ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too much brake fluid?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Busy changing discs and pads all round.

Just finished doing the front but pushing the brake piston back in with the fluid cap off is making it overflow and drip.

Is this going to cause a problem when I put the cap back on and drive?

Had my brake fluid changed about 3 months ago. With hindsight should have got this done after chaning the dsics and pads.

Cheers.

clio 182 black /gold
Pump the pedal when done and it should go back down. Try not to drip it on the paint work or it will strip it off.

I cannot get the flaming cap back on!

Engine cover won't come off without the right size torx which I don't have arrghh!

Cheers.

Glad you got it sorted.

I always have some syringes in the garage of various sizes, they prove invaluable for any brake work. They allow you to take fluid out or put it back in however you need to and all with minimum fuss and mess. No risk of contamination either, providing you use a new one each time.

Last edited:
Cheers for help but just to check..

The level is now high ie pretty much on the brim but I've got the top on ok.

Is that going to be ok?

I reckon you need to take some out if it's on the brim nearly!! The max line is a good half inch below the brim I think. Get yourself a syringe and suck some out or alternatively bleed some out at the brakes.