ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Video Test

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Spent this evening giving the car a wash and decided to have a mess around with the video on the camera. Quickly threw together something in Premiere, nothing special - just a test more than anything. Can't work out why it's not uploaded as 1080p though :S

Excuse the shakey 'sliding' shots; my dolly was a 2x4, an old shelf and a skateboard from the '70s. That's how I roll.

Cheers,
Luke

Last edited by a moderator:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
As above, try moving slower if possible.

Also, upload to Vimeo

Good effort though! I really want to have a crack at making some videos, don't have the equipment yet though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers for the critique guys. Agree with all the points! Will get some more practice in at the weekend, slower panning and a better location, i.e. not my drive.

Watched it again this morning and cringed, lol! 1080p seems to working now though, but doesn't help.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely work dude. Yeah just a little slower panning and chopping in and out of cuts.

No volume for the music but I assume it was awesome ;)

Titanium 182
If you can, try using Adobe Premiere as you can use an image stabilizer on it - just pick two locations of the frame which you want to pan smoothly across and hey presto! Car looks good :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers all.

good effort definitely. Those bodies are reasonably priced as well.. might give it ago when I'm not strapped

Cheers mate. Go for it, I picked it up at the weekend - definate upgrade to my D40!

gally said:
Lovely work dude. Yeah just a little slower panning and chopping in and out of cuts.

No volume for the music but I assume it was awesome ;)
#

Ta sweetcheeks. The music was a little different for me tbh, a song by Sigur Rós.

markhinton said:
If you can, try using Adobe Premiere as you can use an image stabilizer on it - just pick two locations of the frame which you want to pan smoothly across and hey presto! Car looks good :)

Cheers for the tip Mark. I'm using Premiere, fortunately, so will give it a go. Not used it in about 3 years so I'm a bit rusty!

MonkeyKnifeFight said:
Really like those focusing shots cool vid also your stop animation vid made me lol :D

Thanks mate. Ha! I forgot those vids were on there, my old college stuff :eek:

SharkyUK said:
Great job, Luke... DIY dolly and glide is the future! :D The Trophy is looking mint! :cool:

Cheers Andy, I'm doing my best to keep it clean! LOL the 'Dolly', it's erm...

5904485189_9c48e92749.png

Don't pretend you don't want one...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I was wondering whether you were on here mate! Didn't realise you owned the Z3M, too. Makes sense now that I either see one or the the other most days. I've stopped driving that way at the moment because of the bloody traffic lights at Eversley, lol.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Andy, I'm doing my best to keep it clean! LOL the 'Dolly', it's erm...

5904485189_9c48e92749.png

Don't pretend you don't want one...
LOL! I'm sure you are, mate... and I'm sure it is spotless. I have to hold my hands up and admit that mine is stinking at the moment. I took a drive up to my folks over the weekend and hit two swarms of flies/bugs. Talk about a mess. I even had to pull over and clean the windscreen such was the mess! On a different note... 180 miles to visit my folks... returned 12mpg... oops. But it was a very enjoyable drive. :D

And I won't pretend... I do want one. That board is like totally rad dude.

Z3M Coupe, Trophy
I was wondering whether you were on here mate! Didn't realise you owned the Z3M, too. Makes sense now that I either see one or the the other most days. I've stopped driving that way at the moment because of the bloody traffic lights at Eversley, lol.

Yes, generally drive one or the other, the Coupe needs some work doing on it at the moment. The Trophy is good fun though, although the Coupe will always been number 1.

I thought I hadn't seen your car for a while, so that makes sense!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
LOL! I'm sure you are, mate... and I'm sure it is spotless. I have to hold my hands up and admit that mine is stinking at the moment. I took a drive up to my folks over the weekend and hit two swarms of flies/bugs. Talk about a mess. I even had to pull over and clean the windscreen such was the mess! On a different note... 180 miles to visit my folks... returned 12mpg... oops. But it was a very enjoyable drive. :D

And I won't pretend... I do want one. That board is like totally rad dude.

Lol at 12mpg! Bet the bwarpage was worth it though!

Yes, generally drive one or the other, the Coupe needs some work doing on it at the moment. The Trophy is good fun though, although the Coupe will always been number 1.

I thought I hadn't seen your car for a while, so that makes sense!

The Coupe does look stunning mate, always have a good look whenever you drive past!

Looks great pal.

Good to see you trying something different from the usual photos.

Cheers Jon. Ha, expect plenty more when I get to grips with the bloody thing ;)

I've just uploaded it to vimeo, too. Quality seems to be better - the frame rate seems to struggle with my panning though! Will definately be trying some slower panning shots with a higher shutter speed soon.

[video=vimeo;26058781]http://vimeo.com/26058781[/video]

Needs to be clicked to watch in HD, for some reason.