ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thought I'd try some different wheels, Speedline content inside........

BG182ff,explod Focus
....but not the clitoris ones ;)
apologies in advance for the crappy iPhone pics.

IMG_0183.jpg

They're Safari's like wot McCrash used to have on his Scooby :race::bump::banghead::cry:

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

There are a few issues though.
I only have 2 wheels at the moment as I picked them up for a steal (ex display, never been on the road :) although they do have a few minor scratches and have no centre caps) so would need to find another pair that are the correct PCD and centre bore and are the same offset as these which given Speedline don't make them any more could be tricky.
That's part of another problem, they are ET35. If I ran these I suspect I'd need to raise my ride height and maybe even lose some castor.

IMG_0186.jpg

Looking down the side of the car they are about level with the wheel arches.

So, do I buck the trend and go for Speedline wheels that aren't Turuni's or find some rally boys running a Clio and see if they want some nice newish gravel wheels?
Of course, if anyone has a pair that are getting in the way I'd be willing to help you out.
Now I think about it, I should have taken these to the drag strip day we had at Shakespeare Raceway. Michelin PE2's would have given me better traction then my RainSports. Ho hum.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I quite like them, Ive had some adaptors made so that I can fit subaru wheels to the clio, so that I can run either the ones you have pictured there, or these ones:
speedline16x7-2.jpg

or these ones:
speedline16x7.jpg

This is a trial fit with the adaptor in place just using an ugly scooby wheel I had lieing about to try with:
879bda5c.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How much did the adaptors cost you Chip?

It was done by someone who's car I am going to map for him as a favour, so this was his way of paying me back.
TBH I get quite a lot of stuff done that way, its handy having skills people need, lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
It was done by someone who's car I am going to map for him as a favour, so this was his way of paying me back.
TBH I get quite a lot of stuff done that way, its handy having skills people need, lol

Ha fair enough! It certainly is handy, I get that a fair bit with working where I do.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Look really nice. Just need better pictures and lowering! My brother had the Comp 2's on his Impreza I love them.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
This is a trial fit with the adaptor in place just using an ugly scooby wheel I had lieing about to try with:
879bda5c.jpg

I think the scoob wheel looks better there than the 172 wheel.. but I'm not sure :/

They also look massive on the Clio ! Look like toy wheels on my bus haha :eek:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think the scoob wheel looks better there than the 172 wheel.. but I'm not sure :/

They also look massive on the Clio ! Look like toy wheels on my bus haha :eek:

Yeah I much prefer it to the clio wheel myself TBH, although the mrs has sold those now and fitted turinis which I really like anyway.

BG182ff,explod Focus
Needs to be lower mate.

The car had just been jacked up and hadn't settled level after it was lowered. It's lower than it looks in those pics and as the splitter hits speed bumps as it is I doubt I'll be going lower.

OP's speedlines look like those fitted to the Toyota Starlet SR

4fb26704d71fa_1.jpg

Yeah, they were 2109's too. The PCD is 4X100 but they were only 13" and the centre bore was smaller than a Clio's.

need to do something with the bullets as gold and silver dont mix.

I was thinking the same thing and I'd need some centre caps too. All depends on if I can get hold of another 2 wheels the same size and if an offset of ET35 isn't too extreme.