ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tiff Needell..What does he know

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by evilowl on 09 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 09 May 2005

182 + £4k change + GDI/AWT = a lot quicker than the CTR

^^ if anyone is that bothered enough ;)

not exactly a like for like comparison though?

You could get a 2nd hand CTR for 12k and supercharge it for 4k = 300+ at the wheels
You could get a second hand 172 for £5k and fit god knows what engine in it for 13k!!!

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by ctr123 on 09 May 2005
the clio may be 4k cheaper but the depreciation will be drastic and in 3 years time youll get about 6k for it. the clios a big girls car anyway, the ctr is far superior

My sister paid £17k for hers in 2001, she wanted to sell it last year (three years on) and was looking at selling up (a low mile mint example) for about £12000-ish.

She was going to lose £4k/£5k on it, made even worse by the "revised model with xenons" that came out.

Now thats what i call depreciation; something that every single large production car suffers regardless of how sensational it is.

I expect my 182 will probably lose £4k/£5k in three years, so probably the same as the CTR.

Clearly, you havent a clue.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Remember lads... both cars beat the £20k and supposed super hatch the Focus aRSe! :cool:

Elise/VX220/R26

lol try 4k in 2 years m8 thats what I lost on my 172, no honda will depreciate like a renault.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 09 May 2005

lol try 4k in 2 years m8 thats what I lost on my 172, no honda will depreciate like a renault.
More like 4k in one year, thats what i have been offered for mine in part ex!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 09 May 2005

Same for the CTR though... my mate lost £4k in 2 years on a new CTR, however I lost no money in 6 months when I sold it on... ;)

BMW 120i Sport

and the porsche boxter...

...now wheres my hairdryer, scissors and mirror - i have hair to cut!

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by rcp on 09 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 09 May 2005

Remember lads... both cars beat the £20k and supposed super hatch the Focus aRSe! :cool:
good point! :D
Seriously guys, you know the RS is quicker. Something is off with the figures.

Yaris Hybrid

What is funny though is that many CTR owners are as blinkered as some of the Clio owners in here and I feel they have been making some statements that could hang them in the future.

Once the track day season kicks off they are going to have a lot to live up to. Anyone beating a CTR can claim they are the better driver given that the CTR is proven to be a quicker car!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

PMSL at this... 0.2s FFS.

And to whoever says that either car is a BETTER car than the other...Define better? Better boot space? Better steering feel? Better gear change? Better fuel economy?

Were all different. Whats better to some, means absolutely f*** all to others.

It was a short clip, designed to fill 5 mins in an otherwise banal attempt at a motoring program. Not an indepth review taking everything into account. Get over it.

Carry on children...;)

Astra VXR 17/05/07

the clio may be 4k cheaper but the depreciation will be drastic and in 3 years time youll get about 6k for it. the clios a big girls car anyway, the ctr is far superior
^^^^ Thats actually funnier than anything thats been said,the fact some little scrote joined Cliosport just to post a faggot comment like that !!!

Can we have more please...highly amusing :D

Come on guys 0.2 secs is sod all! Its less than half the difference between the 172 and 172 cups 0-60 times, which all of us know was exactly sweet FA in the real world.

I have a Toyota Corrola T sport which is a far, far superior car to the civic type R, it has climate control, softer suspension, esp/traction control etc all the luxories that a daily driver needs.

Does this make it a better hot hatch than the CTR, no way jose, so in the same way does the ctr make a better hot hatch than a 182, no way jose!

Yaris Hybrid

just noticed that link doesnt work too well
It says this when I find the Renaultsport Clio, judging by your name I dont think this is what you intended (by the way it wont see off a CTR):

For
The 182 is quick enough to see off a Honda Civic Type-R and the storming V6 255 will hunt down supercars.

Against
The V6 255 is ludicrously expensive and, because the engine is mounted where the rear seats should be, hopelessly impractical.

Punto/Clio GTT

aint even gonna read through the nonsense in this thread.

The CTR is faster, get over it lads. It costs alot more too, so why are you so upset that a faster more expensive car beat the clio round a track?????

tiTTy & SV650

Tiff can drive end off, id rather have my 182 over a ctr cause not everyone has a 182 where I stay.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah the M3 beat the Clio as well. How unfair is that, must have been Tiffs fault for leaving the ESP on lol!

Honestly though guys, whether you are driving a Clio or a Civic neither are the sexiest or the quickest cars going so I wouldnt shout to much about a couple of tenths here or there as owners of proper fast cars will be cracking up!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 09 May 2005

Did Tiffany turn the ESP off?
Doubt it.

Surprised he didnt crash it.

I didnt see the show, but im not really upset about it. Neither should you be.

I think were alone now. there doesnt seem to be anyone around.

[Edited by Tom on 09 May 2005 at 11:05pm]

Can i just say (and this is for someone special). I LOVE PHIL BENNETT.

listen to you all.

Tiff is more than likely a massive leap in driving skill compared to anyone on here. I should know, he raced for my father at TOMs in macau.......he had some horrible machinery but did well.

Id be more worried about the dribble that clarkson and his moron mates trail all over the place about cars....now there is a useless bunch....

That legendary £6k quote once again. Feel free to calculate the average cost of a 3 year old 172 on average miles (36k) both private and trade on AutoTrader and tell me what figure you come back with. I can assure you its not £6k and its not even £7k, the cheapest one in the country that isnt a CAT C is just shy of £7k for a start.

I didnt really need to bother though, someone who comes up with constructive comments like "big girls car" has clearly researched things well.

R

rich[182]

Guys, Cant speak for anyone else but Im not upset nor bitter about the result, I know the CTR is quicker than the 182, My only gripe is that a quick 50sec fling round a track is only 1 of several things they could have shown, Everyone harps on about the CTR having difficulty getting power down in 1st/2nd, the change to 3rd before 60, how it comes into its own at higher speeds, A whole host of scenarios and split times could have been articulated and compared with an overhead view so that everything weve ever been fed with and discussed could have been shown, Again I would have expected the CTR to win most but ID LIKE TO SEE THIS SHOWN IN REAL WORLD DRIVING, not some experienced driver doing one 50 sec track lap and nearly going sideways round corners, Id like to see how many car lengths a CTR is gonna be up at 100, what mid range punch differences are etc, etc, what happens from kick down between 30-70

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 09 May 2005

listen to you all.

Tiff is more than likely a massive leap in driving skill compared to anyone on here. I should know, he raced for my father at TOMs in macau.......he had some horrible machinery but did well.

Id be more worried about the dribble that clarkson and his moron mates trail all over the place about cars....now there is a useless bunch....

:D

Tho ive got to say every event ive ever been to when tiff is racing hes either shunted someone off or crashed.

I think jon and i have a special place for him.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I love all motoring programmes on Tv

The secret is to take all of them with a pinch of salt not get carried away with the good and bad things they say.So what the Ctr won by a blink of an eye,so what if the Clio wins by the same margin.

Id rather watch some car programme than most of the other gash on Tv :sick: