ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This a reasonable price for insurance?

So I'm 19, turn 20 in May. I have been playing with some insurance quotes and I thought id try one out on a Clio 197 R27 F1.

The quote returned as £1,140 fully comp.

To me this seems extremely good considering I've only just gotten my 2nd year no claims. Is this as reasonable to everyone else as it is to me?

RS Clio insurance for young people seems to go one of two ways (assuming they quote you):

Surprisingly reasonable like yourself if you go with a particular insurer or two (I'm guessing admiral/elephant/bell? Possibly Aviva/Direct Line as they're also ludicrously cheap for standard cars once you get to 21, but I think you have to be 21 IIRC?) Low risk young people (employed, low risk area, 2 years NCB, low mileage etc) seem to pay in the region of 1200 - 1500 so yeah you're definitely at the cheaper end.

And then there are loads of 19/20 year olds on here who get quoted "we don't want your business" style quotes circa 2 or 3k.

clio sport 197
ye iv got a 197 just turned 21 insurance is £303 a mouth plus £124 for the car but its all worth it hahaha

Listerine & Poledo
FFS, thread is a waste of server

When I was 20 I was running a 1.5 diesel corsa, with steels. that was £800 per year, back in 2000, in a small village outside Cambridge.

Hope this helps

:banghead:

It's through Bell/admiral.. I have a multicar policy at the moment and I know you can't get quotes for them online so im
hoping if I ring up I'll be able to get around the £1000 mark. Seeing as I pay £536 a year for a 1.4 ~£1000 does seem pretty reasonable

Clio 197 F1
I'm 23 with 2 years NCB and a clean license and my R27 is £750 with all mods declared so your quote seems about right. Apparently it lowers considerably once you've owned + Driven the car for a year.
Try Skyinsurance/Greenlight although I think you might have to be 21 IIRC.

I'm 23 with 2 years NCB and a clean license and my R27 is £750 with all mods declared so your quote seems about right. Apparently it lowers considerably once you've owned + Driven the car for a year.
Try Skyinsurance/Greenlight although I think you might have to be 21 IIRC.

Nice one bud thanks! It didn't seem too outrageous but just wanted to compare against everyone else really. That's helpful I guess :) still can't make my mind up if I should go for this or wait a year and get a Nismo 350z. I'll give them a ring but I think you may be right about the age

MR2 Mk1.5
Very good price.

We wouldn't entertain a 20 year old on a 197 unfortunately.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Tel: 01707 642552

skyfbimage_zpsf8bef167.jpg