ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s 55 ‘RB 182’

RB Clio 182
My number plate holder and led also turned up today

79DFF9B2-1C38-4539-B7FD-5D2F13D45CDF.jpeg

8E864927-6F7B-48E7-906E-5EC4AFF5B846.jpeg

Before

52FB961A-E7AD-496C-AD5D-FFACC29FCFBC.jpeg

After(i love this little touch)

782B16F6-17D4-4534-9700-D288AA9E4A9E.jpeg

523DCA5D-CEBB-4DCF-9362-A2FDE9F8F60C.jpeg

And with the new led

12CD3992-212E-4BEA-B8A9-F9972739E1CB.jpeg

1D7A0406-F2DB-4328-9ADA-2BDB053B2272.jpeg

RB Clio 182
I also decided to remove my inlet and fuel rail guard and freshen them up with some silver paint, it wil all tie in together much better when ive detailed the bay, polished the aircon pipes and fitted my alloy intake, but at least it looks cleaner.

Before

185A485E-ACE1-446E-986D-F26FA26F4127.jpeg

During

5A28ADFD-63F2-460E-908D-1EBF6E3523BA.jpeg

778338D4-8CB0-4FD7-B599-6F3B33C5EE0F.jpeg

After

9A271130-6423-4057-B978-7AA7EFE6E34D.jpeg

760EE3EF-64B8-4E88-B534-D91548B69215.jpeg

7C6250FC-445E-437B-A5D7-2A13D8846F24.jpeg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I can't make my mind up with my front number plate, I think I prefer the full size one on mine.

RB Clio 182
I can't make my mind up with my front number plate, I think I prefer the full size one on mine.

Standard isnt too bad, but it annoys me how it hangs over the lip, its like it has goofy teeth and reminds my of bugs bunny, or alan carr :(

Awesome. Big difference

Thanks Dan :up:

Looking good Tom. The plates make such a difference, I'll add it to my list[emoji23]

Thanks buddy, yeah i think they do make a nice difference, they smooth the lines on the front and it ties in all together nicely imo :up:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Is that number plate light new or used because it looks broken? Unless the little cut out bit is meant to be there?

Bumper could do with painting at some point because who ever painted it that last time is a cnut. (Just being picky and I'm sure you'll get it looking good in time)
5bfd665810b8a29a984e0126fdf896d2.jpg

RB Clio 182
Lol, i washed the area so i wasnt spreading dust around, the rear bumper is mint!

Heres a zoomed in one, its immaculate

E38674C4-9629-4111-804A-FC86EEDEE0E5.png

And yes the light is brand new, the cut out is so you can get it out of the bumper.

So we can all clearly see here how minty fresh this is going to be and soon judging by the almost instant progress :cool:

Amazing the difference those new number plates have made along with the number plate light, they look soo fresh, and for sod all money really! Not that it matters in the slightest what I think, but I do prefer the standard size front plate but only because I had Renault dealer plates made for mine (oem yoo!) and if I had a small one it would be plain. Which wouldn't match. So couldn't have that 😧😂

P.S. fair play doing the inlet yourself! Looks good! I'm c-r-a-p at spraying hence mine got powder coated!

RB Clio 182
You posted far to many light's, your fault. Not mine. [emoji106]
Just been out to show the bumper is fine, cheers for making me cold mate :( ignore the swirls ha) the flash captures them perfectly lol.

74029D7E-DA50-450C-84D1-EE7A94363F53.jpeg
204ED319-A7B5-472D-BB56-689F25886619.jpeg

And if you look, both the numperplate lights have the little cut out bit, christ i wouldnt have entertained the car if the water on the bumper was the paint job pmsl.

RB Clio 182
So we can all clearly see here how minty fresh this is going to be and soon judging by the almost instant progress :cool:

Amazing the difference those new number plates have made along with the number plate light, they look soo fresh, and for sod all money really! Not that it matters in the slightest what I think, but I do prefer the standard size front plate but only because I had Renault dealer plates made for mine (oem yoo!) and if I had a small one it would be plain. Which wouldn't match. So couldn't have that 😧😂

P.S. fair play doing the inlet yourself! Looks good! I'm c-r-a-p at spraying hence mine got powder coated!
Cheers Steve, itll get there, the finish on the inlet and fuel rail guard are good, but it wont be as good as a pro powdercoat jobby,

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Looks so much better without the stripes! Looks a lovely example! Doing the inlets makes such a massive difference!

RB Clio 182
Not an update, but ive just been for a drive and my emissions light has gone out so thats all good.

Im still waiting on my new coolant tank and alloy induction pipe to turn up, the bay should look pretty decent then, i might be giving the car a detail over the weekend weather depending.

Im also going to paint the engine brackets and rocker cover when i get time, to match the inlet and fuel guard.

RB Clio 182
Pics of crocs?

Haha, i wouldnt wear those if i had to walk over hot coals lol.

Looks so much better without the stripes! Looks a lovely example! Doing the inlets makes such a massive difference!

Thanks Cereone, i agree, i liked the stipes but it looks cleaner without them :up:

Yep, photos or it didn't happen!

😂

As above Steve lol.

You actually went and bought RB shoes to match your RB car?

No, i bought the rb to match my shoes(but the dog just shredded them 😧

Great stuff coming along great :up: top man
Front plate is full of win ! Std look shite .
Engine bay 10000000% better .

Cheers davo, itll get there, im thinking of 10/16mm spacers all round but i dont want the drive/turning circle to be effected.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Those new plates the fancy plates ones? I nearly ordered the other day as I’ve got pressed ones on mine but I objected to the postage costs! Looks fresh though mate.

RB Clio 182
Those new plates the fancy plates ones? I nearly ordered the other day as I’ve got pressed ones on mine but I objected to the postage costs! Looks fresh though mate.
Yes mate fancy plate ones, and cheers Jim :up:

Im absolutely loving na, the turbo was brutal but na is instant, this thing to 60 is quicker than i remember, its just a fair bit slower after 4k rpm, but probably quicker below 4k rpm(feels it anyway)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes mate fancy plate ones, and cheers Jim :up:

Im absolutely loving na, the turbo was brutal but na is instant, this thing to 60 is quicker than i remember, its just a fair bit slower after 4k rpm, but probably quicker below 4k rpm(feels it anyway)

I find it’s all relative. You soon get used to 300bhp. I loved my evo and vxr8 and they were fast cars BUT when I drove them for pleasure I felt guilty due to the running costs.

That’s the best thing about Na 172/182s, you get the fun, the character, the relative reliability and still retain 30 plus to the gallon even if you drive it like you stole it.

I think the more you read the new thread on your car the happier you’ll feel about punting it. I know I feel happier about not buying it!