ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Ordered new engine going to pick it up tomorrow :) soon as i get back it will be stripped :)

1.2 16V MKII
lol nice 1 lad, just make sure all pipes are sealed and away from wear this time, stick foam around them if ya have too, lol

Pick it up, take it home, don't strip it down, drop it in, put all bits back on, drive to Oulton on Friday morning. Done! :cool:
will try and change the stuff that needs to be changed and get it in for oulton. i badly want it on track

A

ashy_gtt

Ryan, are you running std compression?

Also I would be very suprised if the turbos ok... if the crank & Rod have got that hot its ben starved of oil for a while! Your oil feed is off the back of the block isn't it? If i remember rightly that gets its feed after the journals!?

ValverInBits

Also I would be very suprised if the turbos ok... if the crank & Rod have got that hot its ben starved of oil for a while! Your oil feed is off the back of the block isn't it? If i remember rightly that gets its feed after the journals!?

journals are always first in the oil feed i thought?

0.6 bar
The turbo never lost oil, the oil light never came on that was in the oil feed line. When i took the oil feed pipe off it was still full of oil.

Last edited:
what do you think i should do then get new turbo??? should i change car whalst at it, its got oil on it. I had a headlight bulb go the other day i best change both bulbs an clusters.

Its a joke how some people are on here the engine place i took crank etc said im mad changing the engine they have fixed miles worse than that. Best go get some more money off the money tree. So whats everyone think then new turbo??? Coz if i dont all im going to get is that im not taking advice.

what do you think i should do then get new turbo??? should i change car whalst at it, its got oil on it. I had a headlight bulb go the other day i best change both bulbs an clusters.

Its a joke how some people are on here the engine place i took crank etc said im mad changing the engine they have fixed miles worse than that. Best go get some more money off the money tree. So whats everyone think then new turbo??? Coz if i dont all im going to get is that im not taking advice.

TBH Ryan, with comments like that and many others on this thread, you dont deserve advice, Ashy and many other people in this thread have tread to advise you, and you throw c0cksure comments like that back at them!

take a step back Ryan and think about what you type......i no a few blokes on here that have forgot more than youll ever know about engines so FFS just think about the advise your being given.....i could of and will save you ALOT of money.

so your saying to bin a perfectly good turbo then??? Ive said in loads of posts the turbo is fine why am i getting people still saying it will be knackered. I dont just come on here and think i know more than anyone i dont care tbh. I take my stuff for a pro to look at i kinda made the right move getting another engine but been told by more people i should have fixed the one iv got.

R56 JCW
Matt i think you should build it :) Ryan, as much as u want it running i wanna see it running perfect aswel alot more than 230ps. Like Matt said, jst look back at the advice and do things properly :)

A

ashy_gtt

journals are always first in the oil feed i thought?

Thats what I'm saying mate, the oil feed from the back of the block is after the journals. I believe the flow is from the pump through the filter back into the block and then feeds the journals from the fly wheel end. The oil feed will be last on its travels. Would have to check the book to be 100% sure on that. But it looks like that ties in with his hot con-rod being number 4! there hasn't been enough oild to feed all 4 journals and as 4 is the last in line for a nice bit of lube hence its the one thats let go!

I'm not sure the turbo will be dead, it may of survived but its highly unlikely. They need a good supply of 45psi oil pressure! Will be worth checking it whilst you have it off!

Trouble is you said it wasn't knocking and it was. YOu said you had checked the bottom end and it was fine, but it wasn't. Seems to be a trend here so I know where I'd put my money on weather the turbo is ok or not!

The other thing is you drove the car whilst it was knocking, if the rod was slapping about on the crank then it would of lost oil pressure. Which wouldn't of helped the turbo!

f**ked ph1 172
TBH Ryan, with comments like that and many others on this thread, you dont deserve advice, Ashy and many other people in this thread have tread to advise you, and you throw c0cksure comments like that back at them!

take a step back Ryan and think about what you type......i no a few blokes on here that have forgot more than youll ever know about engines so FFS just think about the advise your being given.....i could of and will save you ALOT of money.

He has gone back on him self so many times in this thread though.

i've given up giving advice, despite me saying and a few other that the crank is fucked, "no its fine it just needs a grind, may be a polish" to quote. then comes on and say the cranks fucked.

big ends, no they're fine i've checked them.
oh wait one of thems spun.

tbh i've tried helping, i've not criticised his work or anything, just tried some advice, but just get told that he knos best.:rolleyes:

Thats what I'm saying mate, the oil feed from the back of the block is after the journals. I believe the flow is from the pump through the filter back into the block and then feeds the journals from the fly wheel end. The oil feed will be last on its travels. Would have to check the book to be 100% sure on that. But it looks like that ties in with his hot con-rod being number 4! there hasn't been enough oild to feed all 4 journals and as 4 is the last in line for a nice bit of lube hence its the one thats let go!

I'm not sure the turbo will be dead, it may of survived but its highly unlikely. They need a good supply of 45psi oil pressure! Will be worth checking it whilst you have it off!

Trouble is you said it wasn't knocking and it was. YOu said you had checked the bottom end and it was fine, but it wasn't. Seems to be a trend here so I know where I'd put my money on weather the turbo is ok or not!

The other thing is you drove the car whilst it was knocking, if the rod was slapping about on the crank then it would of lost oil pressure. Which wouldn't of helped the turbo!
Iv told you iv had it checked. Do you want me post you the recipt???

He has gone back on him self so many times in this thread though.

i've given up giving advice, despite me saying and a few other that the crank is f**ked, "no its fine it just needs a grind, may be a polish" to quote. then comes on and say the cranks f**ked.

big ends, no they're fine i've checked them.
oh wait one of thems spun.

tbh i've tried helping, i've not criticised his work or anything, just tried some advice, but just get told that he knos best.:rolleyes:
I say it to stop people going on and on. one person syas its the bottom end then 10 more people follow "i know the frist person said that" i hadnt even taken the bottom end off when i said it. You dont know me you dont know what i know and dont know. Ive done cars since i was 14 so not as if this is my first car.

Least it wasn't the project that caused this it was something i put on after i relies it was a bad move now lol an i have given the oil cooler away.

ValverInBits
^^ what!? so are you going to run an F4R turbo without an oil cooler?

Is the turbo journal bearing or ball bearing?

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Keep the cooler but make the lines out of proper Aeroquip lines & fittings & make sure that its installed & secured properly so theres no chance of it rubbing again & splitting!!

A

ashy_gtt

Mine runs without a cooler, my oil temps mever go over 90 degrees even on the track!

Mine runs without a cooler, my oil temps mever go over 90 degrees even on the track!
That was the same as mine when i didnt have it on when i put it on it was showing the same temp. My mate needs it more than me dont do anything really to mine

R35 GTR
I havent had an oil cooler on mine ever. It does have a water cooled turbo though.

Really sorry to hear about the problems. Can I have the intercooler?

I havent had an oil cooler on mine ever. It does have a water cooled turbo though.

Really sorry to hear about the problems. Can I have the intercooler?
Im not selling the bits lol will get it all going before weekend