone. Pity you need a Plex pass subscription to be able to use it. :(
I hope it's just a temporary thing and they make it available for all.

Cupra
I don't really need it TBH. It would just be nice to have.
I have a Plex client on the TV, although it is s**t slow, and normally just use Plex mirrored through Apple TV instead. It would have been nice to have everything in one device though, then the Apple TV could go upstairs. Apparently it will cost €4-5 to buy as a one off purchase in a few weeks.

Arctic Blue 182
Yeah mines filling up. Microshaft really are pricks for not allowing hard drive swaps without voiding warranty!

Arctic Blue 182
Me'h your right I suppose. Just personally would have preferred to keep it tidy and all in the box. As most are aware Sony allow HDD swaps on their console. Just feel its a bit narrow minded on MS part.

Buy Xbox One 500GB Console with Fifa 15 Game, plus an Xbox One Wireless Controller and Play & Charge Kit together for £349.99

is that a good deal?

EDIT: never mind deal ends 13th october and they're out of stock now.

Last edited:
  Ciio 200
I take it that Argos? I picked up mine yesterday, but I've got to wait until Tuesday for the controller to be in stock.

Keep checking every morning. I found several stores out of stock, but checked on Friday morning at 8am, and found out both my local Argos, and also the one near my workplace both had all 3 times available to reserve.

They may also extend the offer. It was previously only until 7th, then 13th, so they may extend it again.