ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Truck & MG Racing etc, Thruxton today

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Went to this today, weather was appalling in the morning but brightened up by the afternoon. Don't know anything about truck racing as it's not something i usually watch, i have to say though it's quite an impressive sight seeing someone control a massive slide in one of these things! Here's a few pics.

IMG_3846.gif

IMG_3849.gif

IMG_3850.gif

IMG_3851.gif

Up to this point i hadn't been doing much photography due to the weather, hence my first truck picture is this one. The track was still damp and he basically went straight on at the end of the long start-finish straight. The energy of the collision can be seen by the fact he took out the tyre wall, bent the rail behind, and the fence behind that! Luckily the driver was ok.

IMG_3854.gif

IMG_3856.gif

The truck was also still driveable, although obviously wasn't in a condition to be raced.

IMG_3858.gif

Back to the racing;

IMG_3862.gif

IMG_3868.gif

IMG_3874.gif

IMG_3877.gif

IMG_3880.gif

IMG_3888.gif

IMG_3892.gif

IMG_3902.gif

IMG_3926.gif

IMG_3930.gif

IMG_3936.gif

IMG_3942.gif

IMG_3962.gif

IMG_3963.gif

IMG_3975.gif

IMG_3976.gif

IMG_3979.gif

Thanks for looking.

Wow, never got along to Truck Racing yet, hoping to one day. 1000bhp and quicker to accelerate than a 911, or something! I love the last shot, very cool.

Do they beef up any of the fencing or put spectators further back for this? The main chicane near the entrance seems particuarly vunerable, notice you've got some pics from there though.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Wow, never got along to Truck Racing yet, hoping to one day. 1000bhp and quicker to accelerate than a 911, or something! I love the last shot, very cool.

Do they beef up any of the fencing or put spectators further back for this? The main chicane near the entrance seems particuarly vunerable, notice you've got some pics from there though.

Cheers. No extra fencing, but they did put spectators further back at all the major corners, which luckily i guess included Allard. And after the crash they pushed it back even further at Allard so you had to walk right along the top of the raised banking. The raised spectator bit at the chicane was off limits but strangely not the flat bit as you can see from my pics. The marshalls also stood in the actual spectator areas rather than at their usual posts during the truck races.

The racing was quite good, like you say they're incredibly quick and there's a lot of touring car style bumping that goes on! They also tended to drift quite a lot, particularly at the chicane where the back end really flew out with a couple of them.