ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Oooooh, just received this from CSCC, Hugo..

Dear Peter,
With over 300 entries for Snetterton processing your forms has has to be put on hold.
However I can tell you that we have allocated you number 17.
See you at Snetterton.
Kind regards
Hugo Holder

17...good number, the Sqn I was on in Germany for a few years...

Last edited:
Haha sounds like your having fun ;) All my CSCC stuff arrived in the post this morning apparently so it may be waiting at home for you!

Not yet, I've been put on hold....
:S

:race:

Pete which races are you doing this year?

Due to building the car this year had only planned to do two races possibly 3 this year, Brands and not sure where the other one will be, though one with not too many fast straights on....don't want to be last!

He'll be asleep by the fire now, the kiddies would have worn him out.

True!

Mallory is good for Clios.

Thanks Jay..

Mallory, falls on the late Aug bank holiday weekend and is close too, got a long right hander after the start.....this where more fuel is needed as the Clios pump etc is on the drivers side?

ScreenHunter_01Apr101257.gif

Pity Anglesey falls on a Sat..(June 30th). It's the coastal track would've possibly squeezed this in too if it was on a Sun. Is it a good track?

Looks similar to Brands.

ScreenHunter_02Apr101314.gif

172 Race Car
Mallory, falls on the late Aug bank holiday weekend and is close too, got a long right hander after the start.....this where more fuel is needed as the Clios pump etc is on the drivers side?
Just fill it up before and you'll be fine

Pity Anglesey falls on a Sat..(June 30th). It's the coastal track would've possibly squeezed this in too if it was on a Sun. Is it a good track?

Looks similar to Brands.

Its wider than brands, very smooth and has a great selection of corners. quick in places, twisty in others. views are stunning also

BMW M5 & E36
Had a read through from the start. Good stuff, lots of potential there and top marks for getting stuck in. All the best with the CSCC series.

Mallory is indeed a good little track, suits the Clio's well.

Had a read through from the start. Good stuff, lots of potential there and top marks for getting stuck in. All the best with the CSCC series.

Mallory is indeed a good little track, suits the Clio's well.

Thanks Whiteley...Brands isn't too far away now......looking forward to the first race! Hope I remember 1st gear on the start line.

Got my "licence sent" email just now from the MSA, bit of a quick turn around as only sent it Tuesday!

Sam's on the other hand has been held. She unfortunately failed her race medical due to having a dodgy ticker...always said I'd break her heart..Joking aside she's had an ECG already and nothing untoward has been noted and now just waiting for an appointment for an ECHO scan. Bit of a shock really but hoping nothing serious as shes always been fit and well.

Still plenty of time to get it all sorted before Brands any how.

Chase Racing Clio
Got my "licence sent" email just now from the MSA, bit of a quick turn around as only sent it Tuesday!

Sam's on the other hand has been held. She unfortunately failed her race medical due to having a dodgy ticker...always said I'd break her heart..Joking aside she's had an ECG already and nothing untoward has been noted and now just waiting for an appointment for an ECHO scan. Bit of a shock really but hoping nothing serious as shes always been fit and well.

Still plenty of time to get it all sorted before Brands any how.

Ahh, double bummer on Sam's license there mate. Hope she's alright and we see you both in the car at Brands!

Ahh, double bummer on Sam's license there mate. Hope she's alright and we see you both in the car at Brands!

Thanks Hoofy, just waiting on a decision from the MSA now....it's with the medical department. They may want more tests other than ECG or not, they said to Sam to ring back Monday if they haven't rung.

Yes MSA were super quick with mine also Pete, Sorry to hear about Sam! Hope she's okay and as you say i'm sure it will all be sorted in time for Brands! See you there :)

My licence arrived sat morn...QTR or what. Cheers for the well wishes too.

Hope Sam is okay Pete.

Got the car back today, gave it a wash and a hug.:eek:

Nice one Tony, thanks, just got back from CSCC at Snetterton - Hondas all the way...would've been a pug 306 first, but through the bomb hole (maybe took too much "hole") on the last lap lost the lead and a lot more places too ...54(?) black civic and the white Integra(?) 85...

Here's the start...

Took the Cup along for scutineering and it sailed though, 3 of them poking it. Nothing found. Well apart from steering lock and front tow strap but I knew about those already. So Brands here we come.....

