ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Twingo Renaultsport: Review & Pics...

ValverInBits
for all renaults efforts, these are not very popular cars really are they. I've seen 1 on the road I think. Loads of GTs, but FA of the 133.
Everyone thinks, hmmm, nice car, could do with a bit more power. They really should've gone for a 1.4 turbo to help the tuning possibilities imo

your review just sums up what ive said since last sept, like anyone on here listens tho.

cs membership = a editorial in autocar iirc

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
your review just sums up what ive said since last sept, like anyone on here listens tho.

cs membership = a editorial in autocar iirc

LOL. Eggzactly.

A few more should drive one, instead of read about driving one... or look in "The Knowledge" section of EVO, since it's their top-rated supermini drive. :cool:

Barge
Looks nice. And by the sounds of it, runs very nicely too. I might have to find one of these for a little go in it. Cheap to run in terms of insurance and tax by the looks of it... Uses fuel, much? ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Basically a 182 chassis IIRC? I like them.

Yup. Clio II chassis. Nearly identical to 182 setup.

Looks nice. And by the sounds of it, runs very nicely too. I might have to find one of these for a little go in it. Cheap to run in terms of insurance and tax by the looks of it... Uses fuel, much? ;)

Well, I hammered it nearly all of Saturday, and still got 38mpg.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Niceee mate, I'd be tempted myself if I didn't do so many miles. Sat in one at the London Motorshow last year, actually don't mind the interior so much; driving position seemed better than my old clio too.

LOL. Eggzactly.

A few more should drive one, instead of read about driving one... or look in "The Knowledge" section of EVO, since it's their top-rated supermini drive. :cool:

I've driven one. Had a 25 min blast in one with about 5k on the clock. I said that it handled damn well and was fun in the corners, but wasn't anywhere near a 182 in straight line speed. It just felt like a nippy 1.6 on acceleration, and I was having trouble keeping on the tale of a diesel that I could destroy in the Clio.

Good looking car, quite like the dash tbh, seats aren't that good really, very frustrating driving it out of corners and off roundabouts, and you just feel like a girl driving it.

Titanium 182
Jesus insurance at 19 is £800 for me. Tempted to get one instead of the 182 to save money :rasp: thats a free £1200 back straight away.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Very nice mate!!!
I love them!!!
If i didn't have a soft spot for ph1's I would have got one instead!
Have u thought of spraying the numberplate strip black? Would look mint!!!! Very focus RS ;)

Titanium 182
no brainer tbh. get it bought

Only problem is they're a little small.. But then again my clio is small, but then I would have to pay the extra £k to upgrade the car, but the tax would be cheaper, but it would feel slower.

You see my dilema ? :rasp:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
24l7guq.jpg

Ill be buying this one on 23rd October ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
i was trying to pursuade the mrs to get one but i hate the rear end on them! everything else is really nice but it looks horrid from the rear!

M135i
They are excellent cars. I was excted at the prospect when Renault annouced it. I'd love one too but money doesn't permit atm. Maybe when I start my new job.

Chris, open up the bonnet. Down the left side of the airbox is a little square rubber bung. Take it off. Then go drive. Then tell me what you think!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
cant beleive ive not seen this, i love twingo's just something about the back lights that isnt right for me. Car looks ace and i like the stripes on it too

FF RB 182
Gaz has told me I should buy one of these. Looked at one earlier on in the year and loved it. Will look into getting one when sell mine in around a years time :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
9k for that, no bad especially for the mileage and cup packs.
seen a wee chav round here in one, if i get a chance to go with him we will see if its 2.0 pace, which i doubt

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Definitely not far off.

Obviously in a straight line, it's lack of torque would see it wasted by a 182.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I took it to the Cat & Fiddle road near me on Saturday.

ESP off is mental fun. You've got to be quick when it goes though!!

R26
I got one when they first came out, but got rid for my 182cup and i COULDNT be happier now.. mint car for a girl though :)

320d
I took it to the Cat & Fiddle road near me on Saturday.

ESP off is mental fun. You've got to be quick when it goes though!!

What does your girlfriend think of you ragging it over the Cat & Fiddle Chris?

I can't wait to do the Cat & Fiddle, hope I can make it to the meet, if not i'll be going on my own sometimes soon.