ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying to Remove steering squib + Fit Ph1 indicator stalk to Mk2 Ph2

As per the title, I'm trying to fit my ph1 indicator stick with horn button, onto my Mk2 Ph2 182, as I've got a Sabelt wheel.

I've got the wheel off fine, and the audio stalk and steering surround. But I'm stuck at what to do next:
My understanding is I need to undo the 3 screws to remove that front bit, then the two silver screws behind to release the indicator stalk.
However I've tried a Torx T15, and a Torx T10, and neither of these fit.

I've been using the guide in the guides section, however in that, he doesn't seem to have the bit on front with the 3 screws?

You can just see the two screws I need to get to behind it:

DSC02507.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

Any help!?

Ph1 T
youve got it spot on what you need to do mate put alot of pressure on when undoing them they will come out iirc its a 10 or 15 (loads of pressure) :)

Trouble is neither of them seem to fit! I can't get it to go on.
Feels like the hole in the middle of my torx bit is too small! And I can't push it on enough to bite, and don't want to mash the head!

Ph1 T
not sure then mate just know i had to put alot of pressure on the bit i used and out they came

182 Cup
You don't actually need to undo those funny torx ones, I thought you had to so bought some special ones only to find out I didn't need to undo them, just the screws of the stalk iirc, been a while since I done my tho so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ph1 T
you cant get to the screws without taking the front 3 off and removing it though well i didnt think you could

BMW E82 M Sport
Mine just pulled off mate, look behind it and you will see the little clips holding it on.

Make your your steering angle sensor is set right when you fit the steering wheel boss ;)

Got this done today. Was easy. The black bit does just pull of carefully as said.

For anyone who finds this after searching:
Then literally two screws and unplug the connector, and the indicator stalk comes out.
There's one black and one red wire seperate, connected on little pins, so you just pull these off, and push them onto the pins on the new one.
Then reconnect the big connector, screw on and voila. Horn now works with button on the end.