ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo 172 Off The Road!!!!!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
after lossing my job 5 weeks ago im now decided to take the clio172turbo of the road! after all my insurance is £2200 and i have to renew it soon!and add points!! plus im using far too much petrol on pointless lazy journeys a mile away!
also needs a few bit doing to tidy her up a bit!
some small dents!!!!! damb 4x4s!
front splitter smashed! underbottom!
engine/gearbox mount!
take show cage out!may sell.
fit my new bucket seats!
it needs 4 new 17"tyers!
plus loads of bits i have got planned for the engine!:S give me a chance to catch up i suppose!
should be ready for the next fcs lol!!!!
im gonna miss driving her on boost for a year!

Last edited:

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Big Iain said:
U could lower it
?
i have kw coil overs! because of the stiffness of the suspension it would not help handling to lower it!
unless i went back to 16s which im considering! also considering a new diff! qauifffe is it who makes one?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
yh iv got loads i wanna do to her and iv got loads of ideas so it should be even more of a beast when it goes back on the road! lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
chris172 said:
Cool.... LOL!!! mods are asleep then!!!! LOL!!!!

Admin's awake though!

(Evidence saved for future reference :rasp: )

Corsa Van. Meh.
get smaller wheels bud!Thats what im doing!

Looks sweet, seen this at BB, must be fast!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
ClioTurbo_1 said:
get smaller wheels bud!Thats what im doing!

Looks sweet, seen this at BB, must be fast!
yh was at bb for a long time! not their fault tho.tis really fast,but im sure i can handle a little faster!:approve:

BMW Z4 3.0i
Have you had a straight line drag with a chipped megane 225 yet? If so, what happened. An honest account of events would be appreciated and no mention of twisties or bends please, just straight line I'd like to know about. Thanks

A car like the 225 is always going to need 40-45 more bhp to match a Clio 0-100, so I doubt even a modestly chipped 225(260-270?) would leave a Turbo Clio(240-260?). No chance.

artic blue 182 Cup
Roy Munson said:
A car like the 225 is always going to need 40-45 more bhp to match a Clio 0-100, so I doubt even a modestly chipped 225(260-270?) would leave a Turbo Clio(240-260?). No chance.

completely disagreed, OE 225s are waaay faster to a 100...

YoShImUrA said:
completely disagreed, OE 225s are waaay faster to a 100...

To clarify, I meant that it already needs its 40-45bhp more to be in the same game, so it would need a LOT more to compete with a 260bhp Clio weighing far less. By "waaay" faster I presume you mean 1-2 seconds?

Jones said:
How heavy is the megane? dont forget the clio is also getting fatter

I think it's c. 1300kg or slightly less. We are talking about a Clio2 though by the way which is 1110kg for a full fat.

172 Cup
I test drove a Cup at a garage when I was looking to buy, and the previous owner had stuck some 17s on it. Looked awful and handled pants compared with standard.

artic blue 182 Cup
Roy Munson said:
To clarify, I meant that it already needs its 40-45bhp more to be in the same game, so it would need a LOT more to compete with a 260bhp Clio weighing far less. By "waaay" faster I presume you mean 1-2 seconds?

I actually believe that, speaking about acceleration, Mégs are always faster than Clios... I've seen it myself...

And yes, 1-2 seconds is a lot to me;)

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
no stupid magan would be faster than mine!
aint raced 1 yet!but will look out for one! 1/4mile 13secs?