ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think my exhaust might be fooked?!

tiTTy & SV650
Was topping up my oil today as I noticed it was a bit lower than last week (I went a long drive on Saturday)

Anyway I was wondering round the car checking stuff out, sounds fine running. Looked at the exhaust covered each tailpipe one at a time looking for leaks. I notcied the offside tailpipe backbox is pretty rusty and the left hand one aint. Gave it a good shake to check the mounts etc too, solid.

Anyway.... Check my tyre pressures, pump the tyres up a bit and then when i started the engine the exhaust gas light stayed on, drove round the block, still on... stopped car started again, still on?

I reckon it'll prob go off after a cold start?

What people think, I induced the light to come in by confusing it by covering the zorsts?

Going on holiday at 6.30am and its a 30 mile A road blast to the airport...

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The light should go off after 3 'clean' starts IIRC. Go for three 5 minute spins, 5 minutes apart tonight. If that doesn't do the trick, you may have issues.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
rory182 said:
oh i have issues but im more worried bout the car lol cheers will go try it now.
We all have issues mate, we post on an online Clio forum LOL.

tiTTy & SV650
len_beach said:
We all have issues mate, we post on an online Clio forum LOL.

yeah damn right the worst part being the word highlighted...

i dont moan though cause I knew what I was buying i.e. French.

tiTTy & SV650
pussy, even better u mean cause I get to beast down the A77...

Cars are for driving after all.

2nd cold start didn't reset it. leaving it for a bit to cool.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
rory182 said:
yeah damn right the worst part being the word highlighted...

i dont moan though cause I knew what I was buying i.e. French.
They have character don't they. And they're quicker than Fabia VRS' LOL.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
3 cold starts with no fail. Overnight jobbies.

rory182 said:
pussy, even better u mean cause I get to beast down the A77...

Cars are for driving after all.

2nd cold start didn't reset it. leaving it for a bit to cool.

Trophy 88/500
iv had to get my cat replaced as it cracked somehow, i was told this was a common fault with the sport! theres been 2 othe sport owners in my area that have had the same problem, mite be this?

tiTTy & SV650
cli0 172 said:
custom s/s is the way forward Rory .....

indeed, possible blueflame group buy organised by me coming up... but i cant afford a new one this month so would like a freebie to keep me on the road.

tiTTy & SV650
RN0 5EAN said:
iv had to get my cat replaced as it cracked somehow, i was told this was a common fault with the sport! theres been 2 othe sport owners in my area that have had the same problem, mite be this?

might be, which dealer you use? I'm arnold clark bishopbriggs or bearsden.

thatd be more likely reason for the light being on. But the tailpipes are fooked anyway.

VW ....
rory182 said:
indeed, possible blueflame group buy organised by me coming up... but i cant afford a new one this month so would like a freebie to keep me on the road.

Will this be ur first mod big lad ?? :eek:

tiTTy & SV650
not at all I have a richbrook tax disc holder and justmatz mats lol

car costs enough, never prioritised 'mods' but next time a shock goes it'll be new suspension too.