ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

BMW M135i
Might be more cost efficient to be looking for another long block? rather than spending on repairing this one which could just end up causing more problems later on down the line. Could get away with just a short if the heads gotten away without too much damage.

ValverInBits
^^He shouldn't need to, the engine was easily good for the power and more with those components in. Just needs a new 'rod^^
Sounds like bottom end AND top end, but with a bottom end like that oil pressure will be right down and cause lack of oil up top.

I'd start with another engine!
Well it don't take brain of Britain to know it was bottom end even my grandma thought it was that. The top end was part of the problem 2 the roller had come off no one said anything about that i could have done all the bottom and come to that an started car to find it brake again

crank regrind, custom journal shells, new rollers in the top, possible oil pump replacement
(the list could go on, but you don't know that yet).
imho mate, save yourself the hassle, and the potential hassle, and source a new engine.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
SRB in Accrington have the complete engines (minus ancilleries) in stock, too.

That's if you're going the whole hog and decide to go that route.

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Might be more cost efficient to be looking for another long block? rather than spending on repairing this one which could just end up causing more problems later on down the line. Could get away with just a short if the heads gotten away without too much damage.
Heads fine iv had cams out the lot saves abit of money :)

^^He shouldn't need to, the engine was easily good for the power and more with those components in. Just needs a new 'rod^^

crank regrind, custom journal shells, new rollers in the top, possible oil pump replacement
(the list could go on, but you don't know that yet).
imho mate, save yourself the hassle, and the potential hassle, and source a new engine.
Why do i need to change the rollers on top ????

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Wow this is just a disaster. Hope you get this sorted cost effectivily... or is it too late to start talking about cost effectiveness? lol/

Lol nothing there that will cost much iv just spent over 5000 on it less than 1000 int much :)

some pics.

09122008031.jpg

09122008034.jpg

That piston smells very very strong of fuel.
09122008035.jpg

09122008036.jpg

09122008037.jpg

ValverInBits
yeah that rod was fubared. make sure you get the crank properly heat treated and the re-ground journals surface hardened

yeah that rod was fubared. make sure you get the crank properly heat treated and the re-ground journals surface hardened
Its a engine company doing it. They said they will give it me back ready to go back in.

they have only done few 1000 miles there not even slightly different colour like the old ones where.

f**ked ph1 172
its the manufacturing process, means they cant be 100% the same weight. so this will cause an imbalence and can cause all sorts of problems.

do a search, was covered on here a few weeks back.

Has anyone got a peace of air con pipe they dont want the small one that comes out of the pump?

Had crank checked its scrap its shrunk to much they said need to get a new one now

ValverInBits
Had crank checked its scrap its shrunk to much they said need to get a new one now

I seriously don't know why you didn't just go for a new engine like everyone said, or at least a new crank in the first place.
But anyway, at least the new one will have 4 good journals on it :)
Keep at it mate.

I seriously don't know why you didn't just go for a new engine like everyone said, or at least a new crank in the first place.
But anyway, at least the new one will have 4 good journals on it :)
Keep at it mate.
Coz i dont just go out and buy stuff just like that. Ye crank is rubish but i only found that out today. I will see how much a engine will be and how much a crank would be.

It finding a engine that i need to do i need one fast

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I think the main problem with all this happening is that you dont take experts advice, but now you're regretting you didnt and slowly starting to listen, First of all it was "the bottom ends fine" then its "oh i checked it and its fine" now its "oh its fucked." Listen to people who know what they're talking about's advice fella! Hope you get it sorted soon though :D

Get on e-bay. Find an F4R that's got less than 50K miles on it. That'll set you back about 500 quid.

Work from there. That bearing, crank and rod is gone, probably the oil pump too, the chances of there being a lot of 'fallout' kicking about in the lump are pretty damn high which could easily lead to bigger problems later.

On a mass produced and easily available engine like the F4R you are much better off to just dump it than try to fix it.

Cheers
M

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Coz i dont just go out and buy stuff just like that. Ye crank is rubish but i only found that out today. I will see how much a engine will be and how much a crank would be.

It finding a engine that i need to do i need one fast

As i said three pages back dude... speak to Matt at SRB in Accrington!

They have 182 engines in stock!

That's the cheaper option, in the long run, IMO

PMSL @ that rod though! Good effort!

And how much as it cost me so far????? nothing

If i went and bort an engine and old one could have been sorted it would have been a massive waste of money. Dont cost anything to check i dont jump to what people say on here.

As i said three pages back dude... speak to Matt at SRB in Accrington!

They have 182 engines in stock!

That's the cheaper option, in the long run, IMO

PMSL @ that rod though! Good effort!
Have you got the number??? that rod dont look like that now looks same as the others that engine place has sorted it for me :)

BMW M135i
No way would I be rebuilding with that lump personally, it'll just never be right. F4Rs aren't expensive enough to warrent the potential long term fvckabout imo.