ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip counter only goes to 100 miles & resets, 172

Not sure if it's the right section,

My old mans 52 reg 172 (normal one) has started doing this, BUT only after he took it to the renault monkeys to look at it for something else.

He had the cambelt done with them & when it returned his mpg was way less that it ever was:S He took it back to them as he thought the cam timimg may have been out, they said it wasn't & it was all fine (it's not it is still low)

He now notices that after it went to them, the trip conter only goes to 100 & then goes back to zero.

How can he get it back to how it was ?

Cheers.

Lotus Elise 111R
He's had it back for a few months now, the battery is fine on it at the min.

Isnt that the point of every trip reset thread?....the battery is fine for ages(months), then one day the car won't start and you are stranded.

He has checked it out on a volt meter etc, it's all fine. It was 100% fine before they looked at the car.

I guess he could try another battery on it & see though.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Try doing a self test and resting the panel. if the batterys on the way out i would have thought it would have done it every morning? cold car cold morning more power to start the car.

How do you do the self test ?? I've searched but it brings up loads of other things irrelevant to what I want. I have seen threads on here, just can't find them.

Ph1 172
Do you mean you are driving along and the mile counter goes 99.7, 99.8, 99.9, 00.x?

Mine resets the mpg and trip every time I start it from cold - as the battery is getting lazy, but it is a different thing to above.

If as above - are you sure the 'hundreds' digit is actually working on the display - it might say 100 - but the '1' is knackered so you get 00 instead?

Cheers Mells:)

ed - I don't know i've not looked at it, I see what your saying though, the 1 part could be knackered & it's working fine, just not showing it.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Mine did this Craig..... Two weeks later my battery is completly dead! I have no car! :(

Still driving the dads 8 series isnt so bad ;)