ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom-173 Ph2 172 Turbo

Polo gti
Be a push mate. Defo be done in august now, dads offered too lend money too just finish instead of waiting too be paid each month. Yea mate, come down one saturday night, speak too danny and get a thew clios meet at bury, will take you for a blast :)

Polo gti
Yes mate, im pretty sure its a E.D downpipe, i bought it brand new from andyrg. Im after management at the moment, will be gen90 or adaptronic :)

glad youve got it running tom, gen 90's plug and play but hard to find one second hand so ends up expensive wheres the adaptronice is a little over 1200 suppiled fitted and mapped (well thats the price I was quoted) and thats what im going with

Polo gti
Andyrg!! What a great help youve been so far... Just recieved a pic from him... On its way ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374229909.449109.jpg
Just a thew little teathing probs and intercooler and pipework away from a drive in it :)

Polo gti
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375888134.454643.jpg
Engine went back in around a month ago, im literally needing injectors and intercooler then its a looong drive too durham for mapping :)

Polo gti
Ive bought and fitted these banjos for my water cooling, the pipes from these need too be t'd into matrix pipes. What kind of T am i going too need and weres the best place too buy?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376258765.455907.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Loving the red boost bus :) subscribed. . If you have a meet count me in. .. what power are you going for?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Take the feed from the thermostat housing, its plenty adequate and far easier to route.

I wouldn't do this as you don't get the syphon effect when the engine is off. This is when you want the coolant to work as the oil will cool it when the engine is on.

Best place for me is from the heater matrix. If you have forge or samco hoses it is very easy as you take it from the bypass loop just before the heater matrix. If you have standard hoses then you'll need to tee in just before it.

Polo gti
I wouldn't do this as you don't get the syphon effect when the engine is off. This is when you want the coolant to work as the oil will cool it when the engine is on.

Best place for me is from the heater matrix. If you have forge or samco hoses it is very easy as you take it from the bypass loop just before the heater matrix. If you have standard hoses then you'll need to tee in just before it.

Cheers, im just struggling too find the correct t peice from heater matrix size down too banjo size :/

172 cup, Impreza P1
Speak to Wayne (W33BRL) as he has just bought some fittings for this purpose or get some forge or samco hoses.

HBT 172 Cup

Myth busted, my turbo makes all sorts of slurping coolant noises when the engines shut off after a run, and you can witness coolant flowing back into the header tank as it should.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Myth busted, my turbo makes all sorts of slurping coolant noises when the engines shut off after a run, and you can witness coolant flowing back into the header tank as it should.

What you're seeing is expansion and air pushing coolant around not syphoning as you can syphon with an air gap at the top of the header tank. Laws of physics unfortuately.

HBT 172 Cup
What you're seeing is expansion and air pushing coolant around not syphoning as you can syphon with an air gap at the top of the header tank. Laws of physics unfortuately.

Without arguing, it may well follow that thermodynamic law, however.... the coolant is moving yes? ergo cooling the turbo. fin!

It must be working, ive not baked the core yet?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Not starting an argument, maybe personal preference but I took advice from various sources including Turbo Dynamics so thought I'd pass on the research I did when I was doing my first conversion.

Agree the coolant is moving but the syphon effect will have less air flowing through the turbo so better heat extraction and for longer after the engine is switched off. Bearings would be the first things to be effected by insufficient cooling but this may not be apparent for some time.

Each to their own with regards to many things but just my thoughts on it to the OP and whoever else is planning a similar build.

Polo gti
Had the car running lovely, then told i need water cooling... Ive bought the banjos and fitted them but ive had the turbo in and off so many bloody times, trying too sort the return as ive turnt the core slightly for clearance of the banjos, cant access the 4 bolts, cant get the jubilees on return pipe, return sitting on down pipe ect!!!! Really trying me at the moment...

HBT 172 Cup
lmao, wait till you start driving it and the teething issues show their way though, it'll be testing your patience then!!

Just spent 2 hours laying under mine this evening pissing around on it, its second nature now lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
Had the car running lovely, then told i need water cooling... Ive bought the banjos and fitted them but ive had the turbo in and off so many bloody times, trying too sort the return as ive turnt the core slightly for clearance of the banjos, cant access the 4 bolts, cant get the jubilees on return pipe, return sitting on down pipe ect!!!! Really trying me at the moment...

You need to do your homework. See the issues you are having, everyone else has had them before. Just ask for help and the answers will come.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...rack-toy!/page21&highlight=Clio+cup+track+toy

Polo gti
Rant over lol, just had one if them days and then this adding too it!! My returns into my block, but the angle of my core send return towards downpipe before coming back too block. Core has too be were it is too allow the water banjos too fit... May have too re think return as im just using braided hose all the way. Any ideas??

Rant over lol, just had one if them days and then this adding too it!! My returns into my block, but the angle of my core send return towards downpipe before coming back too block. Core has too be were it is too allow the water banjos too fit... May have too re think return as im just using braided hose all the way. Any ideas??

Copy cupmans return line hers using a gt 28 too