ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo/supercharge clio quick as?

Probably been covered before but just to get back to the subject.

How much money are we talking to turbo/supercharge my Trophy?

I know I'd need upgraded brakes etc too.

Would it ruin it?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Have a look on Engine dynamics and Ktecs sites mate, will give you a rough idea. No it wont ruin it as long as it done correctly.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Probably been covered before but just to get back to the subject.

How much money are we talking to turbo/supercharge my Trophy?

I know I'd need upgraded brakes etc too.

Would it ruin it?

Saying "how much to turbo it" is kind of like asking "how much does a holiday in america cost"

Its very dependant on the details.

For somthing like mine, you'd need 6K minimum realistically for the conversion, and as to wether it would ruin it, if your main goal is economy then yes it would.

RS172 Flamer
Why would you want to given how much more efficient an intercooler is and how much space you have to fit one?

I use charge coolers only when I have to.

Some people like to be different. I'm not saying that I would but I just woundered if anyone had. Like in a V6 turbo build for example :) Just being curious

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
For a mid engined car like a V6 they make a lot of sense, as you dont have easy access to the frontal area.

I run one in my nova for example:
DSC_0535.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Seen that video before, not a turbo though.

No, just someone driving like a tool, he doesnt have a faster car he just has less respect for other road users and is taking massive risks that one day if he keeps going will kill someone, I used to drive like a tit like that myself on the roads 20 years ago and think it was acceptable, these days I have grown up and get my thrills on trackdays instead.

Golf mk2 gti 2.0 16.
What a t**t!

Even though the turbo clio would obviously been faster than a itb clio, some people may still want the n/a delivery. thats what i'd like to do with my mk2 golf.

cliosport 172 mk2
sorry lads i put that up as a comparison to show how fast a clio can be in respect to a turbo car, i agree complete nob to be honest but he will be the lucky one and someone else will foot the ultiamte cost

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
sorry lads i put that up as a comparison to show how fast a clio can be in respect to a turbo car, i agree complete nob to be honest but he will be the lucky one and someone else will foot the ultiamte cost

Its not a case of being quick compared to another car though if the other car isnt being driven like a tool as well. Its not how fast the car is you are comparing, its how much of a tool the driver is.

Get them on a track on a nice empty straight and see how much it changes things!

Chip any graphs from your car? Couldn't care less about overall power just interested to see the torque curve and if/where the power dies off?

If not, does it lag at low revs and where is the powerband (from your seat dyno :))

cliosport 172 mk2
Snorrrrring mate seriously met your type mate when i was apart of the rss gang of wiki geeks and clicky group types i dont care at all but what i do know is astra vxr was trying its hardest to not be out done and that clio if i remember rightly was driving on a straight and passed it so what more do you want me to say end of now its boring now.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wick, Yes mate there are graphs in my thread for various throttle angles. Showing not just power but a hint of how it drives too.

It first makes 260bhp @ 4500rpm, and then it rises to 280bhp and then doesnt drop below it again until 6800rpm, so basically when in use in that part of the rev range (ie the whole time on track) its got between 260 and 280bhp at all times.

And at 7K, its still making 240bhp, then after that it tails off pretty quickly, Ive got the limiter set at 7500rpm just in case I need to pull a few more rpm coming out of a bend

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Snorrrrring mate seriously met your type mate when i was apart of the rss gang of wiki geeks and clicky group types i dont care at all but what i do know is astra vxr was trying its hardest to not be out done and that clio if i remember rightly was driving on a straight and passed it so what more do you want me to say end of now its boring now.

Lols just stop.

Quit_punching_yourself.gif

Wick, Yes mate there are graphs in my thread for various throttle angles. Showing not just power but a hint of how it drives too.

It first makes 260bhp @ 4500rpm, and then it rises to 280bhp and then doesnt drop below it again until 6800rpm, so basically when in use in that part of the rev range (ie the whole time on track) its got between 260 and 280bhp at all times.

And at 7K, its still making 240bhp, then after that it tails off pretty quickly, Ive got the limiter set at 7500rpm just in case I need to pull a few more rpm coming out of a bend

Cool. I'll have a nosey when on my laptop. I know your not one to be offended by a forum comment but I hope my statement about not being cared about overall power wasn't taken The wrong way. Just more interested in the delivery :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza

The Clio in the video is not turbo'd/supercharged.

This thread is about turbo'd/supercharged Clios.

Comprendè?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool. I'll have a nosey when on my laptop. I know your not one to be offended by a forum comment but I hope my statement about not being cared about overall power wasn't taken The wrong way. Just more interested in the delivery :)

Not offended at all. I'm of the same mindset :)

cliosport 172 mk2
The Clio in the video is not turbo'd/supercharged.

This thread is about turbo'd/supercharged Clios.

Comprendè?

Sssssh mate your boring ive already said its a video to show people how quick n/a to turbo so calm your passions. Me and chip have coverd this context in detail so no need to jump on the 192 band wagon mate.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Sssssh mate your boring ive already said its a video to show people how quick n/a to turbo so calm your passions. Me and chip have coverd this context in detail so no need to jump on the 192 band wagon mate.

My boring?

cliosport 172 mk2
Fair enough mate i wasnt aware tbh the guys a complete noob just impressed how quick the clio was in comparrison to the vxr etc but ah well lol done now. :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
What's stevieH's trophy running these days? Was at 375bhp iirc last time I heard. I had a ride in that when it had the ktech setup and seemed torquey. Never heard of a Clio with more than that.