ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK TROPHY 381 – PROGRESS TO DATE

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
It's a ph1 mate so it doesn't have the clip arrangement that the ph2 has. Well not to my knowledge anyway!
Ah!
That's maybe why it looked like it came off rather easy........ The wing clips are a pain in the arse, not tough enough to keep the wing in on track (suppose my nose down stance doesn't help it), but tough enough so you feel like you're going to crack the wing every time you pull it out!!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ah!
That's maybe why it looked like it came off rather easy........ The wing clips are a pain in the arse, not tough enough to keep the wing in on track (suppose my nose down stance doesn't help it), but tough enough so you feel like you're going to crack the wing every time you pull it out!!
Yeah I have a similar thing with mine as well mate. I've considered the pitking qr devices before, but just never got round to it.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
My ph1 has the little tabs that locate into the wing as per a ph2.......I've cut mine off as I've a set of the pitking quick release fittings I'll be fitting this week

Keep enough of an edge to locate it into the wing. Otherwise it will most likely sage and the panel line will be off!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
My ph1 has the little tabs that locate into the wing as per a ph2.......I've cut mine off as I've a set of the pitking quick release fittings I'll be fitting this week
I must have a look mate, they seem to be far more discrete than the aero catches and a lot simpler to use. Was a little worried that they may sheer as the look a little flimsy in the clip, but the bumper doesn't usually take that much punishment. I know Neil / Stu have one on the centre of the grill on the green Clio which seems to do the job perfectly....

I think i'm going to go down that route as well

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Keep enough of an edge to locate it into the wing. Otherwise it will most likely sage and the panel line will be off!
my thought was not to cut the lip shorter, but to shave the little bumps that stick up off, that way you still have the inch lip going into the wing guides, but it just wont lock into place?

my thought was not to cut the lip shorter, but to shave the little bumps that stick up off, that way you still have the inch lip going into the wing guides, but it just wont lock into place?

Touche!

Yeh, tbh I get by with it 'locking' in place as you can pull down and out, although my stance isn't as cool as yours due to like 4.5 degrees of camber making the top of my wheels look like a 1.2 rep haha

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Touche!

Yeh, tbh I get by with it 'locking' in place as you can pull down and out, although my stance isn't as cool as yours due to like 4.5 degrees of camber making the top of my wheels look like a 1.2 rep haha

i'm not that bad either to be fair, I just unclip / clip back in. The problem is this........
WP_20160328_002.jpg

............ after every lap, just pops out, trivial really as a thump and it goes back in, but I just like things right!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have that bumper problem too.... I'm going to put pins on the front to keep the panel gap and then latches on the side.
Capture_zpsui5rdgz9.png

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
:car::smile:well, time to add to the to do list above! Its a simple install which should improve reliability this year......

delivery from Renault :up:

WP_20160331_001.jpg

4 new genuine spec injectors, new coil pack and an oil filer cap as the other one just isn't clean enough 🔨 :car::smile:

182 arctic
great thread, nice car.. like the white lettering on your tyres few pages back looks racey.. fancy this myself... did it scrub off and look messy once blasted round the track?

cheers

Andy

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
great thread, nice car.. like the white lettering on your tyres few pages back looks racey.. fancy this myself... did it scrub off and look messy once blasted round the track?

cheers

Andy
Hi mate, the writing stays on pretty well, the front passengers always seems to wear off, must be rubbing on the bumper?? novelty really, I have more excited thoughts on it. Some of my tyres are just left black, but some already have paint part applied on them fro the previous owners, so as opposed to it going out with part applied old paint I always give it a little freshen up before use. :smile:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Hi mate, the writing stays on pretty well, the front passengers always seems to wear off, must be rubbing on the bumper?? novelty really, I have more excited thoughts on it. Some of my tyres are just left black, but some already have paint part applied on them fro the previous owners, so as opposed to it going out with part applied old paint I always give it a little freshen up before use. :smile:
More excited thoughts WTF LOL, bloody phone predictive text lol, MIXED THOUGHTS lol,tyre paint doesn't get me that excited 🙈

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Well todays update.....

Coil pack & injectors fitted, fires up perfectly now.....

New oil filler cap, purely aesthetic, but a little upset that it doesn't match the original!

Adapted the live terminal cover for the small battery and fitted that on, Velcro retaining strap in place. Earth cable mods shall follow, i have a kill switch on order.

FIA cage insulation fitted.

Drivers floor plate fitted, not 100% convinced, but it is comfortable under foot and can be easily removed......
WP_20160402_001.jpg
WP_20160402_002.jpg
WP_20160402_003.jpg

WP_20160402_011.jpg
WP_20160402_013.jpg
WP_20160402_005.jpg

Pit-King quick release buttons on order for the front bumper too ;)

More to follow....

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yeah, great minds haha

Mines had knock on the from so has never fitted right. I ordered black and got blue tho

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Yeah, great minds haha

Mines had knock on the from so has never fitted right. I ordered black and got blue tho
Ha, I've ordered black too, at least blue kinda works with yours..., although a shade or too out, that's what I thought about the red and thought black was safer.....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Does anyone know the colours of the wires in the rear loom that go to the spoiler brake light? Save me stripping it to look.........

Much appreciated

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I do really like this car, looks great.

Battery looks interesting. Would be good to see how you get on with it. I need a little battery for my rally car but have no idea what to go for.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I love wiring nom nom nom
Brake light feed is orange and earth black as usual.
Car looks so good. A huge amount has happened since last year!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I do really like this car, looks great.

Battery looks interesting. Would be good to see how you get on with it. I need a little battery for my rally car but have no idea what to go for.
Thus far battery is great. I'm in the middle of finalising bits so its stop start 100 times and so far no issues of failure. Fraser had his sitting with the lights on for a while, not running, and that drained I, but so far no issues at all.

I'll keep you updated mate.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Thanks mate, that's what we thought.

Yeah, its coming on well, so hoping to have reliability and lots of track days this year and hopefully maybe a CS16 visit as well :)

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Thus far battery is great. I'm in the middle of finalising bits so its stop start 100 times and so far no issues of failure. Fraser had his sitting with the lights on for a while, not running, and that drained I, but so far no issues at all.

I'll keep you updated mate.

Thanks bud. I might have missed this, but do you have a link to where you got it from? What are it's rough dimensions? Would be interesting to have a measure and if it would fit where I'd like to put it!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Thanks bud. I might have missed this, but do you have a link to where you got it from? What are it's rough dimensions? Would be interesting to have a measure and if it would fit where I'd like to put it!
Its a JMT Lithiam Ion battery mate, the listing for my one is not there anymore, but just type it into ebay. Bikaholics sell them, £59.95. My sizes may vary from the new listings so its worth a quick look but roughly 200mm long, 90mm wide and 100mm high

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Its a JMT Lithiam Ion battery mate, the listing for my one is not there anymore, but just type it into ebay. Bikaholics sell them, £59.95. My sizes may vary from the new listings so its worth a quick look but roughly 200mm long, 90mm wide and 100mm high

Ah ok. Are there any markings or part numbers on it? Any chance of a picture of any labels? Might help me find the right one :)

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Ah ok. Are there any markings or part numbers on it? Any chance of a picture of any labels? Might help me find the right one :smile:

hope this helps - ebay 281973413099

JMT - HJTX14H-FP-SI
Voltage
12 V
Capacity 4 Ah (10 Std)
Type Lithium Ion
Capacity 48 Wh
CCA (Cold crank amps) 240 A
Cold Start Current Method Measurement SAE
Length 150 mm
Width 87 mm
Height (battery) 93mm