ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Recaros

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
I've got lux pack ones from a Megane (full leather) I'd prob take £750 collected.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Its ridiculous the money these go for, imo they rant even nice, uncomfortable and pretty crap, i guess because they are OE they hold mega value!

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For what its worth, the Megane ones are better being full leather (wear on the trophy ones is a known issue)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
agreed with the above tbh, not very cumfy, sit too high, look the part though and don't seem to be wearing too badly! I sit much lower and twice as comfortable in my dci!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Its ridiculous the money these go for, imo they rant even nice, uncomfortable and pretty crap, i guess because they are OE they hold mega value!

I've said this for years - the only reason I would put them in the Megane is purely to sell it on for the OMGZZZZZ Recaro's! brigade....

I think my full fats look far nicer albeit as supportive as the Recaros... i.e useless.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Recaros are much better than the standard seats in every sense. The standard ones are sprung foam ffs.

I find them much better for my posture, I find it impossible to slouch in them and they're not like OTT buckets but still have decent support around your shoulders. Much better than standard at least.

I suspect most of the "Recaros suck" band either don't own a Clio or haven't even sat in them.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
lol. I've had 2 sets, both been terrible for my back. far too much lumbar support and not even adjustable.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Recaros are much better than the standard seats in every sense. The standard ones are sprung foam ffs.

I find them much better for my posture, I find it impossible to slouch in them and they're not like OTT buckets but still have decent support around your shoulders. Much better than standard at least.

I suspect most of the "Recaros suck" band either don't own a Clio or haven't even sat in them.

Your wrong I'm afraid, I've had 2 trophies, the lad above prefers the seats in his dci, and Clart also says they arn't very good.
However as you said, they are much better than the standard clio sport seats.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I had & sold about 20 Sets of recaros over the time.

They have never sold for less than £750 & always sold within a day ( mostly on Ebay )

they are great comfortable seats- perhaps the people that don't like them just don't fit in them ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I don't like them because they are not comfortable (for me). They look great though.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found them ok, the only problem I had with my recaros were the fact that they were the full Leather ones so when you were pressing on you slid about the seat a bit

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Your wrong I'm afraid, I've had 2 trophies, the lad above prefers the seats in his dci, and Clart also says they arn't very good.
However as you said, they are much better than the standard clio sport seats.

Out of interest then, why would you buy a 2nd Trophy if you hate them so much? Did you remove them to sell or just stick with them because you secretly like them?

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
At no point have i said i hate them, i have simply said the price they go for is ridiculous (full S3 recaro interior from around the same period can be bought for less)

i'd counter your point 'I suspect most of the "Recaros suck" band either don't own a Clio or haven't even sat in them.'
with the only people who defend them are the people who own them ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
I love my Recaro's and prefer them to full leather... never been a fan of squeaking and sliding about everywhere!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
At no point have i said i hate them, i have simply said the price they go for is ridiculous (full S3 recaro interior from around the same period can be bought for less)

i'd counter your point 'I suspect most of the "Recaros suck" band either don't own a Clio or haven't even sat in them.'
with the only people who defend them are the people who own them ;)

Fair enough, you wouldn't own them if you thought they were bad though. Worth much more on eBay than they are in a Clio.

I guess have held their value so well as they're a straight swap for standard seats without having to spend £X on subframes. So in that respect they're not bad value at all.

And it is down to the individual it seems. Clart mentioned too much lumbar support, I personally love that.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
they are great comfortable seats- perhaps the people that don't like them just don't fit in them ;)

FLOL. "if you dont like them I suggest you lay off the pies" :rasp:

I really like the Trophys Recaros, coming from Recaro Sporster CS's in the Meg 250 they seem a good middle ground and a nice touch for the interior IMO.