ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Track Car

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Must be hard starting all over. Can I ask why use a trophy if your not keeping the sachs?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
it went straight on to the AST's Chi.
and the car was uber cheap so made a perfect base platform, it didn't matter to me if it were a 182, a cup or a Trophy, I just wanted a smart looking car to build upon, and this one came available at the right price at the right time by a guy I knew and trusted and almost on my door step.

maybe a sacrifice for a Trophy, but hey ho ;)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thinking about it, trophy is good value once you sell the good bits you end up with a cheap starting point.

late 2003 172cup
well, its all over for the little Trophy.

after having a new engine fitted, delete PAS and a few other bits, ive finally thrown in the towel, and taken the spanners to it over the wekeend.
shes no longer to be, breaking her down slowly over the coming week or two and selling it all off.

roll on the R27 new project for 2014 :)

its final glimpse of daylight :(

null_zpsdd375507.jpg

null_zpsbf21cf6e.jpg

null_zpse041fe75.jpg

ha3e4u2a.jpg

Shame but I have your cars sister :)

I just wanted a smart looking car to build upon, and this one came available at the right price at the right time by a guy I knew and trusted and almost on my door step.

maybe a sacrifice for a Trophy, but hey ho ;)

Cheers mate. :)
Chi With the mileage of this trophy and the fact it didn't come with many of the trophy bits even from me, its a good base to build a good trackcar as it was pretty cheap, too cheap even! But glad that someone like Kelv got hold of it and did something decent with it. :)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
You breaking it on here?

it was broken to a certain level as I bought an R27 to move on to, but I couldn't gel with the car, so better the devil you know and its coming back to life better than before :)

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Have you set yourself a goal as to when you want it track ready?

Not really Bobby, ready when it's ready.
but my back may play a limiting factor on occasions.

i am aiming for the ring the beginning of May, which should be easily achievable, or atleast I hope.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Kelv I have a few monday evenings free in Feb in feb and march if you want me to pop round and lend a hand for a couple of hours, although would probably be about 8 or half 8 by time I got there so kind of depends how late you stay, not sure if you sort the little one out then pop down your unit or do it other way around etc.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
The unit has come to an end chip, we need to be out by the end of the month which is a shame.
the car is going in to a friends garage for a few weeks and in that time frame I'm hoping to have the hard standing and big workshop erected at the bottom of the garden so it can all come home.
I appreciate the offer and will give you a shout once things start to commence, thank you.

Chi, it's not just back aches buddy, I've got two prolapsed discs, I've had 2 epidurals, some form of steroid based injection into the damaged discs, they have recently highlighted I have 2 fractured bones in my lower back known as a pars defect and I suffer Spondylolisthesis (disc slippage) so I'm waiting on an opp to have keyhole surgery to have 2 small pins fitted and possibly then plated to the vertebrae above it.
so I have good and bad days, some days I can do loads, the following day the simplest of tasks can leave me in agony.
the combination of medication have me up and down with the days, feeling happy one and sooo low the next, which in turn seems to give me a bit of a grumpy mood swing (there are other contributing factors aswell, it's not just my back causing the low days) which in turn has given me a bit of depression, which then comes back round to my back being a restriction.

vicious circle at the mo :(

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just messaged my mate again and asked him to look at your symptoms. He's a chiropractor. . might not help but you never know..

Good to see this being resurrected Kev :)

You gona try n come to Bedford as a passenger at all? Would be good to see you again mate

Just out of curiosity is it Tramadol you're on? That stuff is nasty...

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'm unsure Jon, I've got a hospital appointment the day before beds, so it will hinge on that.
i may well do, but I won't go out on track as a passenger, I'll just socialize for a few hours with a brew or two.

and yes, Tramadol, it's awesome for the pain relief but it plays buggery with everything else.
and it's one of the reasons im not allowed out on the ground at work anymore.
been on/off Tramadol for best part of 4 years now, along with other anti inflammatorys and muscle relaxants.

Kelv good idea mate , best to play it by ear with things like that

And I can definitely sympathise with the Tramadol! I put my back out just before Christmas and normally take Paracetamol and Ibruprofen. Took 2 Tramadol and it made me feel like s**t for the best part of 8 hours!

Never again!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Jon_KTM I can imagine it did make you feel a bit shitty, they did for me when I first started on them but ive probably got used to the dizzy side effects.... either that or they blend in with my normal way of life and they arnt so noticeable.
Chi appreciate your message late last night buddy ;)

Range Rover Sport
This Trophy build is spot on, I have just joined the club. Looking to buy a 182 soon and make it a track car as have new job offshore with plenty of time off to work on it. This build has given me some great inspiration. Looks the nuts and hope to see it in action one day!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
This Trophy build is spot on, I have just joined the club. Looking to buy a 182 soon and make it a track car as have new job offshore with plenty of time off to work on it. This build has given me some great inspiration. Looks the nuts and hope to see it in action one day!

Check out the ITB Trophy I'm selling.. ;)