ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think I've Found A Goodun... Thoughts?

Okie doke, think i've found myself a nice clean Ph1 172.

W plate, FSH, very clean appart from few minor stonechips on the bonnet. Wheels in excellent nick, 46,000 on the clock. And what seems like a good price at £4,995 from an independent dealer.

Not sure if cam belt's been done - dealer is checking with servicing companies to check up on that.

Any ideas what kinda price people are paying for that if it hasn't been done?

Also... a W plate is gonna be 2000... Is there any way of telling whether it has an aluminium bonnet?

Thx

Forgot to say... it's unmodified too.

not a bad price if the belts hav been done, i'm selling mine soon, x reg, same model, 36k on the clock and just had service and both belts done i'm looking for around £5200, look private u cud find a better deal.to check if it an aluminium bonnet hold a magnet next 2 it, if it dont stick then it is

This is what the Auto Trader web site value a Y reg 2001 (don't do x reg for some reason)

Dealer
1px_transparent.gif
£7,320
1px_transparent.gif
1px_666666.gif
1px_transparent.gif
Private
1px_transparent.gif
£5,720
1px_transparent.gif
1px_666666.gif
1px_transparent.gif
Part Ex
1px_transparent.gif
£5,220
1px_transparent.gif
1px_666666.gif
1px_transparent.gif
Trade
1px_transparent.gif
£4,920
1px_transparent.gif
1px_666666.gif
1px_transparent.gif

1px_transparent.gif
Renault Clio (9:cool: Hatchback 2.0 16v Renaultsport 172 3dr
Hatchback 3dr
2001-Y
Mileage 45,000
white_spacer.gif

Citroen DS3 DSport
Glass's Guide Valuation for you

Valuation details
Make Renault
Model Clio
Variant
spacer.gif
3 door Hatchback Manual
Engine 2.0 Petrol
Trim Renaultsport 172

Excellent Condition £4030
Average Condition £3570
Below Average Condition £3100

Retail £5040
Cost new £15815
Year/Plate 2000 W
Mileage 46,000

paul_h172 said:
not a bad price if the belts hav been done, i'm selling mine soon, x reg, same model, 36k on the clock and just had service and both belts done i'm looking for around £5200, look private u cud find a better deal.to check if it an aluminium bonnet hold a magnet next 2 it, if it dont stick then it is

When? Where are you based? What's the condition/spec on the car?

:)

Sorry for bombarding you... am looking for the best one I can find and am prepared to wait pretty much as long as it takes to find a goodun.

Been looking private too and almost all seem to be modified or people are asking as much as independent dealers.

sneeks said:
Glass's Guide Valuation for you
Excellent condition £4030

What?!

Every one I've found at that kinda prcice is POOR condition with mileage 72,000+

No wonder insurance companies use Glass's prices to (under)pay on claims!

Megane 225 Cup
you could probably get more for your money private, although that seems like a reasonable price, depends on the cndition of the car really.

Citroen DS3 DSport
When I was looking for my 172 the Glass's guide was the main reference the dealers were using to offer me my trade-in price. I naturally asked for more than they originally offered.

Citroen DS3 DSport
As a comparison I thought I'd check Parker's valuation

Franchised Dealer £ 6115
Independent Dealer £ 5730
Private Good £ 4915
Private Poor £ 3635
Part Exchange £ 4230

W reg 2000 50k Miles

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
parkers??! you may as well read the fcuking beano...

4999 is a good price, although i'd try and go for 4750 with a years warranty...

sneeks said:
As a comparison I thought I'd check Parker's valuation

Franchised Dealer £ 6115
Independent Dealer £ 5730
Private Good £ 4915
Private Poor £ 3635
Part Exchange £ 4230

W reg 2000 50k Miles

Yeah, I checked Parkers too... then compared it to the real world... autotrader, pistonheads, cars for sale on here... etc.

The problem I am having is now that the Ph1 is so cheap it's hard to find one that's unmolested with reasonable mileage. And then trying to guage whether it's had track use or been abused on the road.

It's not that I have anything against young drivers, or modifying (u should see my other car...lol), but I do think in general a younger driver is going to be less respectful and more impatient. Floggin the arse off the poor thing from cold, would rather spend money 'accessories' rather than a more frequent oil change, etc.

Hope I dont offend anyone saying that... I dont mean too. The fact ur on here probably means ur an 'enthusiast' so take more care of ur car than joe bloggs anyways :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i'm going to be selling my mrs ph1 172 in a couple of weeks.
2001 X reg
36000 miles
2 previous owners
Fairly modded (tastefully!!) Turinis, suspension, ph2 bits etc
i wash and polish it more than my nob!

PM me if you're interested.

superfastdan said:
i'm going to be selling my mrs ph1 172 in a couple of weeks.
2001 X reg
36000 miles
2 previous owners
Fairly modded (tastefully!!) Turinis, suspension, ph2 bits etc
i wash and polish it more than my nob!

PM me if you're interested.

Consider urself PM'd :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
superfastdan said:
parkers??! you may as well read the fcuking beano...

4999 is a good price, although i'd try and go for 4750 with a years warranty...
I'd never trust Parker's as a reliable source but it was a comparison between valuations. Parker's is closer to the Autotrader values than Glass's guide.