ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanfall

Nissan 350z
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/07/titanfall-branded-xbox-one-consoles-given-to-respawn-employees

Neat.

BiFYaIRCAAIRp7w.jpg

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbo...7-gamestop-preorder-released-14-03-14-1836527
£370. Seems cheaper than the other Fifa bundles I've seen up until now.

Mito Sportiva 135
Right...first few reviews are out and the jury says (on the whole) it's an excellent game which although doesn't necessarily push technical boundaries it's something new for the genre and (most importantly) great fun. So if anyone says 'yeah but it's not 1080p yet' you can tell them to get a life!

Even Gamecentral gave it 9/10 after criticising a few things - which is high praise from them.

Sounds like a few of the criticisms can be worked on too, e.g. more maps, more customisation, fix occasional kick from server (don't ask EA or Dice please), more game modes and better use of the monsters/bots.

I'm hoping the 360 version is good as I still don't have a One yet :(

Tbh, my friend is getting a custom xbox one controller (cant remember who make it) and it has some triggers underneath as well, some sort of pro gamer controller and that's £130! :O:O

Can't wait for Titanfall tbh, just hope that they fix the SMART pistol. As fun as it is, it's too easy!

C1 VTR (Company Car)
I can't wait for this game. Couldn't give 2 shades of sh*t what any reviews say. Doesn't matter to me whether a game gets 1/10 or 10/10, I'll always make up my own mind.

In this case I've played it already for about 5 days, and can honestly say it's the best online experience I've had on any game. Such a laugh and had no issues what so ever.

Tempted to buy one of the Limited Edition controllers on release day if they have any left, as I need a second controller anyway.

1.8 Civic EX
Some people got the game early and were given the go ahead to play without fear of being banned etc. Low and behold some of those said people have already "prestiged". It's called something else in Titanfall though, something like "regeneration".

Out the box update of approx 840mb for the xboxone version, and aparently looking into a patch to make it 1080p.

Download is 16.4gb.

Also rumours stating this game alone has resulted in atleast another 1million xboxone's being sold. I would assume thats the Titanfall bundles.

F82 M4
Tbh, my friend is getting a custom xbox one controller (cant remember who make it) and it has some triggers underneath as well, some sort of pro gamer controller and that's £130! :O:O

Can't wait for Titanfall tbh, just hope that they fix the SMART pistol. As fun as it is, it's too easy!

Makes me feel better for my £140 keyboard :eek:

Nissan 350z
Origin allowed me to preload last night, 49.9GB later and im ready for release. If i wanted to (and many people are) its possible to use a VPN to fool your Origin into thinking you are in a timezone where the game is released so you can play early, but im happy to wait until Friday.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Pre-ordered it, but gone for the XBO version seeing as its multiplayer and I've hardly used my XBO.

Nissan 350z
Got a key for 36 euros. Pre-loading at work via Origin to take the cache home...It's huge

xrra.png

I couldnt resist using a VPN last night to play it for 2 hours. Had to LOL at all the lvl1 VPN users on the European servers joking about the weather in Hong Kong and the likes haha.

Cayman S Edition 1
Bought a new Samsung 250GB SSD and pre-ordered Titanfall. Now installed, waiting for key!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Got a key for 36 euros. Pre-loading at work via Origin to take the cache home...It's huge

xrra.png

LOLz at the difference in size between PC and Xbox One versions... 49GB vs. 17GB :clown:

It's quite ironic that the PC version is a larger download to cater for lesser hardware (in order to meet the minimum PC hardware requirements). And all because the lesser PC's can't handle decoding of audio on the fly during gameplay (resulting in the additional 35GB of uncompressed audio data...) Then again, the Xbox One does have some rather impressive audio hardware decoding built-in but nobody ever talks about that. Damn graphics wh0res. :)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
lol, I think the fact they've done that is pure lazy (uncompressed audio). Surely even on a slow CPU it's not going to impact performance that​ much. Every other game manages just fine.

The insane textures don't really warrant the name either. I mean they look nice, but they're not really much different from XBONE

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The audio decode is too much for a low end PC... but we are talking very low-end (e.g. dual core from previous millenia). I'm not sure why they opted to support such a low spec really. On the plus side, I guess the audio quality will be slightly better to the trained ear (depending on the compression used on the Xbox One version).

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
My PC could decode Beethoven's 5th Symphony at 524kbps in 7.1 whilst an army of Yacks fired missile launchers at a choir of dying elephants

Nissan 350z
Ok after putting in some hours with the game via proxy Ive discovered my first major gripe:

- Servers dont scramble teams after matches end.

Seriously why? This means if you have a couple of good high lvl players who dominate, they tend to stay in that server together and continue to dominate where as the opposition get demoralised and leave one by one. So you have a situation where the good players get to farm individuals who join.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Went to a midnight launch and got it!! Playing it now! The starting cutscene is brilliant!! God I love this game already!!!