ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titanium MrBlonde

As some of you may know already,i had an accident in my Cup & hit a barrier.In a nutshell,Raining very early cold morning on AD80rs (close to the limit) back end stepped out going up a banking corner.Still Drives fine tho,just wasnt worth me repairing,So decide on getting a 182 but in Silver.

So i found one and got up early on a Sat morning to head to south wales.

So this one is on 53k 2 owners & one of the very last ones & standard,previous owner also has a lovely Mars Red V6.

So plan is to get all the good bits off the cup & transfer onto the 182 then break or sell the cup as a whole car.

Couple of Photos of the Cups damage
20190924_105633.jpg
20190924_105958.jpg

2196871E-BE2B-4D22-A9DD-4E35DB494C49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you are right, because at max turn, the hit the damper and wear down the seal. Now I have them for 225 calipers and are fine, a little longer due to banjo connector. I forgot about the last ones.
Not seen the megane ones. I use BRT for all my lines as I know they're good quality and can specify a length and he posts it next day😂

Myself and another chap at work got it done for steve in our spare time. Steve will just cover materials. Thankfully it was a decent bonnet to begin with 👍

Myself and another chap at work got it done for steve in our spare time. Steve will just cover materials. Thankfully it was a decent bonnet to begin with 👍
How much could I expect to pay for a front bumper and bonnet respray,

I cant comment mate as I dont do quotes. Ideally, like we did with Steve's, the bonnet should be bare metal before filler work.

At a guess I would say excess of £350 but I really am just guessing. Are you local to Hertfordshire?

I cant comment mate as I dont do quotes. Ideally, like we did with Steve's, the bonnet should be bare metal before filler work.

At a guess I would say excess of £350 but I really am just guessing. Are you local to Hertfordshire?
Ah that's not so bad, I'm in Herefordshire- the one nobody has heard of!

Love this thread and what you have done with the car! I own a titanium 182! The bonnet is on the list of things I need to replace/get painted. We have bodyshops at work so gonna see what staff rate I get! Probably more than retail 😂

Love this thread and what you have done with the car! I own a titanium 182! The bonnet is on the list of things I need to replace/get painted. We have bodyshops at work so gonna see what staff rate I get! Probably more than retail 😂

Thanks very much mate,its not in great depth of detail my thread tho.Maybe once i get a laptop i will put more into it.yep bonnets are the weakness of the clios or the ex owners shutting the bonnets wrong.Cant wait to put this on plus the other things i have to fit to transform it😁

So i thought being its been a great weekend weather wise & looking good for the rest of the week i decided to fit my recently repainted TD pro 1.2s to the 182,these where previously the ones i had on the cup but were in gloss black.

20200304_130604.jpg
20200310_152918.jpg
20200322_141841.jpg
20200322_141903.jpg
20200322_141803.jpg

Very nice, wheel and colour works perfectly. How are you finding those tyres? Im not a fan I have a pair up front and even with heat they dont feel great. Would swap them for fresh p zeros in a heartbeat.

Personally thing the Turinis look cleaner but these still look superb and really suit it.
I bet you’re delighted mate. 😍👌🏼

I think i will have to give it a few days see if i prefer them as the Turinis do suit it well,but then it drives better on 15's i think.As i may adjust the front as i didnt need to which was a surprise as i had to when i fitted them to the cup,on the rears i just took the adjusters out.Love both wheels just case of which i prefer.I will prob come to love them like when i had them on the cup,took me a few days to adjust to them @frayz

I think i will have to give it a few days see if i prefer them as the Turinis do suit it well,but then it drives better on 15's i think.As i may adjust the front as i didnt need to which was a surprise as i had to when i fitted them to the cup,on the rears i just took the adjusters out.Love both wheels just case of which i prefer.I will prob come to love them like when i had them on the cup,took me a few days to adjust to them @frayz

15” Turinis could benan option but I think the visual appeal of the Turinis on it is they are that tiny bit bigger. I’m yet to put my 15s on so looking forward to that and seeing how it drives.
Unless you wanna try some anthracite 2118s on it mate, I’ve a new set sat here 😅👍🏼

Love the look of those Pro Race 1.2's with the renault badge. Makes them look a lot less aftermarket and more OEM+. really smart. Out of interest, what size and where did you get those centre caps?

So with completely free weekends now until the Lockdown is lifted,i plan to get more bits done on the 182 i guess we all do now.

Today i fitted the Braided Brake Hoses along with new fluid,was surprised how easy and smoothly it all went,all nipples were free and also the hose connections undone easily.Nice to have them fitted along with decent fluid & bleed well so hopefully all is good.

Also changed the outer arb bushes for new febi ones,i may upgrade these along with inner ones with poly ones at some point.

Headlight bulbs also changed & without having to take the bumper off,so much better now.

20200328_130212.jpg

20200328_162944.jpg
20200328_170546.jpg

Old Vs New Bushes
20200328_093208.jpg

20200328_093255.jpg

Belts Steve just use a pressure washer and some APC. Can you feel any difference with the ARB bush change?

My pressure has packed up mate,so will do them in a soapy bucket & scrub by hand.
With the bushes ive not taken it on the road yet,will wait till monday when i go to work,have been thinking of poly bushing the arb & either solid top mounts or the new poly top mount rubber replacement

Nice work, it all looks very clean around the rear beam and brake hose bracket, surprises me how varying they can be with corrosion. Mines in dire need of a strip down and paintinv.

Its killing me seeing people crack on with projects at the moment.

Thanks mate,it does need a good clean under there at some point.Maybe when summer comes can get to the wheels off and give it a proper clean round the arches @DomP182

My pressure has packed up mate,so will do them in a soapy bucket & scrub by hand.
With the bushes ive not taken it on the road yet,will wait till monday when i go to work,have been thinking of poly bushing the arb & either solid top mounts or the new poly top mount rubber replacement

Ah that’s a shame. Typical, I’ve a spare Nilfisk you could borrow too.
let me know how you feel about the bushes. I’ve got brand new genuine OEM bushes sitting here, but now the focus of the car has changed I’m going to fit poly.