ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trackday 172 and 130i daily

scullyg40

ClioSport Club Member
I currently have GAZ gold coilovers on the front, that section of the body looks a lot narrower than the BC's. On one of your pictures (maybe the angle) the Laguna hubs looked alot wider in this area.
I see what you mean. Unless the GAZ coilovers also have the thread inside the strut, I can see why the BC's are wider in that area.

Oh also. I believe this setup widens the track 12mm (I'm not sure if total or each side) I see you noticed it was wider.

Are you using the same driveshaft? And if so have you experienced any problems with them and the increased width?
Thanks
Yes, the track is increased with 12 mm per side. I specifically asked PMS if I should use wider shafts, but they assured me I could use the original ones, and I haven't had any issues.

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Yes, the track is increased with 12 mm per side. I specifically asked PMS if I should use wider shafts, but they assured me I could use the original ones, and I haven't had any issues.
That's a relief, I did ask them via email but they never came back to me. Thanks for the help

scullyg40

ClioSport Club Member
I had a bit of hose left from the brake cooling, and as my cold air intake had it's best time (I only had 1 intake left, and that was looking like it could fall apart every second), I decided that I would upgrade this a bit.

360.jpg

The intake diameter is the same, but more smooth, and now I have 2 proper cold air feeds, in stead of 1.

360.jpg

scullyg40

ClioSport Club Member
Maintenance time again. :cautious:

360.jpg

Driving a track car isn't cheap. This is my 3rd set of brake pads already, and my second set of disks (not that they are expensive, but still), and I need another set of tyres, and my cambelt is coming up. The wife isn't going to be happy about this. :whistle: I also rather spent this money on upgrades, but they don't keep the car alive, and I have to say, all this time, I really didn't have any issues with the car.