ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of Selling my 172 Cup

E39 M5
Just wondering if £6200 is about right ? I have a KTR Stealth Fitted, ITG Pannel Filter and EBC Green stuff's all round. Still have the original parts as well. Its done 30k miles and is an 02/52 plate 1 owner (Me) and full service history. The only issues are the Bumper has been burnt where the exhaust was fitted to close and Two of the wheels could do with a re-Furb as the Laquer has bubbled.

I need the cash as Part ex for a TVR Chimeara Was offered £6200 by the garage but then only £5k as they realised it was a Cup (no Air con) !!

Thanks

cock mobile.
£6200 is an average px price, but it's certainly worth more; 5k is a joke!

Most garages don't understand the Cup / FF thing so will not give you the full value.

SLK 350
I was told by Renault last week when i enquird about pxing my 172FF for a Meg 225, that they would only px a FF version, and that Cup's dont sell because nobody wants them. To be honest if i wasn't 'into' Clio RS then i wouldn't want a cup either. For the average person, a car with no ABS/TC/ESP/AC/CC coupled with crappy interior and horrible seats - well i wouldn't touch it either.

If theres a FF and a Cup on sale for £7500 on their forecourt, and someone asks why they're the same price the only answer you can give is "its 0.2 seconds faster to 62mph, and its a slightly better ride" which for most people, means sweet fa.

Sell your car privately mate, you'll get a better buyer.

172 cup TT
if i sold my cup id sell it for bugger all.. but im not.. had a new engine last year and only a little bit left on loan so gonna keep it till she dies with no car loan for a few years.. woop

SLK 350
Like i said, if he wants a QUICK sale then £6,000 is a good start. Depends how quickly he needs to get it shifted i guess. If he can wait longer then anything from £6,000 to £6,500 is what i'd expect - its a 3/4 year old car.

As for the px value, take your car to a garage. Tell them it has no ABS/AC/TC/ESP and see what you get offered, they are harder to shift within trade - fact.

Cup 172
ozzyo99 said:
Like i said, if he wants a QUICK sale then £6,000 is a good start. Depends how quickly he needs to get it shifted i guess. If he can wait longer then anything from £6,000 to £6,500 is what i'd expect - its a 3/4 year old car.

As for the px value, take your car to a garage. Tell them it has no ABS/AC/TC/ESP and see what you get offered, they are harder to shift within trade - fact.

If he wanted a quick sale he could advertise for 6500. thats still the cheapest around.

If they are harder to shift, why do they go for more? That doesnt make sense. Its not just about the equipment. They also look better IMO.

SLK 350
Look better? Depends whether you talking about interior/exterior. The Cup interior is horrible. Externally, a cup spoiler (£150) and some Turini (£300 used) and et voila...a cup, but WITH Xenon/AC/CC/TC/ESP/ABS and a nice(r) interior.

They maybe sell for more on here, because people on here are enthusiasts. Some people value the 0.2 seconds they may buy you from the lights. Trade is a different story, nobody wants a car without ABS at very least, and AC is extremely favoured.

E39 M5
I'll be putting it on Here this W/end for £6200......See how it goes.

Also my 2p's worth....With a FF you'll always find a 50yr old bimbling around in one or your Mums friend has one, They never Drive cups..

Call it Car asociation !

Then again Air con would be nice in the summer.

Cup 172
Theres a middle aged woman near me with a cup. Always thought she looked a bit weird driving it....
Having said that, theres an old boy with an Silver FF172 as well...

cock mobile.
£6200 is very cheap!!!

It will sell for that no problem.

I sold mine last week, so I know for sure! Cups are wanted cars, don't listen to the Cup haters, there is a market for them or they wouldn't have sold from new!

182BG
i wouldn't sell for any less than 6.2k mate, i sold mine for £6500 and that was for a quick sale! it was snapped up damn fast too.

TVR, mmmmmmmm, very nice

SLK 350
The 50 year olds (slight exageration) is why the FF 172 is an easier car to sell, they are more diverse and can appeal to a wider demographic than a cup ever could. I'm not a 'cup hater' far from it, just i like my creature comforts too much to worry about extra weight :)

cock mobile.
There's also a LOT more FFs about, therefore the market is flooded with them!

Yes Cups appeal to a smaller demographic but they are far rarer!

So it all balances out.

Cup 172
Which backs up what I was saying.
People who buy cups arent in the market for any car. they want a cup. So, the fastest way to sell, would be undercutting the cheapest about by say £100.

I've had my local dealership on the phone twice since owning the car, offering to buy it from me at a good price.

Plus Turninis and the spoliers do not a cup make. There is no colour similair on a 172, so you cant re-create the look.

cock mobile.
Here here ^

And £6200 is cheap mate, you'll get that for it. Stick it on Autotrader today, you'll get calls this weekend, I guarantee it!