ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toying with the idea of turbo'ing the 182

172 Cup
Aye Ralph your right 350 bhp per ton on the clio to the r34 gtr's 221 you'd probably cruise past.

cosworth said:
I get the impression he's not after a bike, they are hardly practical, 2 up dressed in exoskeleton clothing with no bootspace? Cornering and braking of a minibus?

On the other hand, why hasn't anyone thought of a TVR? Outstrip most superbikes and other supercars in a straight line, superb cornering,
No TVR that i can think of does sub 10 second quater miles even the Ferrair Enzo doesn't do that it take more like 11 seconds.
Brake on a bike arn't bad at all cornering well all down to guts. Given any race circuits the bike would beat a TVR IMO. Evo did a test some time agao superbike Vs M3 and some other Mabo and the bike won easily the only thing close was the motorbike engined race car thingie.

hoggaz said:
Aye Ralph your right 350 bhp per ton on the clio to the r34 gtr's 221 you'd probably cruise past.

350bhp per ton on the clio ........bare in bind the 182 is 1080kgs er havent seen any turbo clios anywhere near that power figure yet lol you show me a 370bhp clio 182 then we will talk lol 250bhp is the norm which is around 230bhp per ton

also factor in, you would need to be in a high gear to make the most of the power and traction, that and a skyline can deploy 100% power efficiently

in reality you would be nowhere fast and the skyline owner wouldnt care anyway LOL

LY 200
I would'nt bother, i think these cars are good enough as they are really and you would be furthering the possibility of it breaking all the time!!!

Not to mention the time/effort/hassle/money in doing it!!!

As said if i wanted a real fast car, id just buy a real fast car.

clio 172
Laingo said:
It's his money. He can do what the f**k he likes with it!!

I do agree here its his money.............BUT the thing you need to do is just talk to people who have done this sort of thing, and i bet 9 times out of 10 they say don't do it......there will be a lot of people on here who have wasted a lot of money on doing cars up to something they shouldnt be...its ok when you are doing it, but you do feel like sh*t when you sit back and think about what you could have had with the money!!

Basically the clio is a clio!!! Everything is designed to work with each other......The gearbox is designed to work with its engine not, 100bhp more......THE ENGINE WOULD THEN EAT THE GEARBOX FOR BREAKFAST,, unless you spend 5000 quid on an upgraded gearbox!!!

IMO just for you to think about, and im not telling you what to spend your money on...........Get an EVO!!!! Just MY OPINION

80MPG BEEZA
dont kill this guy for thinking about it as i have and still do ponder on it, hmm 10k will see you with a rebuilt engine and new gearbox running 300bhp i got insurance qoute which runs at £100 for 25% power increase this is almost 50% making my insurance go up £200.

i have went out looking at skylines and imprezas which i like but there like 10-15k and have like 40-60k on their clocks where the turbo would be very low i have 13000 miles on my car.

i want to do a car up so its just a beast pure and simple and go to shows and tracks and people go wow! if i get a skyline or impreza its the same amount of money for a standard car so i'd have to spend more money making it into what i want.

as of recent i've been thinking of maybe getting a ford mustang and just having the muscle and turning that into a monster i just dont do anything to my clio at the mo part from clean it until i decide what to do!

just think long and hard k-tecs conversion was 7k for 230bhp over a year ago now for under that you get 250-260bhp so the price will go down eventually or the bhp will go up and more products will be available so just hold your wallet for a while atleast

mk1 172
cosworth said:
I get the impression he's not after a bike, they are hardly practical, 2 up dressed in exoskeleton clothing with no bootspace? Cornering and braking of a minibus? Not for most...

I agree with the buy the 300bhp straight out suggestion, there are numerous Cosworth, Skylines and Evo's pumping out close (though don't believe the Scooby boys claims).

On the other hand, why hasn't anyone thought of a TVR? Outstrip most superbikes and other supercars in a straight line, superb cornering, sound and looks? Winner!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TVR-500-Griffith-well-looked-after-great-condition_W0QQitemZ150036032420QQihZ005QQcategoryZ108780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TVR-CHIMAERA-4-0-Metallic-Blue-PAS-Full-History_W0QQitemZ230029915719QQihZ013QQcategoryZ108780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Corning and braking of a minibus???

You sir have clearly never been on a well riden sports bike. Most will outbrake your clio every day of the week, and corning they ain't gonna be far behind either.

Although to be honest, with you most experienced riders will nail you in the twisties as well.

Granted more skill and balls are needed to ride a bike quickly than a car, but thats not the discussion!

80MPG BEEZA
Dave_W said:
Corning and braking of a minibus???

You sir have clearly never been on a well riden sports bike. Most will outbrake your clio every day of the week, and corning they ain't gonna be far behind either.

Although to be honest, with you most experienced riders will nail you in the twisties as well.

Granted more skill and balls are needed to ride a bike quickly than a car, but thats not the discussion!

a car wud be quicker in the wet! and warmer ;)

2005 Nissan Navara
TVR's are shite. Handling is appalling...not to mention shite build quality.

Noble is where its at ;)

I'd be careful about turboing a car that isn't meant to run a turbo. Some have said to uprate the internals etc but your going to be spending mega money on piece of mind with parts like uprated engine internals, gearboxes, clutches etc etc.

It's best to go, as people have said, with an engine that's already designed to be turbocharged. Whether this engine is put into the clio or whether you just buy a different turbo car instead of the clio.

As to a clio vs a skyline gtr, lmao. It will be gone before your front wheels get traction.