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Race Car
Pete your a hero. Really wanted to know what happened today. So Dibble won? They are good around there normally

Great news, did you get it weighed ?

Heard they had a hail storm, made it interesting. Bloody Hondas.

Was indeed and nice end to a pretty quick 4-5 month transformation, a pass. Didn't get it weighed as it was corner weighted just before our Brands test\track day.....938KG wet\full tank so around 900kg dry.

The weather was very changeable....40-50 mins of wind and sun with 10 mins rain\hail stones...saw some nice Ferrari's spin off at Riches, first bend after start\finish straight. It was hailing at the start of TinTops and then again 10 mins form the end...A dry race apart from that.

Got amongst the paddock after and got some cheeky info on the cars...glad as it will help Sam and I knowing that the Cup "on paper" should be better....

Was another Cup there # 10 - Monster logo's, Dave (if I remember correct) said to him to get to Brands as there will be upto 5-6 other Clios there. Not sure where he finished, first time at Snett and not done much track driving..mostly hill climbs\sprints etc.

And as I pen this got an email from Sam, MSA licence is in the post...no comments or further tests for them. Good news on that front. Just what the doctors find now, if anything.

182cup & 172 racecar
Was another Cup there # 10 - Monster logo's, Dave (if I remember correct) said to him to get to Brands as there will be upto 5-6 other Clios there. Not sure where he finished, first time at Snett and not done much track driving..mostly hill climbs\sprints etc.
Another one, don't know who that is then.

Sounds like you're all set for racing...

Even more so after just receiving this email......

Subject: BRANDS HATCH MAY 7 2012

We acknowledge receipt of your entry and payment for Brands. Final details will be sent after the closing date.
Kind Regards
Classic Sports Car Club

though really wished I hadn't spent the last hour watching the April 2012 Brands BTCC weekend of racing on you tube :S....clio cup race lost 5-7 clios on the first half of lap one....

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Was he a big chap from Bolton ? nice fella if its the same guy he used to be my sparing partner ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Didn't catch where he was from, had a range rover tow car, small missus with a baby...seemed nice enough.
Yes that's him just had a look at the results , he's also with another ex sprinter who is really quick it looks like the next step up for us but it's not cheap !

need to buy (or order on Monday coming) two race helmets. Want to spend no more than £250 for each helmet and undecided on what brand etc to go for. Not too much choice out there at the moment that I've found.

So far looked at

hedtech

V2sport

racelidz

racequip

plays kool

and a few omp\sparco ones....I would like my helmet to be black (got balck suit,boots gloves) so that narrows that down a bit and Sam's can be any colour (white at a guess). She does have a blue suit, gloves & boots.

Prefer Snell SA2010, as at some point snell sa 2005 will be going out

Any one got any other helmet makes etc that I havent thought about, know about or experiance of helmets to pass on?

Open face??

Chase Racing Clio
I got the V2 elite for £179 and I think it's pretty damn good. It's a nice looking helmet (the stickers just come with the helmet, so you don't have to put them on) and it's nice and comfy, great starter helmet in my opinion.

I tried all the V2s on at autosport and they're all pretty good, was gonna go for the pro but my nose was just clipping the front bit, so went for the elite. With doing tin tops too, I think it would be good to go open face if you can, but you might feel a little safer with an enclosed one. Personal preference I think, trying them on is crucial.

I thought the V2 stuff looks good , thinking for now i'll get two of their open face lids, which will replace our two omp track lids (I'll sell these) and that'll leave some cash for a gopro 2. Then revisit the full face later on in the year or over winter, nothing set in stone and still looking until Monday.

Thinking, also only really used open face lids in cars so don't want a self imposed change come the first race on May 7th.

Cheers for the advice\comments so far, I'm also checking out the track lid thread that was started earlier this week, some good stuff there too.

Got all the stickers applied yesterday and fitted the TRS strap...though took this picture before fitting...

2012-04-21-057.jpg

the only sticker that lets it down is the novice cross on the back, not because it's yellow with a big black cross but it's wonky and quite noticeable above the ren sport badges. The OCD within me is fighting to rip it of and get another fitted straight and the lazy part (I also only cleaned where the stickers went) of me is winning at the moment to just leave it.

There are a few bubbles under the numbers but overall it now looks the part...Race car for sure.....