ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Whoo the new engine is in car and running :):) trying to sort a air leak but other than that its great :) Runs like a dream. picked up the engine 4 yesterday and worked on putting it in car till 4am this morning. Runs better than the other one ever did

Some pics i got

11122008039.jpg

12122008041.jpg

Only got them all the rest dint come out right because i used my phone to take them as i dont have a cam

Just been out in car its running fine now it just had air in the fuel line well pleased with it.

f**ked ph1 172
yeah its amazing how much waiting on parts extends the project!

and how when you've had it apart how quickly you know what to remove etc

yeah its amazing how much waiting on parts extends the project!

and how when you've had it apart how quickly you know what to remove etc
Couldnt be more right there. Prob could take it bits again and find an even faster way to do it

320d
Realy good news Ryan. Hope you have no more problems mate. Will have to have a proper look at it at the Xmas meet, not seen it since its been running properly. Was very smokey etc at the karting meet in october.

Cleaned it yet ;)

Did you take your ZS on track btw?

Realy good news Ryan. Hope you have no more problems mate. Will have to have a proper look at it at the Xmas meet, not seen it since its been running properly. Was very smokey etc at the karting meet in october.

Cleaned it yet ;)

Did you take your ZS on track btw?
Not cleaned it yet no lol :rasp:

Ye took ZS round was really good did really well.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
On my conversion I have an electirc auxillary oil pump that returns the oil to the block. One day the fuse tripped on the oil pump and the turbo was starved of oil and within less than 5 minutes (of ideling on my drive) it overheated and blew its oil seals leaking oil everywhere!

Doesn't take much to ruin a turbo, so might be worth sending it off for a check and re-con? just a thought.

On my conversion I have an electirc auxillary oil pump that returns the oil to the block. One day the fuse tripped on the oil pump and the turbo was starved of oil and within less than 5 minutes (of ideling on my drive) it overheated and blew its oil seals leaking oil everywhere!

Doesn't take much to ruin a turbo, so might be worth sending it off for a check and re-con? just a thought.
Its been checked mate its all fine

Was your ZS just a project car or something?

Glad you still made the most of the day.
its not my ZS mate its my best mates its his project car well abit mine i have done some stuff to it too. Its a amazing car and very fast for a 1.6 soon to be a super 1600 at just over 200bhp

Thats the problem with bodys lol

Going to get a boost control valve on Monday get some more power out of my car :)

i take you mean a bleed valve??......dont bother going adjusting that without checking the fueling for higher boost.....you will blow it up again!!

oh and get a ''lockable'' item so no n00b can mess with them while your driving etc etc

TBH i wouldn't bother, I'd be inclined to play with the actuator rod....its cheaper

i take you mean a bleed valve??......dont bother going adjusting that without checking the fueling for higher boost.....you will blow it up again!!

oh and get a ''lockable'' item so no n00b can mess with them while your driving etc etc

TBH i wouldn't bother, I'd be inclined to play with the actuator rod....its cheaper
tryed that and just lost power. I'm taking it to rstuning when i get it so he can look at the map

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
eh? you can go 2 ways, you wind the rod tighter so that you get more boost, or you push it further away so you get less, other thing is if youve got a w4nk actuator the spring might be soft. you cant wind it tighter and make the wastegate open up sooner just not possible

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
then you did it the wrong way lol, wind it in the other direction = more boost, but make sure you get the mapping done at the same time otherwise engine number 2 will be on its way too