ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
then you did it the wrong way lol, wind it in the other direction = more boost, but make sure you get the mapping done at the same time otherwise engine number 2 will be on its way too
I've changed it back to how it should be getting a controller tomorrow so will get it mapped when i can

Got some gauges today (boost, oil pressure and oil temp) Also bort a boost control valve :)

A

ashy_gtt

Ryan, when you say you've bought a boost control vlave what did you go for? Is it just a mechanical bleed valve or some sort of electronic gadget?

Car is starting to annoy me now it wont idle right and had everything off to see if there is a leak or something. Cant find anything at all few people have looked at it. Any one got any ideas stumped now

200bhp 172 cup
Car is starting to annoy me now it wont idle right and had everything off to see if there is a leak or something. Cant find anything at all few people have looked at it. Any one got any ideas stumped now

no offence but you dont seem to take ppl's advice anyway ;)

ValverInBits
Its not even fitted to the car yet lol. If it carry's on playing up think im going to change the engine again it wont stop revving itself

It won't be the engine causing that problem. It's going to be electrical or sensor related surely. Can you post a video of what it's doing?
ICV possibly? how bad is it?

It won't be the engine causing that problem. It's going to be electrical or sensor related surely. Can you post a video of what it's doing?
Will go get a small video in a min. it just stalls or revs go very very low. or when its hot it can rev very high

Are you running an aftermarket ECU, I guess you've checked the sensor outputs live? Do they look lke they are giving sensible numbers?
I cant check it on a meter i dont have one or know anyone with one thats the problem. If you cover the pipe half over for the carbon canister it runs ok ish. Groggy as hell first thing in the morning no power at all at low revs

This is what its doing the knocking is when it is at very very low rpm nothing else lol.
th_16122008.jpg

A

ashy_gtt

Whats the AFR's look like when its doing this? Rich?

I guess you can't plug your laptop in and view live mapping? Is it one of these chipped Stock ECU's you're using?

I'm guessing either a sensors reading the wrong temperature or broken / wiring issue meaning your compensations are all over the place or the lambda sensor is doing a similar thing?? Does it smell rich? does it bog down when you try to rev it, then pull though? Is it hard to start?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

FBW

No ICV

Lambda or TDC sensor, i reckon... i'd say more towards lambda

Running rich

ValverInBits
christmasface has now had a sneaky edit and I agree;) It sounds mega rich. Could be lambda, but I'd say i was a different sensor, MAP at a guess.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If it was running any richer, it'd be puffin' out £50's!

Still using the base map from the other engine? Same sensors?

Whats the AFR's look like when its doing this? Rich?

I guess you can't plug your laptop in and view live mapping? Is it one of these chipped Stock ECU's you're using?

I'm guessing either a sensors reading the wrong temperature or broken / wiring issue meaning your compensations are all over the place or the lambda sensor is doing a similar thing?? Does it smell rich? does it bog down when you try to rev it, then pull though? Is it hard to start?
Its using a standard ECU just mapped. Not got the plug to plug it into car unfortunately. doesn't smell rich i wouldn't say but it bogs down till it gets up in the rpm. Its fine to start but soon as it does its bit like its got a misfire till its warm

If it was running any richer, it'd be puffin' out £50's!

Still using the base map from the other engine? Same sensors?
Same map as other engine an everything is the same on this engine too.

I will check the Lambda sensor later but its ok on fuel its doing bang on the same miles a take as the last one. Im starting to think it might be an injector with it acting like its got a misfire. Checked the map sensor thats fine i changed it an it still did the same.

172 Turbo, Mini Cooper s
This is going to be crazy lol

Would it be better getting ITB's with Wild cams for about £4500 or a Turbo for £5000 (Not sure how much it's gonna cost to fit so didn't put it in)? This isn't a dig btw, I'm thinking about this for next year.... want usuable power though and I've been told anything over 220bhp in a front wheel drive car is where it starts to go downhill.

Hi Guy's ...got my 172 Turbo back..she dyno'd 272bhp...@ 9 PSI..on a T28 Turbo!!!....and i Fooking Love it!!!

1.2 16V MKII
wot rpm is it sitting at when idle? maybe the throttle cable is sittin to slack, have you checked that? get the rpm around 1k on idle