ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Totalled my car this evening on way back from Milton Keynes :( Through a Fence

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
OMFG!!!

Just followed a transit low loader with you 172 on the back of it. Did you sell it or something? Epic Camber on that back wheel.

Clio 200 Black and White
LOL thinking TPFT is better coz you dont cover many miles.

The difference between fully comp & TPFT isnt what miles your covering, its what happens to you in the event of a single accident. Financially its gunna be better for you, as long you didnt hit anyone/anything else and your car a s**tter that you dont mind loosing the money on in the event of an accident.

And not being able to afford the car, getting a bank loan and then not going fully comp, wowza. Why did you not just get more money so you could go full comp?

I know you probably already know all this, sorry for going on and sorry for your loss of car and intact ring piece.

On the bright side, at least you walked out of it and nobody else got hurt.

I don't understand why you're all giving this guy such a hard time.

Going TPFT made sense for him at the time.

If you look at this rationally: the difference in cost between FC and TPFT was about 1500 quid. The cost of replacing the car will be maybe 3000 quid, so as long as you don't have a crash more often than every two years you're actually still better off with TPFT.

The fact that Lizard crashed within that 2 year window is unfortunate, but he knew that was a risk when he made the decision to go TPFT and it doesn't make his initial decision wrong!

200 FF Storm Grey
Feel for you mate, personally I would of had it checked over before you made the decision to sell it, could of got lucky and it just be cosmetic/panel damage

Clio 172
OMFG!!!

Just followed a transit low loader with you 172 on the back of it. Did you sell it or something? Epic Camber on that back wheel.

Haha ... Yes ClioSpares picked it up last night from Bicester and took it to Doncaster. :( miss that car! Still the VW has kept me on my toes ... broken down 7 times in 2 days! EPIC

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I don't understand why you're all giving this guy such a hard time.

Going TPFT made sense for him at the time.

If you look at this rationally: the difference in cost between FC and TPFT was about 1500 quid. The cost of replacing the car will be maybe 3000 quid, so as long as you don't have a crash more often than every two years you're actually still better off with TPFT.

The fact that Lizard crashed within that 2 year window is unfortunate, but he knew that was a risk when he made the decision to go TPFT and it doesn't make his initial decision wrong!

Don't buy a car you can't afford to insure.

/Thread.

E90
^^ that pretty much.

Still the OP seems fairly chipper about it all, so good on him for that, these things happen.

Suzuki Ignis
Haha ... Yes ClioSpares picked it up last night from Bicester and took it to Doncaster. :( miss that car! Still the VW has kept me on my toes ... broken down 7 times in 2 days! EPIC

Fookin ell, they travel all over. Picked mine up in that epic snow just before xmas. Did they give you anything for it?
Unlucky with the Beetle, you'll know it inside out pretty soon though.

Clio 197
The car did its job - you walked away, so smile!!!

Metal can be replaced... a few ££ and you'll get another one.

Take care.