ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trouble removing front doors on a 172 Cup

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
So long story short I need to remove the driver's door from my 172 Cup and I've got to the pins and removed the clips but the pins aren't budging. Is this common? Is there a trick to it or a particular tool that makes it easier? Do I just need to find a way to hit the pins harder? So far I've been using a small lump hammer and a flat-ended drift.

Cheers guys,

-Hat

RB Clio 182
So long story short I need to remove the driver's door from my 172 Cup and I've got to the pins and removed the clips but the pins aren't budging. Is this common? Is there a trick to it or a particular tool that makes it easier? Do I just need to find a way to hit the pins harder? So far I've been using a small lump hammer and a flat-ended drift.

Cheers guys,

-Hat
Are you the guy that knows anything and everything in ‘the things id like to know’ thread?

Sorry i cant be of any help but im sure someone will be along shortly.

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
Are you the guy that knows anything and everything in ‘the things id like to know’ thread?

Sorry i cant be of any help but im sure someone will be along shortly.
I don't know everything. I know a lot of things. And I haven't posted in that thread in a while. But.... kinda. I did hold that reputation for a while.

This is one example of a thing I don't know and would like to. I'm aiming to try again on Sunday with a bigger hammer and a longer drift (and maybe an angle grinder since the door that's on there is toast anyway). But if there is a better way, I'm definitely all ears.

330i. E30 Touring.
As above. Some need freeing up, so a bit of heat/cold never hurts. Then give the f*****s a thump.

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
Fair enough, thanks guys. I'll try hitting it harder on Sunday then, maybe with a bit of heat gun action thrown in here and there :p

dan's cast offs.
It's the fact you can't get a punch straight on that causes the most of the problem getti g the pins out.

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
Yeah, I kinda figured that. I might take a grinder to the door so I can get at the pin straighter, it's f**ked anyway.