ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

pichers1.gif

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Now its all problem free i'm well happy with it :) Dunno if i should strip it out or not.

Booked to go on oulton park next friday :) get to see how much difference its really made :)

shouldn't need it if it's been mapped right. Normally good practice to reduce boost slightly for the track becuase of heat soak, but this is fairly low boost anyway so debateable if it's necessary IMO

so nothing can fail out on track then to witch will make it lean out??:rolleyes:

at least det monitors will give you this indication.

R35 GTR
I got a techedge wideband and sensor datalogger for £100ish off the ebay. You can add four thermocouples and a couple of voltage inputs and log them.

ITB'd MK1
so nothing can fail out on track then to witch will make it lean out??:rolleyes:

at least det monitors will give you this indication.

chill your boots and stop taking thinks the wrong way. I run a Phormula KS3 knock meter, an Omori EGT gauge and various other early warning meters so I do know what's necessary on a highly tuned turbo car. I just regard this as it is as fairly mild in the boost it's pushing so it's fairly on the safe side already.

I'd regard oil pressure and temperature as highly important for the track as even if there's no fault with the running of the engine, you can just keep going and thoroughly cook the internals.

I want to get the stuff but i cant get them before Friday that's the only problem

Whoop just turned 2000 since i finished car. Checked everything an all is ok :) not burning oil not smoking. part from the battery wont keep its charge but i think thats fixed not, all is good. Will get some pics up after the track day.

Finaly fitted a oil cooler dont know if it will make much difference on road but track i think it will. One step from being ready for track new brakes :)

Well im happy :) went really well round the track. other than braking a bolt that to 5 mins to fix it was fine. Only used 1 and a half tanks.

And a very hot exhaust :p
07112008143.jpg