ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Time - French Car Show 2008

A full session is classed as 40 cars.
To headline a session we need 21+ booked which we'll do easily :)

There will be no problem getting a minimum of 10 on another session just it wont be exclusively ours that's all.

I need to contact FCS Organiser Mark to talk things over but I would not imagine a problem with you guys getting another session in.

Last edited:
I am off to bed (early rise) but there will be no problem at all side lining a second session for you.

If you don't fill it, we can team you up with another Renault club no problem.

Only the big clubs can fill 35 slots per session so most clubs have agreed to do shared sessions. Especially for the ones who wish to go out twice.

Track is going to be mental this year.

PS - Day there have ben some planning changes to the track but nothing really to worry about. I will discuss tomorrow.

182 ff with cup pack's
ive just checked the date and seen its the same as moto gp at donnington so should i spend the day with rossi & co, or with cliosport ragging my car round rockingham?

Please note new track configuration.

The original layout had to be amended for safety reasons.

The configuration now used is actually longer than previous :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ooh, longer track, same number of cars (?) = more space :approve:

Link/pic would be good. I've been watching videos of the proposed layout and dreaming the line. Need to undo all that now LOL

The layout has changed as I used the one of the rockingham website but book-a-track will only use the big track as turn one without the chicane is a 100mph corner in a Clio and if you hit the wall you will be dead.

You will get turn four on the banked oval but for some reason its not as fast.

I can see your point, if someone dies with a broken neck it would e tragic, sour the event and of course would not be acceptable.

Bumder With A Buffer
By the way this is just the interested list correct?? I'm not commiting to anything yet am i? Just got a house move coming up soon! I really want to do a track before i get rid of my Clio :(

I will contact interested parties for payment in the next few weeks.

If you can't commit then you'll loose your place - simple :)

Bumder With A Buffer
I will contact interested parties for payment in the next few weeks.

If you can't commit then you'll loose your place - simple :)

Okay thats cool! Will be my 1st ever track action if i do make it!

Schweppy you can pootle round with me if you like!! lol!

Question for the people wanting 2 sessions:

Do you want a back to back session or would you like some time between sessions to cool down etc ?

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i gt mine with green light but if we have insurance and some one hits us on track who hasnt got insurance then there no point haven it is there ? woul it not be like getting hit by an un insured driver on the road

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
On track you only have liability towards yourself.

If you get hit by someone, the only claim you can make is on your own insurance. You can not claim off someone elses insurance.

In other words, it doesn't matter who hits you or if they have their own insurance or not - the only policy you'll be able to claim from is your own.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
On track you only have liability towards yourself.

If you get hit by someone, the only claim you can make is on your own insurance. You can not claim off someone elses insurance.

In other words, it doesn't matter who hits you or if they have their own insurance or not - the only policy you'll be able to claim from is your own.

ok cool didnt know that cheers mark so is there actually any point in having it

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Err, yes.

Some muppet ploughs into you causing you to go into the gravel/armco.

You claim off your insurance policy, get your car mended and get back out on track.

If you don't have insurance and that happens (or if you run out of tsalent yourself with no one else involved) you can be faced with a big repair bill.